It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragedy hits home.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry for your loss.

I will tell you what my grandfather told my father.

Never give the law a reason to get involved with you. Do not break the law even ones you deem unfair. It is not worth giving them power over you just because you know a law is wrong. Do not hang out with people with questionable behavior and that have or do break the law. Whether relatives or friends because not only will you be guilty by association but they could drag you down with them.

Police have a hard life and they see the worst in people everyday. After a while they treat everyone the same because of this negativity. They are also exposed to the worst stereotypes of every race. They expect to see the worst always. They get pounded from every side. They have to deal with criminals, with fragile people who will whine about what they did or didn't do, police corruption, and the threat of getting killed everyday. I don't know I would probably be on edge if i had to deal with that day in and day out. I would be a powder keg ready to go off.

This does not exonerate what they do but the chances that you can change how they behave and their corruptions are slim. It will just not happen. You also cannot change those criminals and circumstances that harden them to become the monsters they have become.

what you can do as an individual is avoid them. Stay out of their way and give them no reason to get involved with you. The few times I have had to deal with cops I am at their mercy. I do not expect them to protect me and I have never trusted them. They can kill me and get away with it. Which is one reason why i do not understand why cops get all jumpy when they pull someone over. They can do whatever they want and get away with it.

When you break the law you pretty much lose all your rights and give them an excuse to put exercise their power over you. Just dont' give them a reason, that is my best advice to you. Live it and teach it to your loved ones. It has worked for my family

edit on 27-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Never give the law a reason to get involved with you. Do not break the law even ones you deem unfair. It is not worth giving them power over you just because you know a law is wrong. Do not hang out with people with questionable behavior and that have or do break the law. Whether relatives or friends because not only will you be guilty by association but they could drag you down with them.

and I guess thats the kind of world we now live in, where we better obey daddy government or their jack booted thugs will execute you in the street...

Im sorry, but Id rather deal with the Jack booted thugs while standing up against laws I don't believe in, than cower and hide.

But honestly thats not what this is, Im not denying a crime was commited, this was someone who ran and was shot in the back, beaten and than shot in the neck while in cuffs.

LUCKILY people saw, wittiness are currently in hiding afraid of the cops, but depositions are being made...

This is police corruption, and needs to be fought.

Even if crime is committed it does not give the police the right to Be judge jury and executioner.

its the attitude your grandfather taught you that has led to the state of police as they now are.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by votan

and I guess thats the kind of world we now live in, where we better obey daddy government or their jack booted thugs will execute you in the street...

Im sorry, but Id rather deal with the Jack booted thugs while standing up against laws I don't believe in, than cower and hide.

But honestly thats not what this is, Im not denying a crime was commited, this was someone who ran and was shot in the back, beaten and than shot in the neck while in cuffs.

LUCKILY people saw, wittiness are currently in hiding afraid of the cops, but depositions are being made...

This is police corruption, and needs to be fought.

Even if crime is committed it does not give the police the right to Be judge jury and executioner.

its the attitude your grandfather taught you that has led to the state of police as they now are.

cower and hide?? easy buddy that sounds like fighting words to me. this is not cowering and hiding this is prevention so you do not get into this situation in the first place. You do not break an unfair law to make a point it just gives a reason to label you as a criminal and discredit anything you try to do to change anything.

You missed the point completely. Cops are bad. they are bad because who they have to deal with. Cops are messed up because they become messed up after years of dealing with crappy people. Think about it critically instead of emotionally which is what you are doing and is understandable. What happens when you have good apples hanging out with bad apples?? The good apples begin to turn bad. This is the same with cops. Unless you change criminals you cannot expect cops to not be corrupted. As criminals get worse cops get worse. YOu dont' see that. You have to ask yourself WHY cops are becoming increasingly violent, not how to we fix the symptom which is the violence.

You will never get rid of police corruption it has been here always and will continue to be around. This is not the first time there has been police corruption and police brutality.; Since you are a rude jackass you are only all huffy because it finally hit home. YOu feel like you have a cause to fight for and it is extremely important to you. when the reality of the deal is that this has and will always exist.

