It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Whatever the reasons behind this mass murder, it's an awful situation.

Now here's something weird: I first learned of this on SkyNews (on digi satellite channel) a good half hour ago. So after seeing how bad it looked I switched over to CNN International, figuring they'd be all over it, and -- not a darned word!

Not kidding: while SkyNews was broadcasting details of the possible casualties, plus what the shooters were wearing, how they used tear gas first etc etc, CNN was showing a program where they were discussing any possible "link" between the "Bane" character in the new Batman movie and Romney's company called Blain. (NOT in connection to the shooting, I emphasize!)

Then, after giving Rush Limbaugh's take on it all they interrupted their story to say something like "We are just getting word of a shooting at a theater in Denver during a screening of the new Batman movie..."

The presenter said very little. They showed some footage of ambulances at the scene, went to a break and then on to another scheduled program -- about Damascus and what's going on there.

And as I post, on CNN International they STILL are only running a line at the bottom of the screen and are not doing any live reporting from Denver at all.

Something strange is going on here. If you are getting live (on the scene) reports from CNN USA, well we aren't getting them on CNN International yet!

Mike

edit on 20/7/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
They are looking at possibly raising the national security alert.

That was just said on Sky.

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Sky News International is a very odd station.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

RT, Sky, and the OP were all over it.

I also thought this was strange, that National News, in America, are slow to give details, right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Really? NATIONAL security over a movie theatre shooting?
I wonder if they know something they're not telling us?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

They might be odd, but they are reporting a serious US mass shooting in detail well before CNN International is.

And I think that's very strange.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

Ok, soooo wheres the human decency for all of the other people that died yesterday all over the world?

Now and days sonny, when you go out in public there are inherent risks. America isn't as safe as everyone wants it to be. Have a slice of reality why don't you. This happens all the time and the innocent die....TS I say...TS. If this nation wants us all unarmed this is gonna happen more and more so you might as well get used to it.

Its because of crap like this as to why I pack everywhere I go. No exceptions other than legalities. You step out your front door to go somewhere, you just never know whats gonna happen. And that's wonderful...your implying I'm human..that's great...

Im simply pointing out that this isnt a special occasion, and the less people pay attention to it, the less it occurs when some nutt job wants his 15 minutes.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Kastogere because: ETA

link   
Why isnt this thread, in BREAKING NEWS?

link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

RT, Sky, and the OP were all over it.

I also thought this was strange, that National News, in America, are slow to give details, right now.

Cause they're still awaiting their orders from higher up...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I see there is some attempted humor about this incident already........

This crap is not funny. This is a situation currently in progess.

I have close friends in the area. Police are still looking for the suspect (or suspects). Joking about this is seriously not something that should be happening right now. Jesus christ......

link   
They are saying even children could have been injured, because it was an age of 13 and above movie..

+1 more 
link   
Takes a real coward who is armed, armoured, , and gases defenseless people to do this. BTW those who feel the need to joke about this...it is confermed that several children have been injured. To make jokes is nothing less than being heartless monsters.

50 injured 14 dead
edit on 20-7-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962
reply to post by CX

Really? NATIONAL security over a movie theatre shooting?
I wonder if they know something they're not telling us?

Yeah i know, whats your level at the moment....and what hidden nasties come with the next level?

You can bet your life that they'll have body scanners in all sports and movie venues within a month.....they've just been discussing that.

CX.

link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Why isnt this thread, in BREAKING NEWS?

This is my first thread, and I didn't immediately see the breaking general news forum. This looked like the next best place.

Mods, please move this thread if it doesn't belong here.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Okay, around a minute after my first post, CNN went to "breaking news" and are now showing live video from the scene with Anderson Cooper doing the commentary over it.

What took them so long? Were they possibly checking that it wasn't just some very very sick publicity stunt? Seems unlikely as they can listen to Police radio just as well as we can...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

Well, the victim was said to be wearing a bullet proof vest, a gas mask, reports of tear gas being used, multiple bombs, and random shootings in the head and chest of victims (in a dark theater none the less). Sounds like someone trained to me. It seems to be planned on a day where the theater is full.

Something about doing it on "The Dark Knight Rises" movie... screams some type of message. Why that movie out of all movies? Also it was theater number "9".........

I wouldn't rule out terrorist attack.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

Thank you for the thread, BTW. You had this posted, before some major News networks.

For those who have family, in the area, or know even people that were there, the thread is helpful.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
policie conference is saying 14 dead and 40 injured but not confirmed. the suspect is probably indeed the guy who did it and was in his car behind the cinema when they found him..

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
BTW those who feel the need to joke about this...it is confermed that several children have been injured. T

They were saying a baby had been hit too, not sure if thats the pregnant woman or a seperate baby.

If they have the gunman at gunpoint, they should just save your taxpayers a few quid and have a negligent discharge.

CX.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join