It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Is The BlackPeopleMeet.com Commercials Racist?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by paradox

Lending to a poor white person over a rich black person is going to make a bank more profit?

It's not so much the income...it's the responsibility that the demographic percentages show.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

Thank god we don't have a white sharpton

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No it is not racist. It's narrowing down a demographic, simple marketing...It's just a website where Blacks can find other Blacks, not an anti-white movement.

Whitepeoplemeet.com
Gaypeoplemeet.com
Idiotsmeet.com
Blackpeoplemeet.com

And what if it really does have a racist agenda? Its not hurting anyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Poor white people are at a higher risk and would make no sense to loan to over a rich black person.

With your logic they should have lend to anyone that is poor because it means risk...but that isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist. Its just like Jdate, etc. Im sure you could find one for any particular race. Heres the thing, these websites are primarily targeted to people living in societies that are majority white. In America the majority of the population is white. Therefore you don't need a whitepeoplemeet.com because the majority of active users on popular dating sites like okcupid or plentyoffish will be white. Kind of how like BET was created because minorities are not well represented in mainstream television. But I did see a comment on this thread of someone who found a website exclusively for white people, so there you go.

But ignoring that different races exist is just stupid, lol. Thats just another way to keep racism alive, being colorblind does not work. You can pretend you don't see the differences that are right in front of your face, but you do. Ignoring racial differences will stop the discussion of inequality and racial discrimination and it would be taking a huge step in the wrong direction.
edit on 1-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Cha Ching! I'm seeing dollar signs and potential love!

I don't find this racist, what I find annoying is that if there were a whitepeoplemeet.com there would be an uproar.

My bet is that it would actually be more difficult for a black person to find someone of the same race as there are fewer numbers. I dunno. Really doesn't bother me at all that this site exists. Sort of how I don't think heterosexual or Christian sites are automatically anti gay, or gay sites are automatically anti breeder (is that the disparaging term?). Meh I say, MEH!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Poor white people are at a higher risk and would make no sense to loan to over a rich black person.

"Poor" is your word. No where in your link does it say "poor." It says lower income. If the demographics show that white people are more responsible at money management than blacks, then that is what it shows and that is what they stick to. Lower income does not mean they will not pay back the money.

With your logic they should have lend to anyone that is poor because it means risk...but that isn't the case.

It's not "my logic." It's the truth (and by truth, I mean the truth of how the banks look at it), and it's the same thing for car insurance as I mentioned earlier. Take it or leave it, but don't go crying racism over everything.

When close to 1/3 of the country's welfare isn't being used by a 12% minority, then there will be change. Not to mention the disturbing FBI statistics on African American crime....

The data shows blacks being a higher risk.

Crime Rates

* Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
* Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
* The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

* Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
* Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
* Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
* Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

* Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
* Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

* Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
* Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

Arrest data: FBI, Crime in the United States, 2001

FBI, Crime in the United States, 2002
edit on 8-2-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The reason why some people think that this dating service is racist is because of the word "black".

The only reason "black" is used is because black people have lost their culture.

Their culture was stolen, taken away, banished, and destroyed when they became slaves in the US.

Where as "white" people still have their ethnic backgrounds to fall back on.

Irish, English, Spanish, Italian, French, German etc..

In the US. Black people are just "black".

And it wasn't their choice.

Hell, "black" people have white last names.

Who's fault is that?

Sure as hell wasn't theirs.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Cha Ching! I'm seeing dollar signs and potential love!

I don't find this racist, what I find annoying is that if there were a whitepeoplemeet.com there would be an uproar.

My bet is that it would actually be more difficult for a black person to find someone of the same race as there are fewer numbers. I dunno. Really doesn't bother me at all that this site exists. Sort of how I don't think heterosexual or Christian sites are automatically anti gay, or gay sites are automatically anti breeder (is that the disparaging term?). Meh I say, MEH!

Heres one for you, White dating site
And another white dating site
edit on 2-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Kind of racist, since we took away segregation what happened was people gave them just enough rope to hang themselves. Tell someone they can't do something and they will want to do it, the united states told people that segregation was no longer legal. So what do they do? Segregate!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

There is a white people meet

www.whitepeopledate.com...

A Place Where Love and Race are Related

Tiger Woods, Quincy Jones , Seal, Ice-T, Reggie Bush and Cuba Godding Jr are stealing your white women. Halle Berry ,Iman, Paula Patton, and Garcelle Beauvais are stealing your white men.

edit on 1-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Actually this is a very subtle way of saying "black stay on black, white stay on white - not this mixing stuff we're seeing a lot of"...

I think its kinda clever... when everyone thinks its racist, this is actually to avoid race mixing with a touch of inverse psychology - we give blacks their own "everything" - their music, their discos, their colleges, their own special site when they can meet each other - everything to make them happy and while this can be seen as a good thing, we're actually saying "I'll give you everything, just stay the fk out of my lawn".

Why do you think everything black is legal and everything white is racist? Black agenda? No... quite the opposite - since segregating them by REMOVING them rights didnt work, hell I'm sure that segregating them GIVING them their own little playground so they "can have one too" will work - anything to keep them away but happy for being away.

Its a clear case of glass half-empty or glass half-full... if they think their glass is half empty, will be riots and chaos... but if they think their glass is half full they'll be happy, when its exactly the same, only with a positive look!

This is pretty ingenious, gotta admit!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Only in America....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

There is a white people meet

www.whitepeopledate.com...

A Place Where Love and Race are Related

Tiger Woods, Quincy Jones , Seal, Ice-T, Reggie Bush and Cuba Godding Jr are stealing your white women. Halle Berry ,Iman, Paula Patton, and Garcelle Beauvais are stealing your white men.

edit on 1-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Oh. Well then. No outrage? Then lets make all the weird dating sites we can!

lennykravitzlove.com for all you sexy single black jews

fatchicks4u.com I think the title explains the site details

conspiracyboink.com for all those crazy conspiracy cavorters

idontknowwhyikeeptyping.com so I can find my soul mate

ifeltlike5wouldbebettervisuallybutcouldntthinkofafifth.com for I stopped caring

edit on 2-8-2012 by Domo1 because: change conspiracyoink to conspiracyboink LOL

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm a member of abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com

It's a dating site for people who can't spell

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

no wai! Me 2! DO u liek lng wlks on the bch 2? ZOMG mb u + me =
if ur a grl IRL.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

The overwhelming majority of black people who commit those crimes are poor inner-city black people. Poor white people have the same problems if they live in the inner-city. To not loan to a black person just because of their race is racist..if they have the good credit, income, and even down payments. Loaning to a poor white person would more of a risk in that case.

When close to 1/3 of the country's welfare isn't being used by a 12% minority, then there will be change.

And? If you are middle class or rich and black you cannot be on welfare. It is impossible to be unless you are committing fraud. That statistic is not relevant to non-poverty level minorities. It would be like saying white females are the largest recipients of welfare so don't loan to them. If they aren't on welfare then the statistic is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That must make both of us dirty, filthy spellists!

DOWN WITH SPELLISTS!!! THEY ARE SCUM!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
if ur a grl IRL.

Nah, sorry mate but I'm a bloke

I am flattered though

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I guess the points went way over your head.

Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join