It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black, White, Asain,Exc. (Aliens)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
DISCLAMER This thread is in NO WAY intended to be RACIAL

Yes we are all Human!!

But is it possiable that we are all from a Diff race of Aliens.

Just a thought? Why did the we all evolve so diff?? Why did the Asains get slanted eyes. Blacks get black skin, Whites get white skin. I know the genes are diff BUT Why are they Diff. Where did that come about in evloving and for what purpose.Why are we SO diff yet the same.

If there was an Adam and an Eve would we not be more simmular all sharing the same genes. If we all evolved on the same planet in diff climates would it really change the Genes that much over the breif time that we have been here.

Just some random thoughts

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Intrested]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Why are any sub-species of the same global species so different? Cheetahs and tigers for example. Its still in the cat family (and any idiot can see its the same style on the animal), yet they look very different.

Climate, food, enviroment and genetic flukes CAN affect looks to the extreme. Splitting up asians, blacks or whites is still easy, there are so many unnoticable changes throughout the world, that infact few people are the same

Sidenote: One thing you really have to take into account is the speed of our lives, if one can call it such. Humans adapt incredibly fast despite our apparent size and cumbersome body, and we are doing it faster and faster for every millenia that passes. Banana flies or whatever they are evolve so fast we can see it. Alligators will most likely stay pretty much the same shape for a loooooong time...

[edit on 11-10-2004 by merka]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Why are any sub-species of the same global species so different? Cheetahs and tigers for example. Its still in the cat family (and any idiot can see its the same style on the animal), yet they look very different.

Climate, food, enviroment and genetic flukes CAN affect looks to the extreme. Splitting up asians, blacks or whites is still easy, there are so many unnoticable changes throughout the world, that infact few people are the same

Very good point

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
there are no subspecies.blacks and asiatics are humans like whites.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
there are no subspecies.blacks and asiatics are humans like whites.

My point was that blacks, whites and asians was sub-species for the human species. Whether learned people actually call them that due to the fact we are so similar is another matter, I'm not learned

One might use race also, but I just think species is a cool word.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
there are no sub species!!!and your comparison with cheetah's and tiger is not valable because tiger's and cheetah's are 2 different species while balcks and whites belong to the same species (homo sapiens sapiens)

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

there are no sub species!!!and your comparison with cheetah's and tiger is not valable because tiger's and cheetah's are 2 different species while balcks and whites belong to the same species (homo sapiens sapiens)

Be sure you know the meaning of "sub". There is most definetly sub-species (its a scientific term), but I know its not technically correct in the way I use it in my example (cheetahs and lions cant breed for all I know). It would be correct for the human case I think, since we can indeed breed.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ANIMALIA - CHORDATA - MAMMALIA - PRIMATA - HOMINIDAE - HOMO - SAPIENS

no subspecies there

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

no subspecies there

Good point, except you forgot to add Homo Sapiens Sapiens, sub-species to Homo Sapiens

But it doesnt matter. We may both be humans, but we cant understand each other anyway. I wasnt that technical and specific in my first post, it was just words trying to explain my point.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

no subspecies there

Good point, except you forgot to add Homo Sapiens Sapiens, sub-species to Homo Sapiens

But it doesnt matter. We may both be humans, but we cant understand each other anyway. I wasnt that technical and specific in my first post, it was just words trying to explain my point.

all humans are called homo sapiens sapiens.all ethnic groups are included

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

all humans are called homo sapiens sapiens.all ethnic groups are included

Actually only current humans are called that (since some 100k years back or something), not all humans. But fine have it your way. I will rephrase my original statement:

Blacks are more genetically different to whites than they are to other blacks and repeat the previous words replacing white with black, black with asian and white with asian, or any combination in between, yet all are humans.

Enviroment, food and climate has changed us that much.

Just like we call Siberian tiger, Sumatran tiger, Bengal tiger or South China tiger SUB-SPECIES to the tiger species, I decided to make a simpler sentence saying that blacks, asians and whites are subspecies to the human species, thus the difference. Figure of speech? Possible.

All I know is that all you read was apparently "black... sub-species... white..." and nothing else, completely missing the point of the entire post, using technically correct words or no.

Oh man I need a life. DAMN YOU ABOVETOPSECRET!!!!!!!! I DAMN YOU TO... Where do reptilians ban people? Manhattan?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
No we are all part of the sub-species known as modern man. Homo-sapien also includes Neanderthal and cromagman man. Thoughts are the 3 sub species of man. And the whole skin colour thing is just the amount of pigment in the skin. Even looking with in one of your so-called alien races of man you have lots diversity. E.g. big, small, hair colours etc so your theory dose not makes much sense their ether.

