It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions regarding human beings being spiritual beings having a physical experience

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

your sig

deny ignorance with an iron fist
I say Defy ignorance, with a hand, from God,,,,,

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

These extraordinary things cant be "proven" because it is all subjective.

Science is controlled, ask anyone here on ats..

There are certain things the elites want us to stay away from which include the paranormal and metaphysics.

Are we really going to trust mainstream science?

There is science that says there is evidence of an afterlife, evidence of a soul, etc. Will you believe this?

You can either see/experience it for yourself(unlikely) or you can actually trust what people say. Way too many people from all over the world cant all be lying, hallucinating or whatever....think about it.

*U2U them. They will gladly share their stories. They have nothing to gain by sharing their stories. Why would they waste their time telling a stranger something false? Think about it.*

You can't just wait for science to explain everything. Mere mortals are behind science. You have to look for truths yourself.

edit on 14-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

"These extraordinary things cant be "proven" because it is all subjective."

Precisely.

"Science is controlled, ask anyone here on ats..."

Don't be silly.

"There are certain things the elites want us to stay away from which include the paranormal and metaphysics."

It's just the opposite.

"Are we really going to trust mainstream science?"

Are we really going to trust all that other lot?

"There is science that says there is evidence of an afterlife, evidence of a soul, etc. Will you believe this?"

No there isn't.

"You can either see/experience it for yourself(unlikely) or you can actually trust what people say. Way too many people from all over the world cant all be lying, hallucinating or whatever....think about it."

Why is it unlikely and why trust?

*U2U them. They will gladly share their stories. They have nothing to gain by sharing their stories. Why would they waste their time telling a stranger something false? Think about it.*"

I'm sure they would!

"You can't just wait for science to explain everything. Mere mortals are behind science. You have to look for truths yourself."

Mere mortals are behind science!!

Smashing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

What happens in the afterlife to those who have alot of bad karma?

At what point does meditation come into all this? What role does meditation play?

Or can we just focus on love?

It is widely believed that those people with bad karma come back in a human body. They must try to re-learn the lessons that the universe tried to teach them the first time. If they finally learn love and compassion, ascension is then possible.

Until they learn the lessons, their soul is encased in a human body. It's a good motivation to finally learn love and compassion.

Meditation is an amazing thing. I believe the purpose of Meditation is to reach your higher self.
In every human being, the higher self is waiting to be freed. I believe that meditation brings you closer to your higher self, and farther away from the "reality" of this world. It is incredibly important that human beings meditate to experiance your higher self. Through meditation, you will realize that we truly are spiritual beings having a human experience.

This is just my interpretation. Take it as you will.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Perhaps my western philosophy readings have marginalized me from the pop-culture words like "spiritual", since I've never had a spiritual experience. But I do feel more clear-minded without it

Having not experienced the differential between you spiritual self and your physical self how can you possibly say you are more clearer minded without it?

At sometime in all our lives, there comes a moment of realization that our consciousness is a separate thing from our physical form. For some people it is reading and then experiencing an epiphany, for others it is a trauma that leaves us with no doubt about our true being.

I guess some people never get it but I have a feeling that at some stage in our lives everybody eventually does, even if it is just before death.

I suspect that most people who think they are just animated pieces of meat, find reassurance that they can do what ever they like without any lasting consequence providing they get away with it.

It is a great pity that you have not yet had a spiritual experience. I have arrived at the conclusion that most scientific minds (left lobed people) have only been exercising the one half of their brains to the detriment of the other. They have allowed their intuitive side to atrophy, which makes it nearly impossible to gain spiritual in-site.

I thank you for your sacrifice, because of your one sided thinking we have gained much on the physical plane but sadly it is to your detriment that you haven't had time yet to ponder on who you really are.

edit on 14-7-2012 by kennyb72 because: added quote

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by vjr1113

Science is controlled, ask anyone here on ats.. Are we really going to trust mainstream science?

Well ALMOST anyone...

Not only is it controlled, it is controlled by people with an agenda that is diabolical beyond comprehension.

This knowledge puts the OP way ahead of the maddening crowd and to those who are telling the OP to look at the massive fraud that pretends to be "science", get a CLUE.

There are certain things the elites want us to stay away from....

Exactly, and it always involves hiding the TRUTH and MOST of the time it is about covering up the truth about God and the REAL history of the Earth.

Science is one huge mind control OP with a stealth agenda that is actually pretty easy to spot once you realize what their real agenda is all about.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In regards to your question #3 - we don't evolve and then merge - we come to recognize, and ultimately experience, that we already are.

