It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Security Rises: TSA Coming To A Movie Theatre Near You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The police were in full force tonight at the movies with 4 officers present in our theater for The Dark Knight Rises. They stood by the aisles as vigilant guardians, ready to protect us from a gun wielding copy cat.

Yes, that's right. Now that movie theaters are a target, we need more security. You see, whenever an atrocity is committed, regardless of the circumstances, whether it be by an organized force, or random mentally disturbed individual, it requires the same response; that of universal lockdown. Let's just lock everything down, and everyone once in a while we might catch something in our massive "safety net."

Clearly if a mentally disturbed person is going to commit a crime like this, there is almost no chance of stopping them when they have the have the time, knowledge, and resources. The measures required to stop it would essentially require monitoring every word spoken, or transmitted by every human being, acting on said data and ultimately taking away our remaining "liberties."

So, I'm watching the movie and the officers walkie talkies are clicking on and off the whole time. At one point I go to locate a friend, and I get the stare down. Oh no, this individual looks suspicious, he's getting out of his seat and leaving the theater...

The next logical step would be to introduce the TSA:

“I could see it now… Catching a movie is gonna be like going through the God-awful TSA,” wrote Michael Trevino.

“Get ready for TSA body searches at the movie theater now,” added Lindsey Burk.

“They’re gonna start having TSA type security at movie theaters. Means the costs of a ticket will probably be even higher,” wrote Andross.

(Source)

edit on 20-7-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I said this exact same thing to my mom on the phone tonight before logging on here. She was asking had I heard about it. And I told her "Well, now we'll have TSA in Movie Cinema's, you just wait."

Here it is. We're thinking on the same level.
edit on 20-7-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Yep, thats exactly the first thing I said. But even worse, these idiots will try to disarm America.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
with ipads and 500 inch tv's and morons with assualt rifles everywhere, we are going to evolve into a species of cave dwellers and just stay home

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Actually with the way the economy is the AK is a little bit cheaper than the iPad. I wet with the AK.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The problem with security is that it is just a bandaid (usually ineffective) to the real problem.

The real problem being that someone would commit a heinous act in the first place. Why they would do it and the contributing factors that would lead up to the event.

If it is not a movie theatre, it could be a thousand other places where the public congregates.

-

One thing though, I don't see how a few people talking on GLP is any indication that TSA will end up in movie theatres anytime soon...

The article is drivel IMO.

edit on 21-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think I Robot may turn out to be dead on. Time to pull out the grills and tucked away card tables. Invite over some friends and let the TSA and the handlers amuse each other. Why would you spend your hard earned dollars to be prodded and poked? There are much better and cheaper ways to have fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The irony is that I could have sworn I heard some crime in progress coming through on one of the walkie talkie alerts.

That's too bad, we're watching dark knight rises...I mean, protecting the movie theatre!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
As I see it, a TSA type company(as the T stands for Transportation and movie theaters have nothing to do with Transportation) would put TPTB in a "catch 22" situation. On one hand, if they heighten security it will cause more and more people to NOT go to the movie theaters and stay home and watch them on DVD or online, which will cause a rise in copyright violations(basic supply and demand) and their beloved Hollywood looses out on income. If they pass SOPA and/or PIPA, it only feeds the black market and again causes a loss to their beloved Hollywood(it's already bleeding into the music industry with security tighter and the skyrocketing ticket prices)

On the other hand, if they do not add security to theaters, people will feel less and less secure in going, causing essentially the same thing on a slightly smaller scale.

I think they are going to be forced to find a happy medium in order to keep Hollywoods income mongers happy, but we all know how well TPTB do with happy mediums. For sure something is going to come of this situation with all the "Terrorism" Fear going around but Hollywood pays a lot of political paychecks and will not stand for loosing more money due to low ticket sales AND SOPA/PIPA.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

It's funny how morons like you can't spell "Assault" Rifle much less define the term.

My grandfather was a marine in WWII - he had dyslexia and probably couldn't spell assault either. Even if he could, he would never rudely point out such a simple error.

On topic - the difference with movie theaters I think is that more people will opt out of going - between the high cost and the aggravation of a TSA search - and the Hollywood elite would not like that.

Gun control and more general control/regulation because of fear - that's where this is headed.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't go to public events anyway. First it's the cops. Then its gangs of unruly teenagers, harassing old duffers like me. Public life is basically over.

TSA in church? TSA in my favorite Italian restaurant?

What happens if a gun nut joins the TSA? For some strange reason, THAT hasn't ever happened.

Maybe we need to force every american (and illegal alien, too) to join the TSA, that way they'll all be cleared. Presto!--no more gun violence.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
No doubt some higher measures of security will be put in place. Are they going to be as extensive as the NSA's are? I doubt it. But there will be more people and other things in there. I hope this doesn't have the same impact on movie theaters that 9-11 did everywhere else. Movie theaters have been relatively tame till now.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My buddy went to the drive in to see the movie TED and told me earlier that they were searching peoples cars.

My response- This country is done for.

Im sick and tired of being punished because someone wants to act out.

The government kills people everyday- maybe we should be the ones monitoring them. They have all the high tech weapons anyways- you know like smoke grenades high powered rifles and all other weapons we the people are not 'supposed' to have.

Even if he went into the theatre with a suicide vest- they would still be claiming 'guns' were responsible.

Dont buy the hype people.

Edit to add- What if this all went down so the movie companies didnt lose money on Hosting websites who stream these movies. I went to one site- and usually by now there would have been a cam version of the movie already up. NOPE.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

My buddy went to the drive in to see the movie TED and told me earlier that they were searching peoples cars. My response- This country is done for.

And the people happily complied.

Law enforcement can't protect us 24-7 no matter how hard they try. We have to learn to defend ourselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sure enough they did.

I would have told them to go screw themselvs and that I will wait for in illegal copy to come out because I refuse to be treated like a potential terrorist in my own damn country.

Screw em. They just wont get anymore of my money. So be it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Just Another Reason to Rent Current Films at Home instead of subjecting Yourself to the Mass Psychological Assault by you Friendy U.S. Goverment Goons.. Hey Hollywood ! , You OK with Dat Suckers ? ..Geez,.......

edit on 21-7-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To cut down government spending, they could stress for all law abiding citizens to get their concealed carry, but that would make too much sense....

And to put down the argument before it starts... The 4 police officers in the movie theater have an equal chance of shooting civilians by accident as do law abiding citizens with concealed carry.

I don't even want to think about how the dim-witted TSA agents will be "protecting" me at the movie theaters. I'd probably have a higher survival rate playing in traffic at a busy intersection while on crutches.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Not to get off track or anything, but did you realize that if you rearrange the letters TSA you get ATS?

Anyway, I saw this coming and it's just stupid. Guard the hen house AFTER the attack. As if it's going to do any good.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I swear to god Jesus Allah and Thor if they put up strip searches at moive theaters and ruin one of my favorite activities i will throw a fit like the world has never seen

<<   2 >>

join