It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Outsiders Perspective...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Im going to throw out a lot of assumptions here...

It seems to me that the U.S is basically a "christian" nation... Pretty much every president has been Christian or at least Christian affiliated...

All of the founding fathers of the united states were Christian...

www.adherents.com...

Now... knowing this... coupled with the Fact that most Christians do not consider Mormons to be real "christians"

My assumption is that Mr. Romney can not win this upcomming election...

Call it a prediction... Call it an assumption... Call it rediculious?

Perhaps it might be a conspiracy?

What do you think?

And yes... i am waring "flame resistant" clothing

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But i thought Roosevelt was Jewish decent

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

As far as i've read he was Episcopalian... which is a Christian sect.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Judge one by their character, not religion, race, sexuality etc etc......By creating labels and separating us from the fact that we are all stuck on this planet TOGETHER as HUMAN BEINGS, is one of the BIGGEST reasons we are living in a violent world being orchestrated by those we have allowed to rule over us!!!

As long as we allow people to create divisions, reguardless of their label, and we buy into the idea of the mob mentality, I would say that we need to figure out what we all have in common versus what makes us different....

Maybe I am wrong, but I do believe that is why the Constitution is one of the greatest documents ever written. I have yet to see a document spell out freedom such as our Constitution.....
edit on 16-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This may provide some insight:

There has been little change in recent years in the public’s views about Mormonism. Most adults say that Mormonism is very different from their own religious beliefs, and only about half of the public thinks of Mormonism as a Christian religion.
Still, the poll finds that most voters who know that Romney is Mormon say they are not bothered by his faith. And even among those who say they are uncomfortable with Romney’s faith, there is little evidence that the discomfort will sway their votes. Regardless of their comfort level, the overwhelming majority of those who are Republicans or lean Republican say they will vote for Romney, and the overwhelming majority of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters say they will vote for Obama.

www.pewforum.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

We elected a Muslim for president.

So what you suggest is not necessarily true.

Let the flaming begin !!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Oh dear...

“I’m a Christian by choice,” the president said. “My family didn’t — frankly, they weren’t folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn’t raise me in the church.”

The president said he “came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead

abcnews.go.com...

I don't think you're correct... Trying to stir the pot are we?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry as an "outsider" i think mwood has hit the nail on the head

let the pot stirring commence

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Is this a racial thing or what?

Why would he say hes "christian" when he's actually muslim?

That doesn't make much sense

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
TOLD YA!!!

Congrats USA... maybe the world won't end eh?

top topics

join