It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drury lane Theatre Royal, London paranormal investigation. (lots of video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I do have interest in this thread I just have to wait until I get a chance to view the videos and listen to them. Most times when I'm on ATS I'm in circumstances where I can't have the audio on or watch a video clip for various reasons, like having kids around, or being on late at night reading IPad in bed and not wanting to disturb my husband...that sort of thing. Lol...also i know better than to ever listen to EVP's late at night in the dark, i will not sleep a wink that night! But this thread does indeed look very well done.

I know from comments on other threads where videos are posted that a lot of ATS members visit this site while at work and therefore can't view videos. So that may be another reason why the response is low. Anyway, just wanted to drop out of lurkdom to congratulate you on a well presented thread and to encourage you not to think there's a lack of interest.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Great thread- very interesting.

The older, Scottish lady in the 'Drury Odd Voice clip' quite clearly says "It was mine". The sound before just sounds like a moan or a "Uh"

I live in Dundee, Scotland- one of the strongest Scottish dialects, and it sounds local to this area or Fife.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thank you.
Enjoyed reading your post

Nothing to worry about in any of the vids here. There's no creepy monster suddenly going to pop out and scare the behind off a stone golem..

None of the EVP's are the type to give you nightmares either.. except one, but that's not exactly scary, it's more heartfelt than anything else.

I am glad that this is seeing the light of day, I know people are watching this thread due to video count. That's great and hope it continues.

Sometimes though there's things you post to get the point across.. which leads to the discussion of other things in relation.
For example, in the first video where we see Barri going all weak at the knees (bless him) there is another perspective of that moment. Although it does not reveal anything visual, it does offer some whispering voices that we are positive are not ours or the TV crews..
TV crews don't whisper when rolling.. it's not done.. We don't whisper so as not to contaminate any evidence, yet there is stuff being said that we cannot make out.
There is something said at 1.27 just before a spike on the K2..
Around the 5.30 - 5.45 mark, you can clearly hear Barri is a bit dazed and got a little confused.. But in the background there is some extremely faint noises.. and I mean faint.. very hard to detect, but to me it sounds like a rabble of people doing a performance or a song or something boisturous like that.. again, remember it is so faint i could barely hearit on VLC at 100% vol.
Sometimes there's good reason not to post evidence, but this sequence shows what happened at this time.

Can anyone else pick up on any more??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Great thread- very interesting.

The older, Scottish lady in the 'Drury Odd Voice clip' quite clearly says "It was mine". The sound before just sounds like a moan or a "Uh"

I live in Dundee, Scotland- one of the strongest Scottish dialects, and it sounds local to this area or Fife.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

WOW!!!
Thx for that..
I wonder if we can possibly trace her.. I'd place her in her 60's maybe a bit older.. definitely ready to take on the world.. got a bit of a gripe on..

Superb ear.. congrats.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Yes, I would say in her 60's. I wonder what she is refering to when shes says "it was mine"?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

I was asking myself the same thing just a few minutes ago.. We hardly said a word as we walked backstage so the conversation would not have been that specific about anything...

My attention was drawn to that thing in the middle of the stage though but that is part of the set for the play.. can't see how that may be attached..

i'll have to ask the team if they remember what we may/may not have been chatting about.

Definitely, 100%, without any shadow of a doubt, there were NO people of Scottish origin anywhere near us on that day..

The only thing remotely Scottish that day was me on stage shouting out "Macbeth".. otherwise known as the Scottish play..
Here's why I did that..

Shakespeare's play Macbeth is said to be cursed, so actors avoid saying its name (the euphemism "The Scottish Play" is used instead). Actors also avoid even quoting the lines from Macbeth before a performance, particularly the Witches' incantations. Outside of a theatre and after a performance the play can be spoken of openly. If an actor speaks the name "Macbeth" in a theatre prior to a performance, he or she is required to leave the theatre building, spin around three times, spit, curse, and then knock to be allowed back in.[1] There are several possible origins for this superstition. One is the assumption that the song of the Weird Sisters is an actual spell that will bring about evil spirits. Another is that there is more swordplay in it than most other Shakespeare plays, and the more swordplay must be rehearsed and performed, the more chances there are for someone to get injured. Yet another idea is that the play is often run by theatres that are in debt and looking to increase patronage. Another superstition is the belief that the Globe Theatre was burned down during a performance of Macbeth, but it is revealed that this was actually during a performance of Henry VIII.

