It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Im proud that I live in a country that allowed me to raise two healthy productive children one of which is in Afghanastan USAF, We never had to go to bed hungry, and they both have a still receive very good educations, as a single parent I highly doubt I could have fared better in any other country. My home is warm, and safe, and my heart is full and happy.

What does you raising 2 children have to do with the unending wars waged by an imperialistic government for the support of the military industrial complex! Just want to understand what you support and what freedoms here have to do with wars waged in foreign countries for unjust reasons?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
wonder between finding and unclear answer for energy or a particle that explain god??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The Iranian list seems to leave out Israel and their support for Hamas Hezzbullah etc etc etc.

Either or I always enjoy Iranian propoganda, coming from a group that seems to be lacking the intelligence to realize that aside from the Iranian people in their own country people outside their borders can research the facts instead of being told wht to believe.

Always enjoyable...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
How about the Iranian involvement in Afghanistan?
The amount of times IED's have been detonated with their hallmarks is high.

How about Israel? Iran fund hezbollah and hamas.

Stop painting a rosey picture for this country. I seriously do not understand some peoples love for this so called civilization.

Well they did'nt start using IEDs until we started an unjust war! They used those devices in response to an invasion just like we would do if someone invaded mainland USA!
I love all peoples no matter what religion, race or beliefs and
civilization can only be called that if we choose to remain civil to each other!
What do we have to do with Israel?
If you support Israel so much move there!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelknives52

Agreement.

Think about how big the continental US is, and how we've never been successfully invaded by a foreign military. People act like our leadership are a bunch of idiots. Generally, top officials in US Gov have a much, much, much better understanding of the international scene than speculating conspiracy theorists on a forum like this.

Note: I am a big time conspiracy theorist. But, I also think some level of disinformation benefits a population by forcing them to think harder and with more independence. I also believe that a citizen living in America has nothing stopping them from ultimately living the life that they want.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Where is their support for Syria? Their support for Hezbollah.

Why are you listing wars the US supported the same way as Iran but not for Iran?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
uhh hhhuh, iran hates mexico just as much as india loves china, and everyone loves a starbucks coffee

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
How about the Iranian involvement in Afghanistan?
The amount of times IED's have been detonated with their hallmarks is high.

How about Israel? Iran fund hezbollah and hamas.

Stop painting a rosey picture for this country. I seriously do not understand some peoples love for this so called civilization.

Well they did'nt start using IEDs until we started an unjust war! They used those devices in response to an invasion just like we would do if someone invaded mainland USA!
I love all peoples no matter what religion, race or beliefs and
civilization can only be called that if we choose to remain civil to each other!
What do we have to do with Israel?
If you support Israel so much move there!

About as much as Iran has to do with Afghanistan. Tinkering in other countries is tinkering in other countries. Your analogy of an invasion of the mainland US is off - it should be more along the lines of "how would the US react in the event of an invasion of mainland Mexico?". Afghanistan is NOT mainland Iran, any way you want to cut it.

I know they would LIKE it to be, though....

I'm not even going to get into the "unjust war" accusations... unless you really WANT to, that is!

edit on 2012/8/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You say there is a problem with this thread because of certain things the poster may have left out such as covert Iranian operations

And about 95 % of world history since WW-II but that's OK.
In a Propaganda thread such as this it's to be expected.

Well the illustration even though it may not describe every single aspect

AGAIN or 95 % of world history since WW-II

Proceed

from both sides

How would anybody know what exactly both sides have done?
The OP posted a pic with only one sides activities and completely left out why it is those were done.

I call that Pathetic.

you know damn well if we were to compile an honest list from both countries the US would still be in way in the lead

Since WW-II or the past 2,500 years? Let's be real here for a second. Put away your crayons and lets get down to Brass tacks.

Heck the list even shows how the US has attacked Iran various times.

AND

How many times has Iran "Covertly" supported attacks on Israel or in Iraq? Yemen? Saudi Arabia?

I mean, lets put things in context here right?

EXACTLY

Let's

The fact of the matter is that the US government part of the biggest terrorist organization in the world and it grinds your gears no matter which way you try and twist it.

I never denied that. But you and the Iran's full of Unicorns and Rainbow crowd look the other way about Iran's activities.

Let me tell you something they both stink. At least I can admit my Government does. But some here don't have a big enough pair to admit they're smearing the bull pretty damn thick to show Iran's side of the pic completely blank. Let me also tell you something else.

