It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions regarding human beings being spiritual beings having a physical experience

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
1. How did his whole thing begin. How did it all start? For example, in Christianity God out of loves creates Adam and Eve. In this case, why and how did it start? How did this whole souls evolving and reincarnating thing begin.

2. What exactly am I suppose to to best prepare for the afterlife. What is the blueprint to this reality/human life. Example, in Islam the blueprint is Quran. Tells you exactly what you must do, how to do it, what happens after we die, etc. For us who believe we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, what is the blueprint (is there a book or something?)

3. How is it all going to end. Will we all eventually merge with God/Source. Are we going to cease to exist. Will we live in bliss for all eternity. Are we going to evolve to Godhood.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
1. How did his whole thing begin. How did it all start? For example, in Christianity God out of loves creates Adam and Eve. In this case, why and how did it start? How did this whole souls evolving and reincarnating thing begin.

2. What exactly am I suppose to to best prepare for the afterlife. What is the blueprint to this reality/human life. Example, in Islam the blueprint is Quran. Tells you exactly what you must do, how to do it, what happens after we die, etc. For us who believe we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, what is the blueprint (is there a book or something?)

3. How is it all going to end. Will we all eventually merge with God/Source. Are we going to cease to exist. Will we live in bliss for all eternity. Are we going to evolve to Godhood.

1. No one knows for sure. Anyone claiming so is full of it. Just use your imagination.
2. Life IS a book.
3. See #1.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You're going to get completely different answers to these questions depending on the particular religion / spiritual beliefs of the person responding. Protestants will of course be the most forceful in declaring their answer to be the right one and all others to be false.

But I'll just share what I personally find to be fascinating and that is a long lost work called The Apocryphon of John. Of course, as with anything, take it with a grain of salt.

It's up to you what you end up putting your faith in. My only advice is: don't allow fear to play any part in what you end up believing, as that will only allow falsehoods to creep their way in.
edit on 14-7-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Interesting..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I truly believe that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. When we die, we will ascend to a higher plane of existence. We will shed our human bodies and become beings of Light.

A wise woman once said, "When the mind is enlightened, the spirit is free. The body is no longer required."
We must learn compassion and love from this human life in order to ascend.

There is no specific book that teaches this. If you look at most major religions, they all pretty much have the same basic moral code. Just be love. Love is the only thing that can save us from the depths of destruction. Love for each other, love for Mother Earth, and love for compassion and light.

Do not get caught up in this life too much. Do not give in to greed, power, or anything that will bring you bad karma. Never build something permanent in a temporary place. Believe me, this is very temporary.

All we are asked to do is be love. When that happens, whatever the universe has in store for us will fall into place. One of the most important things to remember is that we truly are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Always look up.

~Quyll

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; but rather, we are spiritual beings having a human one." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
I truly believe that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. When we die, we will ascend to a higher plane of existence. We will shed our human bodies and become beings of Light.

A wise woman once said, "When the mind is enlightened, the spirit is free. The body is no longer required."
We must learn compassion and love from this human life in order to ascend.

There is no specific book that teaches this. If you look at most major religions, they all pretty much have the same basic moral code. Just be love. Love is the only thing that can save us from the depths of destruction. Love for each other, love for Mother Earth, and love for compassion and light.

Do not get caught up in this life too much. Do not give in to greed, power, or anything that will bring you bad karma. Never build something permanent in a temporary place. Believe me, this is very temporary.

All we are asked to do is be love. When that happens, whatever the universe has in store for us will fall into place. One of the most important things to remember is that we truly are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Always look up.

~Quyll

What happens in the afterlife to those who have alot of bad karma?

At what point does meditation come into all this? What role does meditation play?

Or can we just focus on love?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Belief is just belief, it is one's own perspective. There is no proof in any belief.
edit on 14-7-2012 by nihilistic because: grammatical error

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Time for something different.... Human beings do not have spirit they only have spark, just like all the other life on this planet.

Depending on what we do in the human form decides what our spark comes back as next time.

If we do nothing that causes others to suffer, then our spark moves up to higher life forms, some people call these aliens.......... there are many.....

If we are bad.... then our spark goes down to lower life forms... yes and the worse go lower.... because the spark has shown it cannot handle conciousness.... as humans know it.

Spark is life........ But when you are spirit you can come back as anything you want.

We have a long way to go yet.... Good luck...

edit on 14-7-2012 by dontlaughthink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If religion and new-age aren't your fields of interest, the book "Savitri - A Legend and a Symbol" might interest you. This yet unequaled masterpiece was written by Sri Aurobindo, a rishi.

