It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Farmer Discovers Mysterious Crop Circles in Wheat Field

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
reply to post by miniatus

while the more recent ones last, and this century have been far more complex.

yea thanks to the fact we are now capable of viewing from the air

seriously people say these complex ones..just becasue you don't understand how its made doesn't make its impossible.
there is nothing complex about crop circles that the human mind cant make up...common sense

Also people over look the fact we have artist the make all kinds or sophisticated drawing/paintings

and use Google search an search "illusion pics" seriously you guys think waaay to much outside the box

edit on 2-8-2012 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I'm a little iffy of that site.. I would be interested in other legitimate sources.. the first report I'm aware of was in 1686 but even the person who saw it said it could have just been air flows from the sky .. so I doubt it was anything elaborate or interesting .. just an oddity with a potential easy explanation..

The second was in the 1880s where John Rand saw them but said they were caused by a storm that created circular flattened areas in the field..

Then in the 1960s the first report of what we know as crop circles that were attributed to ufos .. and was most likely man made .. then in the the 70s they started appearing frequently ...

Point is, the early phenomena appears to be just oddities, and there were only a couple... they weren't these elaborate patterns .. and those who saw them attributed it to weather.. not something you'd do if they were these elaborate designs.
edit on 8/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

There are a number of things that bother me about you theory;

1. You say so yourself; "it could have just been blabla" according to the person who first reported one. Without a birds view I'm sure many would have found it strange, but nothing more. To me, that would be a good reason to not simply assume they just never existed before, perhaps they did, but went mostly unnoticed.

2. This one goes together with 1; Very large farmland with nothing but one specific crop are a rather 'recent' thing, sure there was mass production in the past, but not on a scale as we know today. The latter obviously opening up possibilities that were not there hundreds of years ago. A whole lot of small fields makes a huge difference with a number of really large fields.

3. Your being convinced that they are all man made. How do you know this? Did an ET contact you to tell you they never made one? It's impossible for you or me to know.

Let me add that I am a skeptic too, however, dismissing every single one is plain stupid, especially if you're someone who frequents ATS, denying ignorance and all you know... NOBODY knows for sure, not even the people who fake them because they would have had to have made them all to know.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3xil3

seriously people say these complex ones..just becasue you don't understand how its made doesn't make its impossible.
these is nothing complex about crop circles that the human mind cant make up...common sense

Also people over look the fact we have artist the make all kinds or sophisticated drawing/paintings

and use Google search an search "illusion pics" seriously you guys think waaay to much outside the box

Please answer this. Where are the "Footprints"?

www.bltresearch.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

there is nothing complex about crop circles that the human mind cant make up...common sense

Thanks for clearing this all up. Crop Circle mystery solved!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

these is nothing complex about crop circles that the human mind cant make up...common sense

Please answer this. Where are the "Footprints"?

www.bltresearch.com...

don't you find it odd that all the circles are stepping distance from on another?

I dont have an answer for you on why no footprints

does that make it impossible hell NO

did you over look what i said

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

If you read the report in full, it's states that there are NO footprints in the field whatever. The circles where quite away into the field, yet there are no approach footprints at all. If those circles where "Man Made" then the person or persons who made them had to have been floating in the air above the field.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by 3xil3

If you read the report in full, it's states that there are NO footprints in the field whatever. The circles where quite away into the field, yet there are no approach footprints at all.

where are the pics showing this?
just like reports of no footprints to crop circles then they show pic like this

there is no mystery

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by 3xil3

If you read the report in full, it's states that there are NO footprints in the field whatever. The circles where quite away into the field, yet there are no approach footprints at all.

where are the pics showing this?
just like reports of no footprints to crop circles then they show pic like this

there is no mystery

Yes.

Thank's to you're impeccable credential's, logic and humble reasoning skills on this matter.
I stand in you're shadow.

Messin with ya Bro, no offense intended. Just having fun.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
One thing I never quite understood is why people think it is aliens who do this. If we look beyond the question of whether aliens are visiting or not and, just for the sake of argument, assume aliens are visiting - we must assume that these aliens have technology beyond what we currently understand. They would have to have this super advanced technology just to get here. They would also need this super advanced technology to even know that the Earth is inhabited by "intelligent" beings. After all - if you piled up all of the sand on the planet in one pile, Earth would be one atom in that pile of sand as compared to the infinite vastness of the universe. So just detecting us would be an outstanding accomplishment. Then the technology to travel dozens or even hundreds of light years to get here is beyond what we currently comprehend. According to the special theory of relativity, a particle that has mass would require infinite energy to travel at the speed of light - essentially rendering "warp speed" impossible...according to our current understanding. So the aliens would have to have the knowledge and capability to do things that are impossible to our current understanding.