You aint fooling anybody.

You speak of context but if were to fully put things into context it would help disprove the point you are trying to make even more, even though you and your groupies are already doing a fine job of that

ARE you done?

That's your BIG reply?

I rushed back from the Gym expecting something a little bit more than pop culture tripe.

Enjoy your notoriety.

edit on 8-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

yeah, divided we fall, collided we'll burst, invited we'll party

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
All you people have only one thing to say about Iran and that is what about hezbollah and hamas Terrorist bombings of Israel! So ok lets talk about why they are fighting with Israel! Lets see could it be the way Israel is destroying the palistinians but of coarse you don't know anything about this! I wonder why could this be? is it the influence of zionism in the Media, politics and religion! Wake up people cause just because you don't like the way something sounds or cause you heard something through mainstream media don't make it true! Just because America is our country does'nt mean that we are in the right! I don't understand how you can let your emotions overcome your judgement! You need to research more, be a bit more objective and unbiased!
So now will you take this good advice or will you reply with an emotional response?
I choose to see the world through the eyes of someone who will weigh every aspect of all arguements and decide based on all relevant data! What do you base your decisions on?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Think sometimes the US can be the new palenstine, coherrsial freedom of right to build to invovate.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Openly the USA has a longer list than Iran. People point out Irans covert operations...while forgetting the USA has a nice long list too in that department. If you really want to split hairs in the time frame given by the OP.... the USA would still have a longer list than Iran with covert operations included.

Just because the USA has a longer list it does not mean IRAN IS GOOD> it just means that THE USA is more prone to go to war than IRAN. Which is backed up by history. EVEN IF YOU DO INCLUDE COVERT OPS BY BOTH SIDES. which really can't be left out but accurately tallied up SINCE THEY ARE COVERT.

edit on 8-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
Openly the USA has a longer list than Iran. People point out Irans covert operations...while forgetting the USA has a nice long list too in that department. If you really want to split hairs in the time frame given by the OP.... the USA would still have a longer list than Iran.

I love the USA but I can admit it is imperialistic.
\

Agreed, I love the USA as well but hate what our foreign policy has become! If you look to see what the US
secured 1st in Iran it was the Oil and that in it self makes my stomach turn! We always say we are doing something for humanitarian reasons unless those countries have no resources then we forget them! So when Americans defend our foreign policy it sort of fustrates the hell out of me!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Openly the USA has a longer list than Iran. People point out Irans covert operations...while forgetting the USA has a nice long list too in that department. If you really want to split hairs in the time frame given by the OP.... the USA would still have a longer list than Iran with covert operations included.

Yeah, but I'm not concerned with whose is bigger - the OP insinuation is that Iran doesn't even have one!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

OP, the reason Iran isn’t responsible for as many conflicts as the US can be illustrated in just 4 pictures (since apparently that’s how you’re choosing to communicate).

IRANIAN NAVY

US NAVY

IRANIAN INFANTRY (nice shoes BTW)

US INFANTRY

It’s not that they don’t want to interject their beliefs around the globe it’s that they’re virtually incapable of doing so. And some idiots with a axe to grind want to give them the capability to do so….

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Yeah, but I'm not concerned with whose is bigger - the OP insinuation is that Iran doesn't even have one!

I doubt anyone would actually believe they didn't have one but considering how people are you never know hahaha

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Im just glad im not speaking german in this moment,

thanks USA.

-GM

PS. And britain to I guess.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love how people pick small countries like Iran and compare them with an international super power like the United States. US will pass Iran in ANY list. The fact that someone can create a list doesn't mean anything. Honestly, this is all bunk. It's funny, people on ATS think they have more knowledge than the military and political commanders of the world. We all don't even have a fraction of a glimpse of what's really going on out there, this can't be denied.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Most countries have these list but the only difference with them is Irans neighborhood is volatile being how many countries are in that area but we really have no enemies on our borders and therefore no reason to be in so many countries! We should also look at how much monies is spent by the US and Iran. At 4.7% of GDP for the US and 1.8% of GDP which in dollar amounts is like 2/3rds of a trillion to just over 7 billion! the US spends 7 times more then the 2nd highest expenditure for military spending which is china! By the way Iran is number 25 in spending! Oh yeh and israel which so needs our protection is number 18 and spends almost double what Iran does and i doubt that includes all the weapons donated by the US to Israel!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join