It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Gay parades, gay bike rides, gay characters in nearly every TV show and movie, repeated gay marriage props (which get voted down every time).

It's called freedom. Tell me you're not one of those people who want freedom for yourself and those like you, but don't want others to have their own freedom...

As far as gay people everywhere you look... guess what... there ARE gay people everywhere you look! It's reality. And the gay marriage props are working. Six states and DC have marriage equality. Our president supports it. The majority of Americans support it. It's only a matter of time. You will be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

If it isn't to try to get more people to accept homosexuality as normal then what is it for?

I really don't think people care if you accept it or not. Gay people exist and have rights. Homosexuality IS normal. What you do with that information is up to you. You can fight and complain your whole life and no one really cares.

Have you ever seen a parade of heterosexuals with signs talking about how normal it is and how great it is?

Heterosexuals were never denied rights as a group.
Gay people are fighting for their guaranteed rights against people who would deny them. Women have done it. Blacks have done it. Handicapped people have done it. It's time for us recognize that we all deserve equal treatment under the law. You are free to be pissed off about that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Honestly. I have to agree. I have a few gay friends and even my best friend has had thoughts about it, and i still love him no matter what his choices are.

But i just do not 'get' things like the gay pride parades. I mean, i understand the concept of it of course. But its like "Why? I do not care if a man sleeps with another man or a woman sleeps with another woman" So why must it be flaunted around in public? There are no straight pride parades is there?

"We're here, we're queer, get over it"
Well we are, so you can stop now. Many of the people i meet don't care about sexual orientation. But i get what you mean, its like having things thrown in your face and having to watch yourself. Its not just homosexuality either though, you have to watch what you say to be 'politically correct' in a lot of situations.

I understand their need to attempt to change things for more equality, im a supporter of gay marriage. If two guys want to be just as unhappy as a man/women pair, then they should have that right. Not a problem with me. Wish other people understood that, but a parade dancing around in banana hammocks really doesn't help their cause at all.
edit on 24/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You have completly missed my point, i am saying that many of thm don't even want their sexuality to be something of a talking point, that they don't want them being homosexual to be the first thing people think about them when they see them, i didn't even know one of my friends was gay for weeks and weeks after i met him.

They want being homosexual as important as being hetrosexual, where no one cares or even asks. Not every homosexual is camp and screams out their sexual orientation at every opputunity, most know their are homosexual and are fine with it without having to make a point that they are not homosexual.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If there is an agenda it's acceptance.

There are a lot of people out there who hate gay people, it wasn't that long ago that there were laws against being gay in my country, there still are in a lot of countries, they actually hang people for being openly gay in some places in this day and age.

Why do we see it(gay-ness) all the time on tv and elsewhere? IMO it will eventually pass as society gradually cops on and stops judging people because of their sexual orientation.

Also, any gay people I know like to be 'gay' and sometimes kind of show it off flamboyantly, I say why not, it's better than hiding it.

edit on 24-7-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I like your analogy about porcupines right up to the point where you forget to mention that in the past owning porcupines was a criminal offence and you could be jailed for it.

Or executed.

Apart from that...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Read my post again and you will see that I got your point, but reject it.

You are saying that they want it to be important as being heterosexual like "loud," "campy," prideful homosexuals don't. To oppose some of their community makes no sense. Also you say they think the parades and etc deprives them of sinking into normality.. what I am saying is that until they have all the rights that these "campy" prideful homosexuals are going on about what they are promoting is not normalcy, but a return to the closet with nothing gained.

They wan't gays to get 15 minutes of fame?
edit on 24-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If people were beaten, told they were abnormal and denied equal rights for owning porcupines then yes I would expect porcupine owners to hold parades, infiltrate the media, protest and get in peoples faces until it wasn't a big deal anymore.

The really funny thing is though is that you can hardly see a movie, tv show, commercial, magazine/newspaper ad that doesn't depict a dog/cat owner or family... why are these things only a big deal if it's a porcupine owner?

Maybe we should just stop depicting pet owners completely, that would probably be the fairest thing for everyone. pets are a private matter and no one really needs to know what kind of pet you have... but most especially no one needs to know if you have a porcupine, not that there's anything wrong with that but, jeeze I just don't want to see it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Now replace "gay" or "porcupine" with "black".

Do you still not understand what the problem is?

People can dress up their ignorance all they like, they can try to explain away their hatred through so many ways, but it always comes down to the same thing - "I don't like it". Well, guess what, us gay people don't care if you like it or not. We exist, we have a right to the same things you have, we have a right to live our lives as we see fit without other arrogant a-holes preaching about how they are superior.

You say it doesn't bother you, doesn't obsess you, but it bothers you enough that you feel there is a "gay agenda". Most people just accept that there are people of all races, and there are gay people, bisexual people, and straight people. Most manage to see this as a part of existence, colorful life and diversity, but others feel the need to attack it as though it is some form of "invasion".

There is no "gay agenda". It's simply the realization that gay people are equals. We're your cops, your fire fighters, your nurses, your teachers, your marines, your neighbors, your mechanics, your friends, your brother or sister, your mom or your dad... why the hell should we be "ignored" because some feel that we shouldn't be recognized as a part of existence?
edit on 24-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Your point of view comes down to birth rates?!?!

That is just plain weird.

