It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sage Stallone found dead at 36

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

ATS forbids discussion of legalization, but I'm sure you noticed my Ron Paul banner. I have no problem with people using herbs, any herbs, for their own benefit. I think 90% of drugs should be legalized, and I think prostitution should be legalized, and I think petty theft should come with an indentured servitude penalty to the injured party, instead of jail time, LOL!

The problem with prescription drugs, are that they come from trusted professionals. Most rational people are skeptical about illegal drugs, but the prescription drugs, prescribed by experts, and distributed by experts, and approved by insurance plans, seem to be safe. They're not.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'm also a professed libertarian, which these days means I am both extreme right and extreme left in my views, LOL!

I'm not proposing new drug laws necessarily, but I am proposing that pain management doctors should be trained in pain management. I'm proposing that drug marketing shouldn't be so broad that basically every symptom they advertise is something that every person listening has from time to time.

Healthcare should have a higher ethical requirement than just regular ol' capitalism. We should be able to trust that our doctors are telling us the whole truth, all the time, and not just following accepted protocol, or getting kickbacks from drug companies.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Normally I would read each and every entry but today I am jumping in after 2 pages to write that in addition to Sage Stallone being dead,come to find out that Marie Osmond's 18 year old son who suffered from depression was found dead today.
How tragic for both families!I read that Sage had been dead for possibly days before the maid found him.What in the heck is going on out there/in this world?My heart goes out to all who will grieve them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just wait ....the coming LIVER deaths. Watch your family members slowly die from the side effects of the GOOD pills. Those GREAT cholesterol pills are distroying your liver and the pill pushers KNOW it.

Very sad about Sage...too young.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

I'm sure with all the pills we take these days, there are drug interactions no one has ever come close to imagining. I'm sure you are probably right about liver toxicity. "Fatty Liver" has been on the rise for quite some time, but it has been blamed on our diets, what if it is the cholesterol drugs, or BP drugs, or over the counter drugs, or something in our environment?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by MrWendal

I can get a script of 50 pills for roughly $40.00. Now if 50 pills can last me a full year because I am not always in pain... well, if I was inclined to do so I could just take 25 to work with me and sell them for $5.00 each.

Try more like $12 to $20 a piece!

You could easily take half your pills, sell the other half, make several hundred dollars, and go back to your doc and get a refill, and not only that, but the longer you do this, the more pills, stronger pills, and more frequent refills the doctor could justify based on your history. Even if the doctor is drug testing you to make sure you are taking the pills and not just selling them, as long as you are consistently taking some of them, you'll pass the tests.

No, it's not that cheap. I had minor surgery 2 weeks ago and had a script for 25 loritab. It cost me $23.00 at Walgreens for generic hydrocodone, the antibiotics also cost me the same amount for a 20 count.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
Just wait ....the coming LIVER deaths. Watch your family members slowly die from the side effects of the GOOD pills. Those GREAT cholesterol pills are distroying your liver and the pill pushers KNOW it.

Very sad about Sage...too young.

The fact of the matter is, that typically the first couple dosages of opioids is pleasurable in terms of euphoria related to the drug. Also the pain relief. The pain relief is primary, but quickly becomes secondary as the dosing continues over days. What was pain relief becomes the sought after 'feel good'. It's the nature of the drug.

Also the additional drugs contained with in the opioid pill groups often causes severe damage and side effects to the kidneys and liver.
There are no success stories with recreational drugs.

But what is of the main importance here is the Death of Sylvester Stallone's son. He is very likely in the throws of agony mentally, and feeling somehow responsible for His Sons demise. Sylvester has always been a straight up guy, and whether or not you care for his films, Sympathy is in order. And as it's said that no parent should outlive their children, some are not so lucky. After all when Your own child dies ahead of you, some of your immortality dies along with them.
I pray that Sylvester and the rest of His family will find comfort from within and make it through this devastating time. They will find strength from each other. May Sage rest in the bosom of the Lord, eternity awaits.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I think you misunderstood. You can get 20 for one pill on the street. I knew someone back in the tristate area, used to get paid to go visit with dieing people. Paid companion prettymuch, and a bit of light housekeeping. When they did die, they cleaned out the medicine cabinet, would make a boatload of money off the painkillers. That person has gone back to mexico.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Just wondering, are you a disinfo agent?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

