It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Great news.

But I must warn those who are going to attempt to test this new policy.

Attempting to obfuscate or argue this policy will not work. I for one am VERY glad that this is the new policy and this will in time, bring the 911 forum back to where it should be, instead of what it turned into.

The 911 forum is now a zero tolerance forum for T&C infractions.

Zero...

~Tenth

Whoooohooo I can post and read without personal attacks now....Good stuff
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CannotGoHome

Anyone who violates the rules as laid out in the opening post of this thread will be banned.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Anyone who violates the rules as laid out in the opening post of this thread will be banned.

Thanks for your reply. I`m really not trying to be difficult here, I applaud fair play.
Does your quote mean that the slate is wiped clean ? and from now on any violation is a ban.
Or are the Pilots already banned but dave is ok ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

When I saw the forum closed with the image stating that pilots for truth were the offenders. I guess their side of the debate is not allowed.

The message was the following:

People associated with "Pilots for 9/11 Truth" have been engaging in an organized "trolling" of our 9/11 Conspiracies Forum, making a mockery of those concerned for the truth;

I fail to see how that indicated that they were being silenced for their views. They were, not the only reason for the actions now being taken. A 911 overhaul was LONG overdue already and this is just the situation that led to that path quicker.

You guess wrong. It had nothing to do with the information they presented, it's the way in which they interacted with our membership. They violated the T&C and then laughed as us among other things when caught and banned for it.

Admirable but so hard to draw the line.

How so? Are we not all capable of discerning insults from civil discussion? I don't think it's difficult at all.

That is good news, I hate to point fingers (please allow me one before the banning comes into force)
This is a serious question and i`m sure some members might be wondering, does this mean that goodoldave and hooper and others will also be given their marching orders ?

Again, as has been stated many times over the course of this thread.

ANY ammount of insults, attacks, ad-hominems or even anything that deemed by staff to be disruptive as opposed to cooperative will be met with an automatic account ban.

We have asked nicely for people to follow the T&C in regards to this forum.

Mostly those requests have gone un-noticed or have been flat our ignored. Those who try and call our "bluff" will be shown the door.

~Tenth
edit on 8/2/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I expect this to be enforced on both "sides".

Honestly, the "shill" issue is less of a problem, and it's more of a problem that people generally "act smug" and place their opponents in derogatory subjects to be mocked.

I agree, mockery was always rampant in the 9/11 forum. For example an counterargument was often made in conjunction with a derogatory mockery. Without directly attacking the other poster, the other poster is grouped with people who believe in holograms, space beams, loathe logic etc..

If this kind of ridicule is combined with a mocking avatar, like for example one which has the words "aw, Jeez, not this crap again!" on it, the mocked poster often became angry and lost his calm. Name calling and the banhammer followed. I hope such backstabbing mockery will be equally treated as direct insults like shill and disinfo agent.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Drunkenshrew because: grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thank God!!!!

I for one welcome stricter rules regarding the 9/11 forum. I posted a couple times in there in the last year or so and I refused to do so again (until this of course) because of the constant name calling, insults and accusations being thrown around in there.

Perhaps we can get back to civil discourse in the 9/11 forums again? One can hope!

Great job SO and ATS Staff

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

one which has the words "aw, Jeez, not this crap again!" on it,

man that made me laugh..

But to be fair they shut down his thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hi tothetenthpower
your lengthy explanation is appreciated.
I never realized the depth and apparent underhand things going on under our noses, but as I said I`m not a regular poster, just a very concerned citizen.
Obviously I have not understood the level of deception of strike and counter strike between the 2 main parties on the forum, but even so, as a fairly casual visitor the thing that has stood out by a mile in the last few months is the ganging up and total dominance by the OS hard liners. This is unbelievable to me. Normally people get their teeth into a topic and it can run for a while, some people become overtaken with a desire to study a topic, that`s ok with me. But it`s these guys who seem to have no other reason to exist other than to frequent the board in unison and constantly put down any attempt at debate, any new thread is attacked. You know what i`m talking about. Some of these defenders have been here daily for yrs now, this is beyond an obsession.

Perhaps I am a bit biased against the governments, we all have reason for that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

And we fully understand the concern of skeptics and believers alike.

We won't tolerate it from either side anymore.

Let the forum and it's members be placed on notice.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by eagleeye2

How can a move that prevents insults, serial spamming and stupidity be detrimental to a subject and bad for ATS?

Because it always been the same since I first post in 2007.

Always been one weight, two measures.

But I'll take your word for it... for now.
If your telling me serial spam will be forbid its clearly a good thing but prepare yourself to get a few more reports or maybe recruit mods if you want these measure to be enforced BOTH ways.