"No! sorry honey, you can not be gay, you have a duty to push out/spawn a brat or two for the good of your country AND your species....no, no I don't care if you think it's love, you have a duty!"

?????

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I like your analogy about porcupines right up to the point where you forget to mention that in the past owning porcupines was a criminal offence and you could be jailed for it.

Or executed.

Apart from that...

Likewise, they forget the fact that the ownership of Porcupines is also considered immoral and objectionable by right-wing Christian fanatics all over the country. They lobby states to remove the rights of people to have Porcupines too. In fact they would go further than that and demand that every person only own a cat. They preach propaganda about how Porcupines have been known to attack children or kill cats...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A point to any one who say's homosexuality is not natural, it is.

Currently over 1500 individual species are known to practice (never sure why they use that term) homosexuality in nature.

Occum's Razor Applied:

If its in nature it serves a purpose.

As for the ridiculous comment about it threatening society. Get a grip. The planets over populated as it is. How is less children going to harm that. It would be better for us just to try and look after all the children we have correctly,

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
First, being straight as opposed to homosexual is NOT knuckle dragging.

No one said it was. Most of us who are defending this "gay agenda" being spoken of are straight.

There are legitamite reasons to oppose homosexuality in and of itself when faced with it becoming a societal standard.

It sounds like you think that acceptance of homosexuality (maybe 10% of the population) will cause everyone to "go gay" and then everyone will be gay... Does the acceptance and equal treatment of black people cause us all to "go black"? Do you see how silly that thought is?

That said, I agree with the poster who said that having to take anything to excess is in and of itself a form of racism or bigotry.

You just took being gay to excess, implying that we'd all turn gay and stop having kids - the society and species would fall. That's pretty damn excessive, wouldn't you say?

I dont care about your porcupines, but do not sit and try to teach my son and daughter to own one if it will cause the downfall of my particular species.

No one is trying to convince you to "go gay". WTF are you talking about? There must be a new "gay agenda" that I'm unfamiliar with...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

*facepalm*

Uh.. wake up, did you read the OP you replied to? Look around this thread.
If you read all the posts in this thread you should understand that there are a lot of people that aren't "over it."

also Ron Paul 2012.

edit on 24-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

So you believe that every homosexual wants to climb up to the roof tops and scream "I am gay! I am different from you because of my sexual orientation!"

The Gay pride parade does not represent every homosexuality anymore, infact gay pride represents campness more than homosexuality, a culture within the gay comunity, not the gay comunity as a whole.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Failed Prophet. I must agree.

Being gay IMO, is not a normal thing. (And yeah, you can call me a religious freak).
I don't have anything against gay people, except I feel that it is wrong that they are gay. But, frankly, I don't think it is all neccesarily their fault. It seems all the gay folks I have known seem to have family issues. Raised by one parent, have an abusive parent, have been molested, etc. Usually it seems like its all a cry for attention. Now we have the media glamorizing it, hell, even glamorizing it on disney channel and other children's cartoons. I have a 2 year old son and hardly ever let him watch television, but now with all of these homosexual references in the cartoons, he might just have to stick with old looney tunes or popeye the sailor man. I don't want my children growing up to think that being a homosexual is the right thing. I was raised in a hispanic family with religious beliefs. I intend to keep it that way.
Media has went off the deep end. It almost seems that now in days young adults think its the "cool thing" to be a homosexual. That they are unique or such. But hey, not bothering me at all. I just feel bad for the people.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I do not see how it is weird in the least. See the example of Rome, Rome did not fall from the outside, it fell first from the inside. www.rhm.uni-koeln.de...

Now see all the data out there on society having to have birth rates at least at replacement rate if not slightly higher, and how lower birth rates can adversely effect society, and you tell me we do not have a duty?
www.hoover.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
WTF is the gay agenda? Wanting to be treated like people? Not wanting to be judged for being attracted to the same sex? Wanting to have the same rights as heterosexual couples, being able to commit to each other and have that commitment recognized by the government? The government that applauds individual liberty and pursuit of happiness?

If it bugs you turn off the TV, crawl into a cave and let the rest of us carry on. This is the same tripe spewed when those awful black people and sandwich makers got rights.

As things become more accepted in society, you will see them more on your idiot box. It's not going to turn you gay, it's not going to hurt out society, it's not going to wipe out the species.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Originally posted by Kali74
The really funny thing is though is that you can hardly see a movie, tv show, commercial, magazine/newspaper ad that doesn't depict a dog/cat owner or family... why are these things only a big deal if it's a porcupine owner?

There are also all those people who "flaunt" their heterosexuality. They're always holding hands, kissing, breeding and stuffing it down our throats. Almost every TV show has several heterosexual couples, talking about love... and these gross breeders walking around "showing off" their pregnant bellies... It's sickening! And they usually have a dog or cat, too!

This, friends, is the "straight agenda"! And it must be stopped!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Did I say that? No, I didn't.
I am saying that these mythical "one of us" homosexuals you speak of are asking other gays to surrender their lifestyle (which is a huge irony) so they can slink back into being closet gays. That's absurd. The people out there making noise are the ones that are fighting for you stealth ninja gays to get the right to marry.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

I don't have anything against gay people, except I feel that it is wrong that they are gay.

That right there?

That's something against gay people. Just for future reference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join