There is also a legend that the play itself was cursed because the first time it was ever performed, the actor playing Macbeth died shortly before or after the production (accounts vary).[citation needed] Another version of this legend claims that it was the actor who played Lady Macbeth who died during the play's first production run and that Shakespeare himself had to assume the role. There is no evidence that either version of this legend is factual.[2]

Another legend claims that the original production of the play used actual witches and witchcraft, and so the play is cursed.

en.wikipedia.org...

But, I highly doubt that had any influence on catching this womans voice on video...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've listened to the recording over and over and still can't make out in full what the girl is saying, but my daughter says she will lend me her headphones tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to hear it more clearly.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You have miscellaneous sounds and a few visual anomalies. Some of the sounds appear to be humanlike and conversive. Am I missing anything, generally?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaNice
You have miscellaneous sounds and a few visual anomalies. Some of the sounds appear to be humanlike and conversive. Am I missing anything, generally?

Which sounds are you refering to?
Most are EVP's.. voices of, what is believed to be, the dead.
There's a couple here that are noises that we canot determine.. they should not have happened and were not caused by us or any of the theatre staff..we could not explain the noise we heard in the basement.

I don't think you're missing anything but the point? maybe..
If you'd care to expand on what you've said, maybe I can answer in more depth.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I really hope you get to hear it and can work it out..
Obviously we know what is being said.. Once you know it, there's no mistaking it..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Brilliant thread and videos!!

I cannot hear the voice clearly thru my speakers, sadly I am not brave enough to listen to it via headphones, so eagerly await what she is saying and who she is!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Oh what!!

go on.. give it a try..

Dive into the world of a paranormal investigator

It's when they use your name and tell you to get the heck out that you begin to worry

Guarantee you that as soon as you know what it is, you'll want to hear it for yourself

I can hear a box of headphones opening already..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No can do!! have sent you U2U

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well I'm just about to celotape my headphones back together to try and work out what that girl is saying!

Great thread, the "who's that" evp is one of the clearest I have ever. Very creepy, I imagined for a second a guy in the 18th century standing on stage hearing a faint whisper of Barrys voice and calling out to an empty theatre 'who's that?' Sort of like parallel time lines.

Anyway will continue to look into this and try and decipher whats being said.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

good to have you with us..
I hope the sticky tape holds..

I don't know why, but I have a big attachment to this EVP.
I guess it came from the moment I relaized what was being said..
Really left its mark on me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Right so I listened to the girl evp with headphones and still cannot make it out, although i can hear how young she is, and i don't know i thought i heard her say the word 'home' something like that.

The 'its not really' evp has to be someone in the room its so clear! It does sound very close to the accent of the guy talking but obviously he does not say it. Very strange indeed.

And yes as for the woman's voice, definitely Scottish. Its a remarkable catch if everything else can be ruled out.
edit on 29-7-2012 by eyesdown because: i see you already said there were no scottish people with you

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It sounds something like ' oh mummy... when were home' or when are we going home?'

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

interesting to see you've chosen mummy too.. but it's not but on the right track..
Home is not said..

Don't worry, you're not alone in struggling with it.. sometimes it takes our entire team listening to EVP's to try to work out what's said.. and once you know what's said it's as clear as day..

Two things of major interest in this one.. what's said and how its said..

As for the other vid where you think it could be a team member speaking.. the team swear none of them said it, but it is easy to forget all that was said.. so, unless we all have cameras each individual 100% of the time, we will never be able to rule out that sort of option.
We sometimes include this sort of "evidence" just as part of 'benchmarking' anything else..

Yes, we throw stuff out, but it is important to keep it filed

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ah i really need to know what is said. I will listen to it a few more times but the suspense is killing me.

Yeah it does sound like someone in the room said it but actually what is said 'no its not really' doesn't fit in with the conversation that was going on so it seems a bit out of place for someone to say it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

i do agree with you about its clarity, but some EVP's really are that clear.. and some you all hear as it happens and don't have to play a recorder back later hoping to hear something..

There are so many different levels of possibilites that it gets into your brain and just addles it evry now and then.
So many claims, reasons, beliefs, religions, history, science, quantum physics, mumbo jumbo, pyshcics and many other modes of ways for any or all paranormal activity to happen..

Keeps you on your toes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join