It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's re-analyse the Nostradamus Olympics quatrain, X - 74

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

the 'games' might not even relate to the modern Olympic 'Games'..
see: www.history.com...

i feel that the slaughter of the heritics by beheading will be considered a necessary 'game' of purification but viewed as a Great Tribulation by those being slaughtered

prophecy preceeds events
events do not cause a prophetic linkage
edit on 19-7-2012 by St Udio because: sp erroors

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
But what if you interpret the first line as:

"In the year of the seventh revolution,"

Literally meaning there would have been seven countries or nations that have been in revolution by that time. How many have there been so far?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"that the entries emerge from the grave" im trying to interpret what this means. alot of The time votes seem to do as the qoute says lol dont think thats what is meant by it though. Maybe it means those that entered are dead to begin with, but not literally dead?

No idea to be honest.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
But what if you interpret the first line as:

"In the year of the seventh revolution,"

Literally meaning there would have been seven countries or nations that have been in revolution by that time. How many have there been so far?

am i reading the same verses??

Century X, quatrain 74, English translation.

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,
it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter,
not far from the age of the great millennium,
when the dead will come out of their graves.

you version ""In the year of the seventh revolution,""
is not close enough

then from the OP of the thread:

My personal take on both versions:

"Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme", to me says "A revolution of the grand number 7 or September"?

modern calendars say July is the 7th month not september which is the 9th, hence 9-11
edit on 19-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

the 'games' might not even relate to the modern Olympic 'Games'..
Obviously it might not, but to say games emerge in the time of slaughter is a strong indication to me that he is referencing the Olympic Games, the most important sports gaming event of the modern world, something which he is likely to reference in his writing, assuming he is capable of seeing into the future of course. It is particularly interesting that a great deal of slaughter is going on in the world right now, namely, in middle eastern countries where thousands of people are being slaughtered, bombed and shot, while entire nations are being overthrown in the process. That link is too strong for me to ignore.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Guys you are bickering over something which we have already dismissed as an invalid translation. The first line says NOTHING about a "year", there is no reference to a year, except for the fact it is referencing a "full revolution". The reason is says "accomplished" in that line is because the original text is referring to a complete/full/satisfied rotation or revolution period, and the English translation interpreted it wrong. What it really says is much closer to "A full revolution of the grand seventh number".
edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Number 7 has many meanings and it could interprited in various ways according to to one's point of views.
What first came to my mind was the 7 wonders of the ancient world.Number 7 is the lighthouse of Alexandria.In 2008 an Egyptian archeologist was appealing to the authorities for the reconstruction of the monument.Of course the restoration hasn't even started yet,as far as i know.
Maybe Nostradamus meant that the year which the 7th wonder of the world will be completed,which by the way is not going to be accomplished for many years in the future.

It could also mean the 7th month aka July.Seventh number accomplished,perhaps means by the end of July.Which brings us to the second sentence:

The Olympic games start by the end of the month(the 27th-another 7 there....).
Games of slaughter:
The most obvious meaning would be that many people will be slaughtered during the olympics.Either by an attack in London or a huge war that will start at that period of time.
What will appear is the big question.
Google translates as:
Games appear at the time of slaughter.
So from the translation provided from your source the google translation gives a new meaning to the whole sentence.The great slaughter will start before the games.

That doesn't take much explanation.Any year of the early 21st century could fit in the discription

I would vote for zombie apocalypse myself,but the meaning could be that the dead will be of that great number that they will stay unburied.

My personal belief is that the 3 first lines give the time frame of a great war(WW3?),which will start at the end of July,if Nostradamus was talking about 2012.

I have a book with the prophecies and analysis.When i get home i will post the analysis given by the author.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
And once again, let me post the translation we developed after analysing the original text more carefully, because I think may people missed it at the bottom of the last page:

A full revolution of the grand seventh number,
games appear at the time of slaughter,
not far from the grand millennial age,
when the dead emerge from the grave.

edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
for every interpretation - which lets face it - is what the " interpretor " wants it to be , there are multiple other possibilities - just as valid

take for example , the translation :

" games of slaughter "

can be consrued as hunting - specifically the massive royal hunting parties common in medieval europe

if you insist aon using the olympics - try the 1972 munich games - they certainly had slaughter - and a 7
- and 1972 even had revolution [ the chinese cultural; revolution ]

see how easy it is to just pluck " facts " from memory and beat them into the quantrains ?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I have a book with the prophecies and analysis.When i get home i will post the analysis given by the author.
Great idea, can't wait to see what that says.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You are right of course that September is the 9th month, I didn't realise that actual translation of septiesme is seventh and therefore thought it could mean September.

When I said "Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme", to me says "A revolution of the grand number 7 or September"?

Disregarding the September bit "A revolution of the grand number 7"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

i do believe the emphasis of the great seventh number is not speaking of just the symbolic number 7

if one were to count the sequence of the Prime numbers, one would find the number 17 is the seventh Prime or the 7th Great Number
en.wikipedia.org...

I thought this was a very interesting connection. I have mentioned on other threads before that while some people claim to see 11:11 everywhere, I see 717. I think another person also mentioned seeing 717. I have seen it for years and though some believe seeing numbers means nothing, I have always felt it did mean something.

I'd also like to note that while writing this the news announced to me that is was 7:17

Anyway, great thread and great translations. Just thought I would throw in my two cent experience.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Let´s see, Nostradamus predicted the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999 and he said the war between good and evil would last 20 and 7 years which adds up to 27.