Question #2 - No one can tell you the "right" way to approach your life and journey - only what has and hasn't worked for them. The one underlying factor is the desire to seek IMO.

Question #1 - I would suggest reexamining that age old question when you are further along in your journey at best. Our lives and stories are here and now.

edit on 7/14/2012 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

Precisely.

Don't be silly.

"There are certain things the elites want us to stay away from which include the paranormal and metaphysics."

It's just the opposite.

"There is science that says there is evidence of an afterlife, evidence of a soul, etc. Will you believe this?"

No there isn't.

"You can either see/experience it for yourself(unlikely) or you can actually trust what people say. Way too many people from all over the world cant all be lying, hallucinating or whatever....think about it."

*U2U them. They will gladly share their stories. They have nothing to gain by sharing their stories. Why would they waste their time telling a stranger something false? Think about it.*"

I'm sure they would!

"You can't just wait for science to explain everything. Mere mortals are behind science. You have to look for truths yourself."

Smashing.

hey im just saying, read his post a little bit more carefully, i don't think you read it right....

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
honestly, i think science the way we as humans do it has rules, limitations, and is very strict and restrictive sometimes, because WE make it that way.

the breakthrough that will be made will be the one that destroys those limitations, finally allowing everyone that followed sciences rules to break free and really make some new awesome thing.

please don't bring up moral ethicasy, because neither you or i know what that invention will be.

science is a strict path, and you gotta do it this way or that, with everyone telling you what to do on top of it.

certain things come out of that. and certain things wont (because bad people don't like cures for diseases)

there are a whole bunch of really sciency things out there that scientists wont even go near because they think its fake bull feces ( lol ) or it doesnt fit the cookie cutter of science the way they are forced or narrowly decide to perceive it.

sure you could say "everything is science, science is everything" i agree.

but they don't.

and that is why we are still stuck here the way we are, sick, dying, suffering, limited by the powers that be.

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
reply to post by trysts

Perhaps my western philosophy readings have marginalized me from the pop-culture words like "spiritual", since I've never had a spiritual experience. But I do feel more clear-minded without it

Having not experienced the differential between you spiritual self and your physical self how can you possibly say you are more clearer minded without it?

At sometime in all our lives, there comes a moment of realization that our consciousness is a separate thing from our physical form. For some people it is reading and then experiencing an epiphany, for others it is a trauma that leaves us with no doubt about our true being.

I guess some people never get it but I have a feeling that at some stage in our lives everybody eventually does, even if it is just before death.

I suspect that most people who think they are just animated pieces of meat, find reassurance that they can do what ever they like without any lasting consequence providing they get away with it.

It is a great pity that you have not yet had a spiritual experience. I have arrived at the conclusion that most scientific minds (left lobed people) have only been exercising the one half of their brains to the detriment of the other. They have allowed their intuitive side to atrophy, which makes it nearly impossible to gain spiritual in-site.

I thank you for your sacrifice, because of your one sided thinking we have gained much on the physical plane but sadly it is to your detriment that you haven't had time yet to ponder on who you really are.

edit on 14-7-2012 by kennyb72 because: added quote

Thanks for the reply, kennyb

Since I've never experienced any type of spiritualism, except reading or listening to other people's account of it, then I feel comparatively clearer of mind when communicating. Whenever I do listen or read other people trying to describe it, it makes no sense to me.

When I did realize the difference between mind and body, through reading some of the wonderful thinkers in the history of philosophy, it became an unresolved puzzle for me. I lean towards the solution to that puzzle being a problem of language, but I'm not sure on the matter.

I think I will leave life not knowing much about what it was all about. I'm not awaiting some ontological epiphany, but I'm open to epiphanies about other things in life.

I don't think of myself, nor anyone else(including animals), as an "animated piece of meat". I do not derive my moral attitudes from mystical things, but through getting along with other free beings in this world and the empathy of other's plight in the world.

I'm not well read on the left/right lobe thing, so I don't have much input there, but who I "really" am, is always going to be who I presently am. So I imagine changing constantly, even if those changes are only viewed and understood by me alone.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I don't think of myself, nor anyone else(including animals), as an "animated piece of meat". I do not derive my moral attitudes from mystical things, but through getting along with other free beings in this world and the empathy of other's plight in the world.

Empathy is a highly treasured aspect of our spirituality. It is not a forced response like getting on with others or face the physical consequences. There are things we do in life that are a response and a learned behavior, much like not putting our hand in the fire, empathy on the other hand (not the burnt one
) is an innate spiritual quality.