-Could you tell me the ATS definition of serial spamming just to be sure?
-Does posting 160 post over 3 days on the same subject without bringing any more substance is considered serial spamming ?
-Does old threads are subject to this measure?
-Can I report serial spamming ?
edit on 2-8-2012 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
-Does posting 160 post over 3 days on the same subject without bringing any more substance is considered serial spamming ?

I could probably answer these.

- If the 160 posts are filled with content and no rule-breaking spam, then they are not spamming.

- Old threads are not subject to the new measure. It was covered earlier in the thread.

- You can report it if you see it. The mods will use their discretion on the matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

-Could you tell me the ATS definition of serial spamming just to be sure?

I think we all know what spamming is.

You're idea of substance may differ from another's. No, that is not spamming. Spamming entails posting the same thing, over and over again, usually in order to attain a certain post count or to hawk your junk on ATS.

No, that would not be fair.

Yes you may, but you may be told that what you think is spamming is not doing so according to the staff's definition.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I would call that not knowing when to walk away and live your life and not take things "that" seriously.

Its great to debate but its also good to use your own "filter" as to not get so worked up you start slinging the mud and losing your head.
Its the internet...what can I say?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I could probably answer these. - If the 160 posts are filled with content and no rule-breaking spam, then they are not spamming. - Old threads are not subject to the new measure. It was covered earlier in the thread. - You can report it if you see it. The mods will use their discretion on the matter.

How long you been representing the mods?

Don't get mad- I just couldn't resist.

You are not a shill, you are not a shill, you are not a shill... How many times do you think i need to say that before it comes true?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

You are not a shill, you are not a shill, you are not a shill... How many times do you think i need to say that before it comes true?

Just trying to help. No offense intended.

I'm not here to joke. I have reddit for that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Just trying to help. No offense intended.

I'm not here to joke. I have reddit for that.

Maybe if we joked more everything would be okay..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by intrptr

Speaking for myself? Yes, I would consider that a violation. If you've reached that point, you need to think about taking a break from the forum.

Before I did anything, I'd ask for opinions from fellow staff, but yeah, I'd call that just a tad rude.

Thanks for the reply. I did take a break... here is my next to last reply there before you guys stepped in.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Personally, nowadays I am trying to expose the real lies of 911 (excuse for Empire building) where the US used this event to foment war all around the Middle East. How many countries have we invaded for that and who's next? Thats my concern, not how "the buildings were made to fall". I'm giving this issue a rest already.

Emphasis added. That was just before the forum was suspended for review. I had stopped posting there for a while because of frustration with what I saw as childish behavior. I am not blameless either, but also glad steps were taken.

Sorry about the pic. I shouldn't have to use that in the future.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Nothing soothes this poor old mod's frazzled nerves than some well placed humour. The danger in that, though, is when it borders on mocking or is not timed all that well.

Think about situations such as walking into a bar full of bikers and ridiculing their Harleys and leathers. The first joke might be accepted with a few grins and laughs, the next could see a few faces begin to darken here and there and a third... well...

*changes subject*

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

On this day, ATS Members (with the support of staff), take back the 9/11 Conspiracies forum from the despicable sensationalist equivocators who have usurped these topics in the name of gratuitous squabbling and attention-seeking chicanery. These topics have become so irreparably polluted with the flotsam of escalating one upmanship and repugnant language that no thinking person dare consider participation.

I had to translate that in Greek.Not something that happens very often.

All fun aside.I rarely visit the 9/11 forum,but i can tell from some thread titles,that it must be crazy in there.
Thanks for the update.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Nothing soothes this poor old mod's frazzled nerves than some well placed humour. The danger in that, though, is when it borders on mocking or is not timed all that well.

Think about situations such as walking into a bar full of bikers and ridiculing their Harleys and leathers. The first joke might be accepted with a few grins and laughs, the next could see a few faces begin to darken here and there and a third... well...

*changes subject*

I'm don't believe the official story. And a few members here had a discussion about who am i shilling for.

Some people call themselves [sinister secret agents with a mission to take over the world] I think it's pretty funny.

The way I see it is very simple- none of the members here know me and i don't know them. even though nearly every thread ends with a screaming match, I still learn something from people on both sides. In my opinion if you can't take personal attacks from members who you don't even know- maybe you shouldn't participate.

Everybody understands that this issue will probably never be uncovered, and when people don't have anymore answers they turn to insults.

people tried to somehow get the debates under control, but it never happens. I started a thread with the intention of finding some middle ground but as usual it turned into a nuthouse.

Well anyway- this is your house and I'm just visiting.
edit on 2-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join