Having said all of that, the aliens - with their vastly superior (almost God-like) knowledge and technology can find no better way to communicate with humanity than by tagging our wheat fields with graffiti? I mean, surely they must be intelligent enough to know that most of the more intelligent among us would not believe it was aliens doing it. And if they are truly trying to leave us messages or warnings or whatever, why don't they just land very publicly and give us the message directly? With the super duper advanced technology they have we couldn't be any more of a threat to them then an ant would be to us.

Seriously. This may come across as somewhat mocking, but why would they leave us a message in such a primitive way with the kind of technology that they must have? You can make a "perfect" circle with a rope and someone standing in the center holding the rope - even ancient humans had the ability to do this. So why wouldn't they contact us in an indisputable way?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes.

Thank's to you're impeccable credential's, logic and humble reasoning skills on this matter.
I stand in you're shadow.

Messin with ya Bro, no offense intended. Just having fun.

Its OK
everyone entitled to own opinion

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
So the aliens would have to have the knowledge and capability to do things that are impossible to our current understanding.

"Impossible to our current understanding"

You may have partially answered you're own question assuming some of these Circles are of extraterrrestrial origin.
IMO any species with the ability to traverse the cosmos would be so far beyond us as to be nearly incomprehenible in their actions, and motives. Much like an insect goes about its life not comprehending our actions or motives or possibly not even realizing our existence maybe we simply cant comprehend a species using any form to communicate with us other than our limited worldview and experiences allows.

Or maybe these extraterrestrials have literally no desire to make themselves or their motives known to us, anymore so than we would bend down to attempt communication with an insect.

Possibly the gap between our knowledge base and theirs limits both our abilities to have any meaningfull dialogue or even a common ground as a basis for dialogue and understanding.

Or maybe the crop circles are used as way to reach us on a spiritual level, to "lift us up" so to speak.

Ultimately IMO, assuming there are extraterrestrials visiting this planet, to attempt to assign motives to their actions based on our understanding of potential motives may be simply a mild form of hubris.
edit on 2-8-2012 by crawdad1914 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I saw this yesterday and it caught my attention because I live in Washington, and, well, nothing ever happens in Washington.

Quoting an article I read here, "These aren’t the first crop circles that have appeared in Lincoln County. Every year or so, a new set has appeared in one of the wheat fields, KHQ reported."

These are the best pictures I could find.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
reply to post by 3xil3

Hello, would you like to elaborate more?

He's right ... they didn't appear in history.. they appeared one day out of the blue and a couple of guys admitted to making them, then suddenly they start "cropping" up all over right after? ... it's a copycat thing.. and there are even companies out there that do it professionally .. as well as many many groups who do it for the fun of it .. there's a group here near where I live that do it.. and they've gotten it down to a science, they can be in and out quickly

The only way it could be alien is if they were watching the first guys who did it and thought "Woah cool.. we should totally do this!"

It's an interesting form of graffiti though I don't care for it because it's destructive to crops.. it costs money for those farmers

not in history? ever hear of the Nazca lines

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Obviously some are man made, but not all. I'm sure the hoaxers didn't deliberately spread radiation in the crop circles though the legit ones have a higher degree of radiation:

But the presence of the short-lived radionuclides is surprising. To understand why, the reader should consider their halflives (see Table 1.) "Half-life" refers to the amount of time it takes for half of a given amount of an element to decay into some other substance. For example, it would take 17.4 days for half of a given amount of protactinium-230 to decay. After twice that time, only 25% of the original amount would be left, and so on. Therefore, any amount of protactinium-230 will diminish to undetectable levels in a matter of weeks. By contrast, naturally occurring uranium-238 has a half-life of over four and a half billion years. It thus can be naturally occurring whereas Pa-230 cannot be. Should scientists want to study short-lived isotopes, they must synthesize them in cyclotrons or experimental nuclear reactors; they can't just refine them from soil or ores. Finding them in apparently ordinary soil from rural England is almost as surprising as finding cut diamonds would be. It is radically out of line with normal expectations.

execonn.com...

and then there are the stalk bends:

In real crop circle formations the stems are not broken but are bent at 90° angles about an inch off the ground, at the plant's first node. The plants are subjected to a short and intense burst of heat or energy that softens the stems or stalks allowing them to be folded over onto the ground at a 90° angle. When the stems or stalks re-harden into their new position, the plants and crop are not damaged and continue to grow. This is the method used to identify a real crop circle formation (agriglyph). The canola oil plant has a structure like celery. If the stalk is bent more than about 45°, the stalk will break. When crop circles are found in canola fields, the stalks are bent 90°. Research and laboratory tests suggest that microwave or ultrasound may be the only method capable of producing this effect, but plant biologists are still baffled by this phenomenon.