If you want to understand what spirituality is, then consider what it is that gives you empathy for others. If you truly feel empathy for others, then you are well on your way to spiritual understanding.

edit on 14-7-2012 by kennyb72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

reply to post by vjr1113

Science is controlled, ask anyone here on ats.. Are we really going to trust mainstream science?

Well ALMOST anyone...

Not only is it controlled, it is controlled by people with an agenda that is diabolical beyond comprehension.

This knowledge puts the OP way ahead of the maddening crowd and to those who are telling the OP to look at the massive fraud that pretends to be "science", get a CLUE.

There are certain things the elites want us to stay away from....

Exactly, and it always involves hiding the TRUTH and MOST of the time it is about covering up the truth about God and the REAL history of the Earth.

Science is one huge mind control OP with a stealth agenda that is actually pretty easy to spot once you realize what their real agenda is all about.

Science is a tool. It is subservient to us, we're not subservient to us. It merely observes and records, it doesn't tell you how to live. Next thing you know you're going to get mad at a hammer for hitting a nail.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by trysts

Empathy is a highly treasured aspect of our spirituality. It is not a forced response like getting on with others or face the physical consequences. There are things we do in life that are a response and a learned behavior, much like not putting our hand in the fire, empathy on the other hand (not the burnt one
) is an innate spiritual quality.

If you want to understand what spirituality is, then consider what it is that gives you empathy for others. If you truly feel empathy for others, then you are well on your way to spiritual understanding.

edit on 14-7-2012 by kennyb72 because: (no reason given)

I don't look upon empathy as anything innate. I look upon it as reasoning and practice. It is something learned, and from practice it becomes intuitive--a habit of the mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I don't look upon empathy as anything innate. I look upon it as reasoning and practice. It is something learned, and from practice it becomes intuitive--a habit of the mind.

So you are suggesting that you had to be trained to be empathetic because it is logical to be kind and caring towards others. What you are describing is programming yourself to respond in a certain way. That is not empathy because empathy comes from the heart, empathy is the same as the emotion of love it is innate for perhaps the majority of the human race. Believe me empathetic people do not have to be trained to love each other.

Your use of the word intuitive is also unusual as we do not train ourselves to be intuitive. Through repetition we can train our subconscious to provide an auto response but that is not the same as intuition.

It is clear from our brief exchange that you do not share the belief that our spirit and body are different items. Our bodies have mass and our spirit is pure energy. I gather from your post that you are a left lobed person and because of this you would have no problem in understanding the concept of quantum entanglement.

I believe one day, in the not too distant future, science will eventually make the connection between body and spirit, if some have not already done so! Then perhaps you will become a spiritualist because science will teach you how it is possible. It is a shame that you could not arrive at that conclusion through your own intuition.

My intuition tells me that the Higgs field is a manifestation of the mind and that nothing has mass until it is observed, Einstein summed it up when he suggested that reality in nothing but a persistent illusion. Einstein was a very intuitive scientist who used all of his brain.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Precisely.

Don't be silly.

It's just the opposite.

No there isn't.

I'm sure they would!

Smashing.

"Precisely."

So just because YOU dont experience something its false?

"why trust?"

Because at a certain point you have to realize that they cant all be lying or hallucination or whatever. There is way too many, all over the world.

"I'm sure they would!"

So your saying their just making the stories up? I ask you, why would they waste their time telling a stranger something false??

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

reply to post by trysts

So you are suggesting that you had to be trained to be empathetic because it is logical to be kind and caring towards others. What you are describing is programming yourself to respond in a certain way. That is not empathy because empathy comes from the heart, empathy is the same as the emotion of love it is innate for perhaps the majority of the human race. Believe me empathetic people do not have to be trained to love each other.

Your use of the word intuitive is also unusual as we do not train ourselves to be intuitive. Through repetition we can train our subconscious to provide an auto response but that is not the same as intuition.

It is clear from our brief exchange that you do not share the belief that our spirit and body are different items. Our bodies have mass and our spirit is pure energy. I gather from your post that you are a left lobed person and because of this you would have no problem in understanding the concept of quantum entanglement.

I believe one day, in the not too distant future, science will eventually make the connection between body and spirit, if some have not already done so! Then perhaps you will become a spiritualist because science will teach you how it is possible. It is a shame that you could not arrive at that conclusion through your own intuition.

My intuition tells me that the Higgs field is a manifestation of the mind and that nothing has mass until it is observed, Einstein summed it up when he suggested that reality in nothing but a persistent illusion. Einstein was a very intuitive scientist who used all of his brain.