Olympics start on 27/7...

The deluge in Falun city took place on the 27/7 in 1666..

Now we have 2012, it is 13 years after the persecution started.. 20-13 is 7 years, religion talks about the 7 hard years..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So, the 7 could be September, or July, or 2017, or something else.

We don't know much about the games or slaughters, most games are representative of war, and most war is strategized as a game, so that doesn't get us too far.

The dead rising from their graves happens during floods, zombies, rapture, or it could be perceived dead like the holographic Elvis and Tupac, or it could be something resurrected like the Polio virus, or the Spanish Flu, or an Empire like the Romans (US?).

Anyhow, I have another observation, a grand 7th revolution could pertain to 7 Baktuns of the Mayan calendar, which would be about 2760 modern years. And since this is a year that the Baktun rolls over, how many years ago would Nostradamus have written this Quattrain?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maldavius

i think you will find he did put 1.2% lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

First of all, Star and Flag for a good post. I too am a student of Nostradamus, and have read the book you mentioned.

Looking at the second line in English:
"it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter", may not relate to the Olympics at all. It could be saying instead, "at a time when it seems that slaughter is happening and it seems like a game"

This is happening right now. As the World tunes in their TVs for Games coverage, the slaughter in Syria and other places still rages, only now the cameras are pointing in other directions. I am thinking something sinister is being planned for the Games, but cannot figure if it will happen at the Games, or some place else that is open because of the Games.

Century X, quatrain 74, English translation.

I have given this much thought. This very same idea is in the Bible. When I first began to ponder it, I had thoughts of rotting corpses tearing their way out of their graves like "Night of the Living Dead."
But in my dimensional studies, and with my many encounters with the Dead, and a few other sources of Intel, I got a different picture altogether. There could be an infinite number of dimensions.

Three is the magic number, right?

For most of our history, we've rested easy in the notion that there were three dimensions that have existed throughout time: length, width and height. Ah, the good old days. In the early 20th century, Hermann Minkowski and Albert Einstein connected our comfortable three dimensions with a fourth, time, defining special relativity using a space-time continuum.

This kind of worked, but still didn't explain a troublesome new theory of gravity called quantum mechanics that arose around the same time Minkowski and Einstein were working on their theories. Quantum mechanics had its own rules that contradicted the concepts behind the space-time continuum. Scientists treated this incompatibility like the weather for decades, discussing it but not really doing anything about it.
source
I strongly believe the 4th dimension is the World of the Dead. All Souls/Spirits who pass spend some time there, before moving on to new incarnations, or other life missions. This being said, I think what Nostradamus was trying to convey is the Dimensions crossing each other, melding together, as it were. Dead rising from their Graves makes more sense now, doesn't it? The bodies of our dead relatives are going to pop up from the ground, their world and ours will be one and the same. We who are alive right now will probably be in spirit form then, or the Dead may form bodies and be alive again.

Good post!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
reply to post by Maldavius

i think you will find he did put 1.2% lol

I think you will find he edited his op. He admitted the mistake in his next post. lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the great well thought out reply.

I had thoughts of rotting corpses tearing their way out of their graves like "Night of the Living Dead."

Yeah that's why I thought of Zombie attack, I conjured similar images to you on that.

I am still thinking along the lines that Nostradamus is seeing the slaughter around the world that is happening right now as well.
edit on 19-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While researching this topic I'v came across another reference that is eerily similar to Nostradamus quatrain 10/74 on the "Cross of Hendaye"

From jayweidner.com...

The Latin inscription of the cross of Hendaye reads like this:

OCRUXAVES

PESUNICA

Syphon, using Greek and Latin broke down the inscription in a truly unusual and ingenious pattern. Without boring you with the details or betraying Syphon as a source, the Latin inscription on the cross ends up saying this:

When hundreds die at the Hecatomb
And the dead overcome their graves (death)
This is the sign and symbol to all
That the Autumn (hour) draws near
(When all will) perish and be destroyed.

“ Hecatomb” is a Greek word for sacrifice or slaughter.

What is interesting about this interpretation of the Latin inscription on the Hendaye Cross is how close this wording is to one of Nostradamus' famous quatrains...quatrain 10/74...

10 74
Au reuolu du grand nombre septiesme,
Apparoistra au temps ieux d'Hecatombe,
(He/or She will appear at the time of the games of the hecatomb)
Non esloigné du grand eage milliesme,
Que les entrez sortiront de leur tombe.

It will appear at the time of the games of slaughter (Hecatombe):
Not far from the great millennial age,
When the buried will go out from their tombs.

Now we have two separate prophecies, both from the southern France region, both written within fifty to a hundred years of each other and both making very similar predictions.

According to Wikipedia

In Ancient Greece, a hecatomb (/ˈhɛkətuːm/ or /ˈhɛkətoʊm/; Ancient Greek: ἑκατόμβη hekatómbē) was a sacrifice to the gods of 100 cattle (hekaton = one hundred). Hecatombs were offered to Greek gods Apollo, Athena, and Hera, during special religious ceremonies

Still working on the link between the two, but thought it would help in this discussion!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

If he actually saw into the future (like a mini-movie running in his head) could he have possibly seen the zombie culture we live in now..like maybe he just saw a preview for the walking dead or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join