It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Underground Chamber Pumapunku

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The whole story is a fake? What!?!?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Yes, that blogger is a master in creating what people want to believe in, check his recent articles i linked to, the only source for his claims is his devious imagination...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Amazing find!

Puma Punku is my favorite ancient site next to Ancient Egypt's Giza Plateau.

I find it more interesting because we know so little about the site and people who built it or what it's purpose was. Hopefully this new find will give some more answers.

Nice find!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I was unable to find any relevant archaeological news on this story...The only website I could find concerning digs at Puma Punku is this one.

The first page mentions ground penetrating radar:

The ground-penetrating radar system we will be using around Akapana will also be used here.

Our excavations and the ground-penetrating radar (GPR) survey show that there is a large open area ideally suited for ceremonies or public rituals just east of this area. The passageway leading from the food-preparation area into the plaza area is marked by a double-jamb doorway, a kind of doorway within a doorway that typically marks the entrance to ritually or politically charged spaces in Inka settlements. We have been fortunate to have the skilled assistance of Kimberly Henderson, from the University of Denver, who has been conducting a ground-penetrating radar survey around the Akapana. She brought the GPR instrument over to the Pumapunku and set up several grids to systematically survey. This technique works by sending a signal into the ground and then detecting its differential reflection back to an antenna. Denser objects create anomalies in the signal, and by tracing them we can detect walls and other buried features. In an area we suspected was a large plaza, Kimberly's instrument found no anomalies that looked like architecture, while in several other areas she found signals that look like buried walls. We will be expanding our GPR survey in the next few weeks and will try to test some of these anomalies.

No updates have occurred to this page since 2002. Did they just run out of funding or did the crew not find anything earth-shattering with their GPR? If so, how is this GPR so drastically different than the one described here?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I think they found something but were told not to speak about it, that is quite common in the world of archaeology.
The government remove anything that might raise questions and then publish the news to the people showing images of a temple/tomb that was "probably" emptied by looters ages before.

Big Up to Slayer69 for the Thread, as many have mentioned before Puma Punku is probably the biggest enigma of the ancient world. Im really gonna try to visit Peru and Bolivia sometime next year.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yes i'm aware that an extensive area was scanned, with some interesting results as far as finding tracings of cavities in correlation with andesite blocks, suggested as possible water holes, i'll maybe find the PDF report, but as you saw this was some time ago, were the bloggers modus-operandi is to rehash facts into fabrication.

Edit...this

www.cast.uark.edu...

edit on 17-8-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Imagine it is a sarcophagus, but it isn't native american....

Pure speculation. But who knows.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Is this the ruin that supposidly has a "Golden Library" hidden it it? I get my ancient ruins mixed up sometimes. If something big were still waiting to be discovered, Central and South America is where i`d put my money.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm a bit red-faced. It seems you are correct.

The only mention I can find of the Archaeologist mentioned, Domingo Mendoza, is in a book 'The Carnegie Maya III' and it seems he was someone who sold antiquities to someone else.

Sorry SLAYER69, totally unintentional and completely innocent mistake, albeit an embarrassing one.
edit on 17-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It is indeed the case that some googleing *only* comes up with references to this on UFO and doomsday etc. sites, like "beforeitsnews.com" and other trash sites. I don't see any even halfway scientific report on any other site.

edit on 17-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

You are thinking of Sachayhuaman in Peru that has one of the entrances to the tunnel with multiple chambers containing all sorts of treasures including the golden library that goes all the way to Ecuador and even Brazil if we are to believe the legends.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

That's cool, we need to know how this person operates for future referance;

www.triond.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I can't believe it wasn't picked up sooner. Even Phage commented on the subject.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

I'm a bit red-faced. It seems you are correct.

The only mention I can find of the Archaeologist mentioned, Domingo Mendoza, is in a book 'The Carnegie Maya III' and it seems he was someone who sold antiquities to someone else.

Sorry SLAYER69, totally unintentional and completely innocent mistake, albeit an embarrassing one.
edit on 17-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Thanks to people like you and the OP I keep coming back to this site. Congrats to both of you for your work, mistakes and honesty.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
What an odd thing to find at Pumu Punku. Maybe it was a control room for the factory or a rocket launching track.
A bomb shelter? A record or storage room for items left behind. The anticipation is diifficult to bear. I think this is an extremely important find, since no one knows exactly who built the Earth base 1. Lets hope they start excavating soon and the true results are revealed. This is a great idea for a movie here.
maybe the tools used to build it will be there,drills lasers whatever?Non the less this is fascinating and hopefully this chamber will give a clue to who what and where.

Either we were more advanced,or they weren't of this planet or we had help,whatever the answer it would be great to know one way or the other.If only the archeologist were a bit faster on excavating,we won't hear of this again for at least another couple of years.Like one of the other posters said send in the construction workers!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Great post Slayer S+F.... We will no doubt here about this within the next year or two or sooner, it's as usual a question of funds
plus if the findings that lurk beneath Pumapunku flies in the face of the modern perceived view of evolution and the archeological timeline we are taught today, we may never hear about it again, only a small obscure youtube video leak by a shunned archeologist maybe sometime in the future.
Fingers crossed the current team of Archeologists working on the site have a big a pair...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can find no reference to this archaeologist Domingo Mendoza outside of conspiracy and ancient alien websites, all of which link back to the original and only source scienceray.com...
This man and his discovery seem to be fictitious, which is a shame....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You'll end up with more questions from Pumapunku than you will get answers for. Those blocks are made out of Diurite, nothing less than diamond cutting tools or lasers could have cut those blocks. I'm not going to say aliens built that, we don't know what kind of technology the ancients had, and there are ooparts indicating that the modern day mankind was not the only advanced civilzation mankind ever had. Pumapunku may be an Antediluvian settlement.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thta's kind of in the back of my head too. Same as Antartica.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Despite my "virus" worries, I think it's a great, great find. Thank for sharring. Puma Punku has intrigued me for a long time but nothing new ever came of it until today. I will keep myself posted on this for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join