I think "love" is separate from "empathy". The feelings I have which I call "love", are private to me alone. Love is not something I analyse, nor is it something I am capable of having for strangers. Love is my intimate feelings for a particular person. Empathy, for me, is the basis for moral conduct in this world. My own experiences, and the experiences of strangers who I read, watch, or listen to gives me the information I require to understand what I can of their own plight in this world. From that information I can reason the effects my actions may have upon them, as well as being able to make general assumptions regarding the appropriate moral conduct towards them.
For instance, people don't know that killing someone is morally wrong unless they reason it out using the idea of empathy. Many ignore the personal responsibility of having to learn morality. Instead, many people defer that responsibility to an authority figure, such as the State allowing you to kill without punishment, or a text commanding you not to kill for fear of punishment. I don't find a hint of empathy, and thus not a hint of morality as I see it, in deferring the responsibility of learning and practicing empathy and morality, to an authority.

About "intuition", I would like to use the example of the game of chess. I look at intuition as being a habit of the mind. In chess, after playing thousands of games, I am able to "know" what to do in certain positions, without calculating. I would not even be able to explain why I know a move is"better", or "worse" in certain positions. That is "intuition" for me. Meaning I have viewed so many similar positions throughout many years that to the spectator it appears to come "naturally", but in reality it is the culmination of years of experience. There is nothing mystical or innate about it.

I don't know what you mean by "spirit" when you refer to it as "energy". This seems a physicist's word. And of course I can't speak about quantum mechanics, because I've never studied it.

I must say I very much enjoy this dialogue. Thank you, kennyb

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

"So just because YOU dont experience something its false?"

I didn't say that.

"Because at a certain point you have to realize that they cant all be lying or hallucination or whatever. There is way too many, all over the world."

I don't have to realise anything.,,and who decides what's way too many?
And of course...way too many what?

"So your saying their just making the stories up? I ask you, why would they waste their time telling a stranger something false??"

You tell me.

And may I say...

I have forgotten more with regard to the esoteric than you currently think you know.
In fact so much more that I realise that I don't know anything.

Midicon.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

"So just because YOU dont experience something its false?"

I didn't say that.

"Because at a certain point you have to realize that they cant all be lying or hallucination or whatever. There is way too many, all over the world."

I don't have to realise anything.,,and who decides what's way too many?
And of course...way too many what?

"So your saying their just making the stories up? I ask you, why would they waste their time telling a stranger something false??"

You tell me.

And may I say...

I have forgotten more with regard to the esoteric than you currently think you know.
In fact so much more that I realise that I don't know anything.

Midicon.

You intended to say that.

Way too many testimonies about peoples paranormal/metaphysical experiences. Seeing ghosts jesus, ouija board, chakras/meditation stuff, OBE's, astral projecting. weird stuff like seeing blue orb then it disapears etc.

"I have forgotten more with regard to the esoteric than you currently think you know.
In fact so much more that I realise that I don't know anything."

What exactly do you mean by esoteric?

What do you mean you know nothing?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

"You intended to say that."

That was never my intention.

"Way too many testimonies about peoples paranormal/metaphysical experiences. Seeing ghosts jesus, ouija board, chakras/meditation stuff, OBE's, astral projecting. weird stuff like seeing blue orb then it disapears etc."

Piffle...and not only that list...but where you are at the moment.

"What exactly do you mean by esoteric?"

Go look it up!

"What do you mean you know nothing?"

I am wise.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

1. How did his whole thing begin. How did it all start? For example, in Christianity God out of loves creates Adam and Eve. In this case, why and how did it start? How did this whole souls evolving and reincarnating thing begin.

There was no start, there is only middle, but you can't be told this, you must know this, and to know this takes an infinite number of experiences, it never stops. The key is to try and know your part, not all parts. By knowing your part, you'll know more about the other parts.

2. What exactly am I suppose to to best prepare for the afterlife. What is the blueprint to this reality/human life. Example, in Islam the blueprint is Quran. Tells you exactly what you must do, how to do it, what happens after we die, etc. For us who believe we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, what is the blueprint (is there a book or something?)

There is no afterlife, there is only afterbody. This isn't relevant, the body is the hard part, without a body is the easier part. The body is a limitation, one that stays with the body. To prepare for afterbody is foolish, you're in a body now to increase your awareness about the you that is in the body.

3. How is it all going to end. Will we all eventually merge with God/Source. Are we going to cease to exist. Will we live in bliss for all eternity. Are we going to evolve to Godhood.

There is no end, only middle. You can't know that from here, not reason you should and no reason to try, as your brain can't even know all there is to know about earth - let alone all things. Eventually, and that is eventually, you'll know all you need to know, and you'll simply go on to more and more experiences, experiences that are not fraught with the earth's horrible limitations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join