It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drury lane Theatre Royal, London paranormal investigation. (lots of video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Yes so many theorys, I never doubt that people see and hear paranormal things but honestly could never say if i thought they were spirits or memories, parallel timelines etc.

Again I have listened to the EVP I even tried messing around with it in Audacity and I am still stumped that last part i get , home or alone or cold ? Lol I don't know. If you could msg me what you thought it is then that would be great, and you can still keep it secret for the rest who haven't listened to it yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
yeah and determining the difference is something we are nowhere near to doing..
We believe these people to be dead.. but are they really?
After all, it's only the physical body that is missing.. does not mean these people have ceased to exist..
Or is it something from a parallel or multiverse.. or dimension etc..

One day we will have the tech and the knowledge to work all that out, but for now we can olny collect evidence and hope we get something that guides us or helps in some manner towards the goal..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

are you listening to the vid or the cleared up sound file?
not the best at cleaning sound but i gave it a try..

it's here;

soundcloud.com...

If anyone can clean up the original better than i can then please step in and help ..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Listening to the girl EVP, it almost sounds like "Where am I?". The impression I get is that she's lost and confused.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonotar

In a way, you're correct about her being 'lost'
But that's not what she's saying..

There is a certain amount of loneliness and hopefulness in what she does say..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks a lot Extralien for this thread!
lots of evidence!

I have downloaded the girl sound, then tried to play with it on Audacity (note: I am a complete white belt at Audacity, I just tried).
On my machine, the results ar not so bad.
First, I have tried and removed the bass background sound, and cropped a bit the beginning (don't really know how I did that part).
soundcloud.com...

Then I tried to remove again some background noise:
soundcloud.com...

On the second file, it seems that the manipulation completely lost what the girl first says. But her second sentence sounds clearer to me.

Does it help anyone?

I'll try and continue playing with Audacity.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Originally posted by Thunda
Great thread- very interesting.

The older, Scottish lady in the 'Drury Odd Voice clip' quite clearly says "It was mine". The sound before just sounds like a moan or a "Uh"

I live in Dundee, Scotland- one of the strongest Scottish dialects, and it sounds local to this area or Fife.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

WOW!!!
Thx for that..
I wonder if we can possibly trace her.. I'd place her in her 60's maybe a bit older.. definitely ready to take on the world.. got a bit of a gripe on..

Superb ear.. congrats.

This is my first post in a topic other than my intro. Thanks for this evidence. I must be honest, I got the Scottish EVP straight away (although I heard 'no, it was mine') and the young girl on the cleaned sound cloud version. I can see what you mean, as I have a daughter that's a little younger than the EVP Girl sounds and would hate to hear her say that in the same way.

I'm drawing a blank on the others though! Cannot hear a thing!

P.S I'm in Suffolk and if you ever do an investigation around here I would love to get involved!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KarmaComa

cannot access the two files..
Have you set them to public or private?

Hope you can sort it. Am interested to see how you'vedone.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by issysdad

Thanks for joining the thread

What did you hear the young girl saying..

I'll tell you if you're right and you might be the first on the thread to get it

Nice to get people involved in analyzing EVP's. It's all good practice.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
According to one of our little bit of research sessions, we have come up with this;

young girls used to sell snacks such as fruits and nuts to the audience. They also had children doing work behind the scenes, but the girl seems to be so young, so I wonder if she might be the daughter of one of the staff

Still does not explain how this girl may have dies, but it might be that she loved the place (and the job) so much that she returned in spirit as a child after living a longer life into adulthood.. we may never know...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

my bad, the files were indeed private, I have reuploaded them public:
soundcloud.com...

soundcloud.com...

note: I have amplified the sound, but you may want to adjust your sound setting, probably to high volume.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Thanks for joining the thread

What did you hear the young girl saying..

I'll tell you if you're right and you might be the first on the thread to get it

Nice to get people involved in analyzing EVP's. It's all good practice.

I heard 'I want my daddy'

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Some good stuff here, but my biggest complaint about all of the research done in this area is that you researchers always have a room full of people moving around, whispering, adjusting instruments, and whatever, which makes hearing the EVPs so difficult that it's just not worth the effort. Not to mention that any sceptic is going to accuse you of fraud or mistaking one of the living person's voices as that of the dead, no matter how much you insist otherwise.

Why is it that none of you investigators don't just leave a couple of EVP recorders, night vision cameras and other instruments running overnight by themselves, with no outside interference? That just baffles me. Think about how much clearer these EVPs would have been! Please try it this way and see what you get!

Think about it - ghosts are supposedly interacting with the actors on that stage without being prodded in any way. In fact, when actors are in the middle of a performance, ghosts are the last things on their minds. What makes you think that ghosts need you to harass them in order to get the evidence that you're looking for?

It's my belief that the ghosts don't hear or see you any more than you hear or see them, and that the EVPs are just conversations going on in their dimension, and not answers to your questions. That's why most of the "replies" are nonsensical statements.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KarmaComa

really nice effort.. but to me they both sound too muffled..
I can still hear her, but not as clear.
It's like listening to someone talking when you got your head under water in the bath

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Okay, here's my next go...with headphones, is it something like "I'm dying Mummy" ? My daughter listened as well and thinks it's almost like she's singing it like a nursery rhyme, like she replaced the words to something she knows?

Not sure though...Oooh you're really bad for keeping us all in suspense as to what you think is said

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Jus tbeen talking to a team member and we were discussing the scottish woman.
We wondered what we were all talking about as we walked backstage, But I could not remember if we really said anything...
So I grabbed the original vid file and had a look..
Two things that stood out,
First I remembered that I randomly decided to do a shoot as we walked through so the actual vid is only 34 seconds long.. and secondly, we hardly said a word...

There is something else said after the woman, but I think that is one of the team or crew..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Pause the video at 0.16.......

Looks a bit spooky.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

I understand what you're saying.. and contamination is a big factor that we do try to consider..

I mentioned in a post earlier that without having a video camera pointed at every persons face 100% of the time, we can never guarantee that what we caught as an evp was not one of us.. but that said, we do try to ensure that what we do find is not one of us.

This is why we leave gaps between questions. Some questions we use in order to provoke a response..
A lot of it is common sense and repeated methods.
And yes we do leave vid cameras and digi recorders alone, running in rooms/areas all night but just as much as we may get nothing as a team, we may also get nothing from methods such as that too.

Ian always says it's like fishing.. you could have the best gear, the best bait and still not catch a fish.. yet the next day your bait could be off, your gear battered and you cant stop landing fish..

Remember this is not an exact science. Paranormal investigations are still, IMO, maturing.. I'd say we're nearly in our teenage years as to our level of understanding and to the tech equipment we have.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ooohh.. getting warmer..
close but not close enough

nice effort..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by issysdad
Pause the video at 0.16.......

Looks a bit spooky.

WOW!!!!

well spotted.. brilliant catch there..

Have forwarded your find to a team member now..we both looking..
it does kinda look like the upper torso of someone and a slight glimpse of a neck...

False alarm.. it's pareidolia/matrixing..
If you move the video forwards really slowly by hand, you will see it is the scenery in the background..
But there is a bit of a mist there that could be pixelation
edit on 29-7-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join