It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about we start a fund to buy an island for a couple thousand people to live on?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

this is by far one of my favorite stand up segments ever.

"Yes, but do you have a flag?"

priceless...

EDIT:
Oh and I like sparta......It is just fun to say to people.....hey.....THIS IS SPARTA......you would be surprised how functional it is in real life conversation.....people agree....this is indeed SPARTA!
edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

this is by far one of my favorite stand up segments ever.

"Yes, but do you have a flag?"

me, too!!

Cool, okay,......
Sparta it is!! Can we make it a rule, though, (a *gasp* LAW, even!) that there has to be as much HUMOR and LAUGHTER as possible? Everyone has to make everyone else laugh as often as possible. On purpose, though, not snarky lulz at the expense of others....and also, we all have to be able to laugh at ourselves & our own foibles!!

We could have auditions...if they make us laugh, they've got a shot at citizenship!

edit on 13-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
we could call it 'atlantis'! that'd really confuse the following generations

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Or, how about Utopica?

The flag could have hands of different colors joining with a crop growing in the background.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Id probably be in charge of cooking for everyone, cleaning up behind everyone, taking care of the animals that are no longer amusing, fixing everything, dragging lazy butts out of bed.. by their ankles if need be, Telling everyone if they arent bleeding or having a seizure theyre fine, and settling fights and brawls. AND be hated for doing all of these things. Be pretty much like living here.. with my husband and children. But be trapped on a small Island that I couldnt hide and disappear on.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Im down. Have a boat also, so alls I really need are some mooring rights and someone to trade me veggies for fish..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I do have a concern....when global warming happens and the sea levels rise....ummm...just a thought here....but will the island be a smart investment......I know i have some future waterfront property in North Dakota i brought for cheap....wondering now if i have been ripped off.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
at day 15 everybody will be sick of each other, the lack of privacy and the expectation to turn it into heaven will be to much for everybody to bear.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
With 1,000+ people we would have to draw a lottery every week.
Whoever wins, we eat them.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why do I keep thinking of "the lord of the flies"??? Oh maybe its because all of the BS fights on ATS with the bickering and all of that. Yeah, I give this island less than a week.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Id probably be in charge of cooking for everyone, cleaning up behind everyone, taking care of the animals that are no longer amusing, fixing everything, dragging lazy butts out of bed.. by their ankles if need be, Telling everyone if they arent bleeding or having a seizure theyre fine, and settling fights and brawls. AND be hated for doing all of these things. Be pretty much like living here.. with my husband and children. But be trapped on a small Island that I couldnt hide and disappear on.

No thanks.

Uh-oh.

You're stuck for now, huh... no one can rescue you yet. BUT.....It will pass!!
You sound really ticked off, though....
I promise I'll help with the animals (which I always find amusing); my kids are grown and out of the house; my husband is very low maintenance.....
and I am not hated.

Hang in there, sister.
Eventually you won't have Aunt Flo there anymore, either. It's fab!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I'm down. Can we secede from the Union, too?

EDIT:
I have a boat!
edit on 13-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

It would be great if "they" would leave the island alone" but "they" wont

edit on 13-8-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If you built an apartment building or two on top of the two castles there to live in, you could probably comfortably fit 200 people on there. That's only $25,000 each. You could just sell your car and chip in.

Or you could do 50 people if they are each willing to sell their houses and move to the island instead.
edit on 13-8-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
ever hear of jonestown?

this is that x2 (:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Maybe think smaller scale and buy a few missile silos in Noorth Dakota instead???

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It reminds me of the game Minecraft

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join