To answer your question it is not even a possibility that we are descended from different alien species and DNA is almost identical. (There have to be sum difference plainly since we are all unique)

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrested
But is it possiable that we are all from a Diff race of Aliens.

Just a thought? Why did the we all evolve so diff?? Why did the Asains get slanted eyes. Blacks get black skin, Whites get white skin. I know the genes are diff BUT Why are they Diff. Where did that come about in evloving and for what purpose.Why are we SO diff yet the same.

We belong to the same species - homo sapiens. There are no living*sub-species, only different races.

Our ancestors from Africa moved around the globe and the adaptations to local environment led to the physical differences we see today among the different races.

People with dark skin have a high amount of melanin. Melanin prevents skin damage by blocking harmful radiation like UV rad. When members of the species moved to colder regions in far north, the exposure to UV decreased. That caused the development of lighter skin, since there is no need of a high amount of melanin. Also, UV light is necessary to make vitamin D, therefore people in colder regions had to make use of the little UV available by producing less melanin.

If a population was isolated in a region, then it might have developed into a separate species. However, as we see today, members of homo sapiens are seen across the globe.

* --> Edit: added the word "living."

[edit on 12-10-2004 by jp1111]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dude, for all that you wrote, i would give you a ban for racism. why? Because you call white people the only homo-sapien as others turn out to be sub-spieces. Thats kinda cruel, dont think you will survive out there ...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just a question, and I have the answer, I just want to see what is said? Now, we are all the same species but is it our DNA that could be different? Are there classifications of types of human DNA or is it all grouped into one. I know that people with Downs have the same strain missing certain DNA pieces, so could this be apllied to 'race' as we have assigned to the difference in skincolor/hair thickness/musclemass/etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
simple, Blacks are black and taller because they originate from Africa, where the temperature was hot, and their black skin was used to absorb the sun. Whites are white because they originate from the coldest environments, where there skin wouldn't absorb the sun, instead any sun that hit it, would actually help warm them faster. And the rest fall in between those two extremes. The slanted eyes are a reason, but i forgot it. Peoples skin is more Brown with the more Melanin they have in their skin. Very simple concept, why are polar bears white, and black bears black? Its interesting to know that, and you can actually observe it, white people are better suited for the cold as blacks are better suited for the heat. If you are black get your white friend to stand outside with you in the middle of the sahara desert, see who jumps into whatever it is you used to get there first. The white person will more be more uncomfortable. However, if it is even 40 degrees out a white person could be fine in long pants and t-shirt, i mean they would still be cold but not that cold, while a black person may act as if it is -10 below. Its just a fun little expirement you can do if you have infinite time money and resources!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't quite agree with that:

simple, Blacks are black and taller because they originate from Africa, where the temperature was hot

What about the pygmee people? And also, I thought it was more economic for a creature to be big in a cold climate, for it would mean bigger creatures would have a relative smaller skin surface to lose warmth through.

You can actually see how fast racial development goes when you look at domesticated animals. Yet, dogs can still interbreed, however different they may look.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111
We belong to the same species - homo sapiens. There are no sub-species, only different races.

Our ancestors from Africa moved around the globe and the adaptations to local environment led to the physical differences we see today among the different races.

"race" is an old inaccurate word from the 19th century

there are no races or sub species - only the human race

blacks are black to protect their skin from the intense sun.in sandinavia the sun is "weak" so people don't need any pigmentation,they are fair

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As for the eyes,it has been discussed. To cut down on snowblindness.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What DarkSide and the others have been telling you is correct: There are no currently living subspecies of Homo Sapiens -- and as an anthropologist, I think I can speak with some authority here. Race is not a species or subspecies and you can find a broad range of skin tones in ALL areas of the world, even among "racially pure" people. A number of Blacks can pass as Whites, and so on and so forth.

Blacks are more genetically different to whites than they are to other blacks and repeat the previous words replacing white with black, black with asian and white with asian, or any combination in between, yet all are humans.

That makes no sense, if you'll forgive me for saying so. We are not, by the way, genetically different in any real discernable way. Otherwise you would have to factor in race when you were doing an organ transplant or blood transplant.

Just like we call Siberian tiger, Sumatran tiger, Bengal tiger or South China tiger SUB-SPECIES to the tiger species,

...which is because there are some significant structural and genetic differences...

I decided to make a simpler sentence saying that blacks, asians and whites are subspecies to the human species, thus the difference. Figure of speech? Possible.

But not, perhaps, the best of ideas here where people know what species are and what it means to label something a "subspecies." I've been pretty impressed with the depth and breadth of knowledge among our members and it's a good bet that if/when you make a goof, you WILL be corrected!

Heaven knows I've been corrected a couple of times!

<<   2 >>

join