It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Battle for Damascus? Bashar has fled to the Alawite Mountains.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sanic9k1

lol... well thats cool cause I am just that! A liberal Muslim!

what am I supposed to be bringing anyway? We having a potluck dinner or something?

If you do not like the sources then you are free to speak using what you consider better sources btw. Dont just complain about what you think is wrong, participate and contribute in making it better.

BTW, when it comes to other countries Russia actually has the most mid line stance currently, so if you think you have a better source with less agenda and less bias then speak up where it concerns the actual topic by bringing said news source to the table.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by hp1229

the young man in the photo is small in stature but has a focused, mature look on his face; he may be older than his size suggests.

Size has a lot to do with calories and indefinitely 'growth hormones'
Surely we ingest tonnes of hormones indirectly in the US (not sure about outside the US). Although I do agree that the photo is small in statue but the kid is more older.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I really think that the US shouldn't be critical of Assad, either, in this matter - I think they shouldn't even notice him at all, much less critically. Right now, it's still an internal Syrian matter, and NONE of the rest of us has any dog in that fight. let 'em do whatever they think they need to do, on their own, under their own power. After all, it's THEIR country, not ours.

There are no "good guys" in that fight. None. Choosing in favor of the lesser of two evils is STILL choosing evil. I'd rather just walk away and let them sort out their own problems. I can't say that I care who wins there - until they start exporting their problems. THEN it would be time to deal with the victor - not before.

Until THEY make it an external problem, it's not one.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Recent update on current events in Syria:

Opposition sources: Syria's Assad in Latakia

Assad is directing the response to the assassination of three of his top lieutenants from the coastal city of Latakia, opposition sources and a Western diplomat said on Thursday. Assad, who has not made a public appearance since Wednesday's bombing, was commanding the government operation, they said. It was not clear whether Assad travelled to the Mediterranean sea resort before or after the attack. "Our information is that he is at his palace in Latakia and that he may have been there for days," said a senior opposition figure, who declined to be named. The palace, which Assad has used before to conduct official business, is located in hills near the city, Syria's main port. The diplomat, who is following events in Syria, said: "Everyone is looking now at how well Assad can maintain the command structure. The killings yesterday were a huge blow, but not fatal." Latakia province is home to several towns inhabited by members of Assad's minority Alawite sect.

link here

Although Assad´s castle just outside Latakia has been used on many occasions by him, it is strategically vulnerable to airstrikes from Israel and of course FSA incursions. One cannot eliminate the possible rumours that even defected Syrian Airforce units might use Assads own airforce against him in the coming weeks. The analysisof his most probable position/hide on the An-Nusayriyah (alawite) mountains i still the most viable Intel. More on this later.

Events are now evolving on a pace even faster than during Gaddafis last days in Libya. Fall of Damascus is now revised to 30 days +/-7 days depending on SAF counter strikes and the decisions from the remaining cabinet around Assad.
edit on 19-7-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Further Stratfor analysis here

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

but right now, the entire middle east is in a sectarian war. One that the United States thinks will benefit them in the long run to take sides in. (a thought process I very much disagree with)

so, overthrowing a countries historical tribal leaders will benefit the US?

I don't think so! When the dust settles and a new axis of Islamic states rise up from the ashes of this fake Arab spring movement. I am amazed that our government can not see that democracy in the ME will do nothing but bring hundreds of millions of Muslims together which are separated by tribalism now.

Do you think that when the US armed Saddam with WMD; provided training for the deployment of of WMD and physical support to deploy WMD (poison gas) that has been a benefit to the US?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Do you think that when the US armed Saddam with WMD; provided training for the deployment of of WMD and physical support to deploy WMD (poison gas) that has been a benefit to the US?

Perhaps not the American Population, but certainly the Industrial Military Complex. They gain while the people suffer pain.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Chinese and Russian made weapons.

Haven't read all comment but AK-47 are also made in the USA.

Here an old report from many many missing AK-47 by the US army in Iraq and note this is only from a few years!
news.bbc.co.uk...

The US military cannot account for 190,000 AK-47 assault rifles and pistols given to the Iraqi security forces, an official US report says. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) says the Pentagon cannot track about 30% of the weapons distributed in Iraq over the past three years.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Events are now evolving on a pace even faster than during Gaddafis last days in Libya. Fall of Damascus is now revised to 30 days +/-7 days depending on SAF counter strikes and the decisions from the remaining cabinet around Assad.

I don't think so. If the FSA target the Russian base just wait till the Russians get in. But with the way you have posting it almost as if you are getting paid by the hour.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

You don't have to worry about the "millions of muslims" per se, where the danger lies is in the command and control structure they are building before our very eyes, and with our own assistance.

The millions of muslims are mostly harmless. Left alone, they want the same thing as you or I - to live in peace. The political Islam wing now setting up shop and gaining steam, the Muslim Brotherhood, is what you need to watch, because one man can motivate many followers, and many men can motivate many more. The followers then become "dangerous", but are not so without the C+C to direct and move them.

Look at the centers of power they are now seizing and consolidating. They are separated by space for the moment, but just as a cancer spreads from it's origin, and merges with surrounding tumors, so will this political movement. It's not "democracy in the middle east" as has been touted, nor is that the objective. It is, pure and simple, the setup for a C+C structure to direct a faux democracy, until such time as it gains enough strngth to birth a theocracy.