Aliens? Maybe, maybe not, but certainly it is more than just a team of people with planks.

In the field of Crop Circle Plant Analysis and Research (radioactivity measurements, spectrographic analysis, magnetometer readings, microscopic inspection, cellular plant experiments, weighing, photographing, etc.): High-pressure infrasound is capable of boiling water inside plant stems in one nanosecond, causing the water to steam, and leaving tiny blowholes in the plants’ nodes. Research and laboratory tests prove that infrasound (less than 20 Hz) is capable of producing such an effect. This process creates surface charring along the stems. Microwave radiation (high frequency electromagnetic waves) is also believed to be how the stalks are bent and the plant's nodes are swollen.

Farmers have reported that when they find a new crop circle, they have seen steam rising into the air from within the design. Crop circles also show the possible existence of ultrasound also. Several people have reported hearing a trilling sound prior to witnessing crop circles forming. They also report a total stillness in the air (no wind) and total quiet. This trilling sound was captured on magnetic tape and analyzed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab as being mechanical in nature with a frequency of 5.2kHz.

cropcirclefacts.com...
edit on 2-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
nvrmind i miss read somthing
edit on 3-8-2012 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Crop circles started becoming man made only once they became popular. They are not all man made, but some are.

Crop circles have been documented since 1678 - back then they said the "Devil" caused them. "The mowing Devil".

www.unmuseum.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MorganAlice

I saw this yesterday and it caught my attention because I live in Washington, and, well, nothing ever happens in Washington.

I feel the same way. I am almost tempted to drive out there but nah. Attention aliens, please position crop circles near Seattle in the future. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
reply to post by 3xil3

Hello, would you like to elaborate more?

He's right ... they didn't appear in history.. they appeared one day out of the blue and a couple of guys admitted to making them, then suddenly they start "cropping" up all over right after? ... it's a copycat thing.. and there are even companies out there that do it professionally .. as well as many many groups who do it for the fun of it .. there's a group here near where I live that do it.. and they've gotten it down to a science, they can be in and out quickly

The only way it could be alien is if they were watching the first guys who did it and thought "Woah cool.. we should totally do this!"

It's an interesting form of graffiti though I don't care for it because it's destructive to crops.. it costs money for those farmers

Crop Circles have been reported since early in the 20th century, long before Doug and the other dude we're born.

Actually they have been reported since the 17th century:
www.world-mysteries.com...

"The most well known positive depiction of a crop circle is found in a woodcut made in 1678 with the title 'Strange News out of Hartford-shire’.
It depicts a devil-like creature cutting out a pattern in a crop with a scythe.
The woodcut has text, which told of a greedy farmer, who, having refused to pay a mower a reasonable rate for reaping his oats, swore that he would rather have the Devil do the work. The very following morning, the farmer awoke to find his crop had been harvested, but done so in such an amazing manner, with rounded circles of incredible exactness that no human could have done the same within the period and darkness of one night. The farmer was so afraid that he could not enter the field to collect his harvest".

No doubt some of these are man made, but many are of a complexity that it would be impossible for a team to accomplish in a few hours by conventional means.

And testing on the wheat stalks of some of these "circles" has had surprising results.

Aliens, Gaia, who knows?

It's funny after 200+ claimed years of crop circles, only since the mid to late 80's they have become complex. That shift happened after two men admitted to creating circles themselves. Coincidence, or did the "aliens" all of a sudden become super creative and artistic after the 80's? Where are all the reports or photos of complex circles in the 70's and earlier?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

It's funny after 200+ claimed years of crop circles, only since the mid to late 80's they have become complex. That shift happened after two men admitted to creating circles themselves. Coincidence, or did the "aliens" all of a sudden become super creative and artistic after the 80's? Where are all the reports or photos of complex circles in the 70's and earlier?

Perhaps they have gotten more complex because consciousness has gotten more complex. Why would they leave complex messages for people that weren't equipped to perceive what they were trying to say? Computers are a very good external example of the huge leaps in consciousness-just think about what computers were like 200 years ago (non-existent), in the 70's (big as a room) and what they are like today (able to be carried around in your pocket.) Of course the messages have gotten more complex. Duh!

edit on 4-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

So with your logic of crop circles, "they" created simple circles for over 200 years to just say "Hey we're here!". And of course, there hasn't been any outwardly viewable technological advances before the 80's. So fast forward now to the 80s, and they've bumped up this communication since we now we must have a clearer understanding because of computers and the latest discovery of geometric shapes

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join