It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Ernesto spooling up and coming right at me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm just came from the beach in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Yucatan, Mexico. They've now upgraded it to a hurricane and it's headed right at us!

This morning when the first squalls hit, chairs and tables on the outside deck of the beachfront restaurant in the hotel where I work were being launched like frisbees. Three of the heavy glass tabletops were smashed before we managed to save the rest of them.

That was the first band of wind, it's only gotten stronger since then. I was watching the Cozumel ferry rolling gunwale to gunwale coming in to the pier. The people on board must have been puking their guts out! Lol.

I'm going back down there now with my kiteboard. All the kiteboarders are coming out of the woodwork, we haven't seen this much wind in months around here. Kind of feel sorry for the tourists, but not really. They thought they were getting a super cheap deal coming here in hurricane season, the town is PACKED with people. Now they are finding out why it was so cheap.

I will keep posting updates, if anyone cares.

Oh yeah, conspiracy. HAARP! Weather modification! Aaaaaugh! When it gets up into the Gulf then HAARP will steer it right towards, uh.................New Orleans! Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Baton down the hatches captain!!! I wouldn't imagine at its current speed it can get any worse then a strong cat 2. Now if it slows d down ans builds there may be a problem. Do you have a safe harbor for your boat??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Oh yeah, conspiracy. HAARP! Weather modification! Aaaaaugh! When it gets up into the Gulf then HAARP will steer it right towards, uh.................New Orleans! Yeah, that's the ticket!

You sneaky one

Betcha your sombrero it's going to visit you and not NO.

If your work is close to the water - "storm surge" is the keyword.

You all get them every year it seems though; so, suppose you knew that.

Be safe, stay away from flying glass.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My wife always loves a good hurricane. She has three short-boards, two of which are kinda beat up from Ivan and Katrina. She told me to tell you, she wishes she were there for the waves.

Best of luck guy; stay safe...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Those tourists are probably the bread n butter of your community.

They originaly predicted that the hurricane season will be slow this year.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
que te vaya bien!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Those tourists ARE our bread and butter, there is no other industry here.

My boat is safe in man made canals down south, as long as we don't get a huge surge. This will be my TWENTY FIFTH HURRICANE, so I'm fairly well prepared. I'm stoked for shredding some waves.

We never get any big waves here. Cozumel breaks the waves, but even on the back side of Cozumel they never get too big, this is the Caribbean, adn the other islands out there have broken the waves once already. It's like a big lake. We've got about four to six footers right now, that's about as big as they can get.

I will post more when I get back.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
25, wow that's quite a few. I have been through three hurricanes and quite a few tropical storms. I loved it when they would come through as long as they weren't too strong. I used to love the surfing conditions in the few days leading up to the storm. Now I am back in Michigan where it is currently hot dry and drought striken. Good luck to you and your family and be carefull in the water.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Back from the beach. Lots of rain, 30 gusting to 40 tops. Hurricane has made landfall south of here. No big deal here, really. Chetumal's getting it a little worse.

new topics

top topics

join