Watch the leaders - the followers have no impact until they are under the leaders' thumbs and must act against externals to preserve themselves from the wrath of their internal "leaders".

look how Israel is being surrounded by these "Arab Springs". Any bets on where the next outbreak will be after Syria falls and is consolidated?

Jordan?

Lebanon?

Any bets?

My bet is on Lebanon. the Hashemites still have some strength on their own turf, and Lebanon is closer to ripeness for the picking. Fear not, however. the day of the Hashemites will come before you know it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin

Originally posted by sonnny1

Chinese and Russian made weapons.

Haven't read all comment but AK-47 are also made in the USA.

There is ONE manufacturer of Kalashnikovs in the US - Arsenal, a division of the Bulgarian arms manufacturer. the rest are just assembling them from foreign manufactured parts and a US made receiver.

The Arsenal-US made weapons are not actual assault rifles. they are all semi-auto, none are selective fire as a real assault rifle would be.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by johncarter

I don't think so. If the FSA target the Russian base just wait till the Russians get in. But with the way you have posting it almost as if you are getting paid by the hour.

Assad has fled the Capital a couple days ago it seems so this thing is in the bag all but over.
Why would the FSA target the Russian base? The Russians will be setting up shop with the new Syrian gov in a few weeks to sell them weapons and other business. Assad is at his own castle hiding under an Ottoman furniture piece or something, he is nowhere near the Russians and they probably don't want him anywhere near them.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The FSA aren't likely to target the Russians. they aren't idiots, and they know which side of the bread holds the butter, and which side has poison.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ya the Hezbollah were publicly backing Assad at the start and had to silence their fanatical speakers because it was stirring up trouble for them. Assad basically propped them up and provided the avenue for Iranian hardware for them. They will be definitely weakend with Assad gone. I think you are right in picking the obvious next domino to fall over there, Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

When the dust settles, I don't think it will matter who is left standing - the same ones doing business with the old boss will also be the same ones doing business with the new boss, and Lebanon is likely to suffer for it next. There is a history of instability there, and it's always roiling just underneath the surface - not to mention the fact that Lebanon has sea ports, which Jordan doesn't have. Those will be important fairly soon, along with the Syrian port at Latakia.

As mafioso were so fond of saying, "it's just business".

Lebanon's main saving grace has always been that they can roll with the punches, until it all boils over.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Fear not, however. the day of the Hashemites will come before you know it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
seriously curious here,

....are alll those replies to this thread actually upto date with what is happening or are these replies spontaneous click and posts ?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sorry NENO...but that is mostly not true. If a person is a CURRENT ANALYST for the Company...they are not allowed to POST ANYTHING...ANYWHERE...PERIOD! I don't care if they are comparing Average Snowfall Dates of NORWAY or FINLAND....ESPECIALLY FINLAND!....they are going into the HOLE...and depending on what they are doing...for who knows how long.

Operatives are a different manner entirely. Those they just SHOOT! Unless you have a Very Real Ability that they need...and even then...if anything that is Classified is TALKED ABOUT....THEY GET SHOT!

The Company does not look kindly upon anyone saying anything about anyone or anywhere...PERIOD!

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well, to be fair, I did say "former" and specified that, where you say "current", and that makes a world of difference.

Even at that, what you just posted about CURRENT Analysts is baloney. If you honestly believe they are gagged to the point that they are unable to speak in public about anything at all, you may have been reading too many Jame-Bondish books.

Now, I know that way too much stuff is "classified" as a matter of course via rubber-stamping stacks of paper - something on the order of 4000 items per day all across the government - but to claim that no one associated with the CIA is allowed to speak to other mortals is ludicrous.

That would be like claiming that a Field Operative moonlights as a rock star so he can maintain his low profile. It just doesn't add up in either case. They stopped cutting peoples tongues out ages ago.

edit on 2012/7/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I think we are actually on the same page but words are getting in the way. The Company employs a MASSIVE NUMBER OF PEOPLE in every country on Earth. Now remember...I am a "CIVILIAN" in a manner that the quotes denote.

You are right that some Super Low Level Company employee is pretty much free almost...to do what they will. When I hear the word ANALYST...I apply it to what I know and have been involved in and this is at a specific level where if these Analysts were to open their mouths...there would soon be a Leather Ball belted in to that mouth and believe me when I say...if this person was doing some research on an op that I was going on....you would need about 5 Guy's holding me back from Beating the S#!% out of this person...MAN OR WOMAN!

My childhood's Son very recently came home in a BOX from Afghanistan and he was a GREAT KID as well as a SNIPER who by a STUPID POLITICAL DRIVEN DIRECTIVE...made U.S. Troops move into Villages in with Afghans as a Win the Hearts and Minds type concept.

I have vast experience and training and one thing that even the most Jr. of either Military Grunts or Senior of "CIVILIANS" like myself know is...YOU DO NOT TAKE A SNIPER OFF A MOUNTAIN TOP AND BRING THEM INTO A VALLEY VILLAGE! I am not ashamed to say I shed a FEW TEARS OF BATTERY ACID the day I found out! I used to date his MOM and his DAD is my friend...and this was his THIRD TOUR!

When he came back after his second tour...we had a Party at a local Fish and Game and all of us...the OLD GANG...and we are all WELL ARMED...brought him into the local Fish and Games Rifle Range and laughably tried to give pointers out to this Battle Hardened Young Soldier...EVEN HIS MOM WAS SAYING...IN BETWEEN HEART BEATS! I am getting Misty Eyed now and must stop. But I tell you this...an Analyst shooting his mouth off....people have been killed for less. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join