YOU WILL CHANGE NOTHING. I never said to not fight for justice for what happened. I just said how to prevent it. Stay out of their way unless you want to be a martyr. Change things the way you can but nothing will change the fact that as long as there are violent criminals that will rub off on police. why do you think small quiet communities have such a hard time dealing with imported hardened criminals from violent communities. Because they are not hardened to deal with that. if you put a cop from new york in a small quiet country town where everyone goes to the same church that cop will make anyone he pulls over cry. why because they are hardened.

if you cannot see this then you are blind. And if you said that last line of your post to my grandfather he would split your face in two

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

im sorry, its just the more I hear the madder I get/

There where two witness, one a female that was in the vehicle.

They are in hiding afraid for their lives, people are working to ensure their voice are heard.

Its the reason the police went to the house of the Mother looking for two people, one wasn't even involved was standing on the street.

The cops gave the mother fake names, when she brought it up in the City council the Council tried to shut her up but the crowd override them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by votan

im sorry, its just the more I hear the madder I get/

There where two witness, one a female that was in the vehicle.

They are in hiding afraid for their lives, people are working to ensure their voice are heard.

Its the reason the police went to the house of the Mother looking for two people, one wasn't even involved was standing on the street.

The cops gave the mother fake names, when she brought it up in the City council the Council tried to shut her up but the crowd override them.

It's okay. I understand but I can only take so much sometimes. Yes police intimidation sucks. I lived in elpaso texas and spent time in j uarez mexico. I have seen enough police abuse in my day. Getting shook down in mexico by police was normal. El paso Police department is not much better. When dead bodies show up on the border each sides just gets dead locked on who is to handle it and it never leaves that stage.

My cousin received a broken back due to the police in el paso. He was just tagging... wonder if he had been under age drinking or shop lifting candy.

I feel for your loss and understand your frustration. Hopefully you can overcome the cover up. It is garbage, I was just trying to help so this doesn't happen again to you/family but in no way was i saying to be quiet. All you can really do is put media pressure. Hopefully you can get their support. it is really the only way from it being kicked under the rug.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't like cops. Never did. But I respect them in a way that's beneficial to me. It isn't only hispanics and blacks who get pulled over, believe me. I went to a doctors appointment in the capitol city and got a little lost and apparantly ended up in a bad part of town. I was pulled over and was pretty much interrogated as to why I was there, and if they could search my SUV for drugs and weapons. I'm a white country boy, btw. I told them that it wasn't any of their buisness why I was on taxpayer-owned roads and that they would have to get a search warrant before they couls search my vehicle. I also requested that their superior be dispatched to the scene immediately.

After 20 minutes of these violations of my rights, I was let go with no explaination. No superior showed up, either. I was fuming, but later, someone told me that the area that I was in, has become like other cities; murders almost everyday, a high volume of car thefts, robberies, rapes, drug busts/drug dealers, etc., etc.. Cops have told me As long as you're not doing anything illegal, you have nothing to worry about, as long as you dont resist and are respectful. If a cop asks you to leave an area and you don't, then you are gambling with your freedom. If you jump out of a stolen vehicle and run, you are putting your life in danger because for all the cops know, this car could've been car-jacked, the owner murdered, the occupents could be armed, etc., etc.. Cops have only seconds sometimes to assess the situation. They have a crappy job dealing with criminal scum multiple times each and every day.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'm glad I read this, Benryl. I based some of my perceptions of the event on your reports early on and in earlier messages defending. I had assumed, like you, that Anaheim PD was looking at losing some cops at one point.

I know you to be a reliable, honest and solid member. if this wasn't coming from you, i wouldn't believe that account. However.... Well.. I can't dismiss it.. I guess I need time to think on that. It's a hell of a thing they've done by your description and it explains a lot more. It explains the overkill response. They know the depth of rage and why...and that it may just be justified. Bad thing for unrest....

Wow.. That's some explosive stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

SnF

At one point in your writing you seemed utterly lost. Not knowing what you were trying to say. Tho I think you were saying something incredibly important.

When you have parents who so obviously care about you in an intelligent way such as your Father truly does. Then you better damn well listen to everything he is telling you. The hints and subtle references most of all. Sorry for your friend and the unfairness of life. But your Pop is an awesome human being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join