What Mirra Alfassa tells us about Savitri: "everything is there: mysticism, occultism, philosophy, the history of evolution, the history of man, of the gods, of creation, of Nature. How the universe was created, why, for what purpose, what destiny — all is there. You can find all the answers to all your questions there. Everything is explained, even the future of man and of the evolution, all that nobody yet knows. He has described it all in beautiful and clear words so that spiritual adventurers who wish to solve the mysteries of the world may understand it more easily. But this mystery is well hidden behind the words and lines and one must rise to the required level of true consciousness to discover it. All prophesies, all that is going to come is presented with the precise and wonderful clarity. Sri Aurobindo gives you here the key to find the Truth, to discover the Consciousness, to solve the problem of what the universe is. He has also indicated how to open the door of the Inconscience so that the light may penetrate there and transform it. He has shown the path, the way to liberate oneself from the ignorance and climb up to the superconscience; each stage, each plane of consciousness, how they can be scaled, how one can cross even the barrier of death and attain immortality. You will find the whole journey in detail, and as you go forward you can discover things altogether unknown to man. That is Savitri and much more yet. It is a real experience — reading Savitri. All the secrets that man possessed, He has revealed, — as well as all that awaits him in the future; all this is found in the depth of Savitri. But one must have the knowledge to discover it all, the experience of the planes of consciousness, the experience of the Supermind, even the experience of the conquest of Death. He has noted all the stages, marked each step in order to advance integrally in the integral Yoga.".

Personally, it is my bible.

Savitri - A Legend and a Symbol (wiki & pdf)

edit on 14-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Thanks, I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
as far as anyone knows you only live once so stop preparing for the afterlife you wont have and live now. get past the idea that you wont come back after you die and make this one count. you dont have to go all out crazy but enjoy yourself. do what makes you happy and do what makes other people happy.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
as far as anyone knows you only live once so stop preparing for the afterlife you wont have and live now. get past the idea that you wont come back after you die and make this one count. you dont have to go all out crazy but enjoy yourself. do what makes you happy and do what makes other people happy.

What is one suppose to do about all the OBE's, NDE's, people seeings ghosts, seeing dead relatives etc. People feeling their chakras/3rd eye. All the paranormal stuff, have you visited this sites paranormal section? There's too much out of the ordinary things happening to think that we dont survive death.....?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I use and understand the word"spirit", in only two ways: "mean-spirited"=angry, and "spirits"=alcoholic beverage. I know the word "spirit", is used to indicate ghosts, but I don't believe in ghosts. When I read or hear the word "spirit" as denoting consciousness, then I think it has attached some mystical baggage to it, which I also find to be fictional. So, for me at least, "spiritualism" is an empty word, and I can't bring myself to faking that I know what it refers to, let alone getting into metaphysical word-play about an "after-life".
Perhaps my western philosophy readings have marginalized me from the pop-culture words like "spiritual", since I've never had a spiritual experience. But I do feel more clear-minded without it

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

i dont believe in unproven supernatural claims

and yes ive seen the forums ive been here for a while
edit on 14-7-2012 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

What are your thoughts when people say they saw a ghost, or a supernatural ouija board experience or visited the astral plane etc. ?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Father wanted to create another like himself, but different from the angels. It started with Father wanting to do this. He told all of above what will be, and they all weighed in on how man should be (parameters, environment, etc.) The souls evolving would be equated to learning down here. Instead of programming man to be perfect, man must learn perfectness on his own, for it to be truly perfect.

The Golden Rule, treat others as self, love encompasses all the rules into one.

I will use this quote:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

Learn from your life experiences, watch the signs. When you have that inner urge that you did something wrong, or you need to do something, follow it.

You will live with Father, once you have done all that is needed to do. Reference point 1.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

id say prove it. which you'd imagine would be easy to do, but its always some hallucination or personal experience that can never be replicated.

and no i dont think you can survive death after you brain ceases live, there are ways to resuscitate someone but after a while the brain damage would be too much.
edit on 14-7-2012 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

They cant be proven because it is out the realm of science. There are things that science can't explain. Perhaps in the future science will evolve. When it comes to metaphysics and the paranormal, everything tends to be subjective. If it was objective we would all be in the know.

edit on 14-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

im ok with unexplainable things but everyone wants to give it a name which is wrong. science is the best way of explaining things. extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. cant believe anything just because.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join