I don't think he is, I would probably have the same opinion as him if I wasn't immersed in this issue. To the general public these pill deaths are just junkies overdosing. No one has much sympathy for that. The problem the public doesn't see is that the majority of these deaths are not junkies, and they are not always overdoses. Sometimes they are misfilled prescriptions, sometimes they are drug interactions, sometimes they are inexperienced doctors prescribing too much for the situation. Sometimes they really are overdoses, but only after a temporary need became a permanent addiction, because the doctors and insurance companies would rather mask pain than address the root cause. It is cheaper and more profitable to create a repeat pain customer than it is to find expensive cures.

I'm typically one of the jaded ones that would say, "Good, one less junkie." But people like that don't realize this problem is a systemic problem, and it will eventually affect each and every one of us!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

he was murdered like all other Hollywood's poor people
no adult is so stupid to kill himself by accident with drugs he is "taking " for years.
it ain't happen to non of u so y it's happen 2 them?!?
sacrificed to the Illuminati like Amy,Whitney,Brittany Murphy (look at the poster of her latest movie) all just in the past year

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I do believe you that this is a serious problem in California, if that's your state, but let's be honest here, the pandemic is located in or near Beverly Hills. The celebs doctor shop and pay a lot of money to have a doctor that won't refuse requests for more drugs. Pharma profits once those prescriptions are filled. Lest we forget Michael Jackson, may he rest in peace.

If they have multiple doctors, shouldn't there be a system in place monitoring the prescriptions you fill at any pharmacy in your region? There is where I live. I'm on a lot of pills and when I go to another doctor asking for meds he is looking at his monitor seeing what meds I'm on, making sure I'm telling the truth because he is not my regular GP, so if i attempt to ask this other doctor for a new medication he refuses saying I need to ask my own GP. Again this is the same with the various pharmacies I fill my prescriptions at. There's cross- checking.
They know if I didn't fill my prescriptions so I can't lie I've been using them. The pharmacists look out for drug interactions with multiple drugs.

I've also got a very decent pharmacist in my town who talks to each patient personally, you sit in a small booth with him, if the medicine has serous side effects and he will give his own opinion of drugs that are bad for you, even though he is not supposed to interfere and say that. He prints off several pages explaining any new drug and is always available to phone if you have questions with a strange side effect.

Do you have this system in place?

The blame is with the pharmaceutical companies and mostly and more importantly the greedy doctors who prescribe these drugs. but let's not blame the victim please.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

My state is Florida.

A friend of mine just got back from a trip to Largo, and he said the place has gone way down hill since his last visit there. Pain Clinics on every corner and pill poppers walking the streets.

The problem is the worst in Florida at the moment, but it is coming to your hometown any time now. The drugs are on the verge of becoming generics, and organized crime is involved now, and if you haven't already been affected, you will be soon enough.

The only weapon against it is education. Make sure to share the dangers of the drugs, the ease of becoming addicted, and the dangers of drug interactions, and stay actively involved in your friends and families lives so you can be a voice of reason when they need it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rourke

Thank you for your service. It's a good thing I would rather die before going to a doctor. Just insane. Plus, the doctors are way over my paycheck.
. There are days where I am in pain but I don't see a doctor for it. I give it a couple of days and it goes away.

I live with one that you describe. And I swear, she can be her own pharmacy. She has more drugs then I can keep up with. lol And I am like, seriously.
... When she falls ill, I don't play around, because with that much medication and mixing the cocktail, something is bound to happen.

I have to shake my head with all her meds. It's just crazy. Even with with her daughter. You have to have like 2 medicine cabinets just to hold their meds combined.

You know, when the paramedics came to my house the first night that they moved in here and her daughter got taken to the back of the bus, the mother strolls over to the bus with a a box of medication that her daughter was on. After I saw that, I was like WTH. I was just in awe at the time and was wondering what was going through the minds of the paramedics.

edit on 16-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join