It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget Cuts Will Kill Safety Program That Caught Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria Outbreaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Budget Cuts Will Kill Safety Program That Caught Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria Outbreaks

abcnews.go.com

Food safety advocates are frantically trying to save a little-known produce inspection program that accounts for 80 percent of all government testing of produce and has prompted recalls of tainted fruits and vegetables around the country, including an April recall of bagged spinach contaminated with salmonella.

The Microbiological Data Program (MDP), part of the USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), has been slashed from the Obama administration's 2013 budget request, which says that other government agencies have better resources with which to test produce. Food safety advocates a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is just maddening all around. A program that helps stop horrific food poisonings is being taken away to save money. Makes you wonder how much money would be spent to save the lives of people who get ill.

Though there are other programs, sometimes more can be good. I just don't like this idea. It rather fits wrong with me in many ways.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As long as there is still money for war, tax breaks for mega-corps and bank bailouts, then sure let's gut everything else.

Our world is falling apart here. We are getting screwed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Greetings sarra1833, ATS Readers, Writers,

ANOTHER story popping up on cutting health care, or health safety checks, etc...! They are all over the news for quite some time really.

Yet as a poster from Texas states, sure enough money to continue wars though!
It is a sick world dude!

I am going to ADD this thread to a post I made a bit ago here on ATS as ANOTHER example of an agenda I see happening.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My opinion is that it is all tied back to a depopulation agenda of some sorts..

S&F for bringing this to ATS readers.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Seriously, I had read another post on some site today where (forgot what State) they dropped firefighters, policemen and other city workers to minimum wage to try and save their budget deficit all over. Workers went from like 900 a check to 300, maybe 350 - and they're like you and me: kids, spouse who maybe does or does not work.....

So let me get this straight. They'll screw over their workers, AND peoples health and safety just to save a buck to fix the issues they got themselves into.
"Well, we can do x y and z and then when we're in trouble monetarily, let's make the citizens below us suffer so we can get back what WE lost."
Disgusting. Absolutely stomach churning disgusting.

Dont get me wrong: I've known this for ages now. Just some things you have to 'verbalize' out of stark disbelief.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
does this mean we are all going to get sick from E.Coli?

OP do you know what the E means in E.Coli
or did you assume it was all one word, just asking???
edit on 11-7-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Here you go. It's a terrifying virus.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

en.wikipedia.org...

you didnt answer my question.

see ya!!

BTW its a bacteria, not a virus. Strep and Staph are also Bacteria, not virus....what are they teaching you kids in school these days

the real question not being addressed, is E.Coli found systemically in our foods or on them?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What's the use of paying for the FDA if they don't actually do anything. Get rid of the bigwheel paper pushers and keep the inspectors.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that they would cut that. Cancer and HIV are not doing a good job at population control anymore. They've got to thin the herd somehow right?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wash your food, don't buy organic and you should be fine.
www.science20.com...
edit on 11-7-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I'm not surprised that they would cut that. Cancer and HIV are not doing a good job at population control anymore. They've got to thin the herd somehow right?

UV/C light and Ozone has eliminated the effects of HIV

yes, the world need a good virus and a big world war or we will all starve

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

en.wikipedia.org...

ok, I figured out your mind set

you think the Ebola Virus and E.Coli Bacteria are the same thing.

you just keep slugging away at the world and you will figure it all out

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
www.science20.com...

Oh, some kind of arrow pointing at organic. ONLY GET ORGANIC. LOCAL IF POSSIBLE. Life is a precious thing, and all the food is being deliberately poisoned.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by DavidWillts
www.science20.com...

Oh, some kind of arrow pointing at organic. ONLY GET ORGANIC. LOCAL IF POSSIBLE. Life is a precious thing, and all the food is being deliberately poisoned.

If the food is deliberately being poisoned its organic food that is being poisoned, organic produce produces more e.coli than GMO and that is a fact.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Gee, we would starve without their evil asses eh? We need them murdering humans off nonstop, do we?

They always speculated the whole earth would fit in Australia. For sure we could all have farms in Canada if people weren't afraid of the North Country. In other words, the problem to every single person, without forcing or slavery of any kind, only able bodied volunteering (think Venus Project), to having their own wonderful homes and ample food, (we would also have imports, even with the Venus Project, but basics are in our own homes, all energy free, off grid, recycled water, and built of recycled materials)

What is stopping us from solving the world's problems and having everyone, every single person on this planet in every single country, safe and sound within a few months to a year?

Why don't we all have our own land and resources?

Its criminal, and NO WE DON'T REQUIRE WARS OR DISEASE! THAT MINDSET REQUIRES PRISONS.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

We've never needed them to lend us a helpful hand in killing our children and families. They are not doing us a favor, only their greed and filling their very messy diapers to overflowing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The solutions are all around us. And it begins with community.

Also community needs to wake up and get some presses going, free newsletters, media, so they can take to account their wayward employees, because the so called leaders we elect are nothing more than a mechanic fixing your car, they are hired in position of trust to not wreck your car, ie. these leaders are hired to do a good job for YOU, not the rich elite, and not wreck your sovereign infinite rights, after all YOU ARE THEIR EMPLOYER AND ITS A POSITION OF TRUST THEY'RE VIOLATING.

Why do I get the feeling they're doing this to attack the organic food industry, which is I gather a threat to Monsanto?
edit on 11-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

F&S for the OP. This is exactly what the TP/GOP means when they talk about slashing government spending. They're talking about eliminating every program that doesn't directly benefit their ability to make more money.

Who needs food safety programs anyway? As soon as the poor get a little hungrier, all we have to do is to give them a little of the untested food first by making it a priority item when purchasing with food stamps and we'll have a fool proof guinea pig program in place for free. I mean really, who needs inspectors when we have the poor.

IMO, nothing could be worse for America than today's TP/GOP mentality. Not even a nuclear armed Iran could destroy America as quickly as their ideology will if left unchecked.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Food has never been safe. Government oversight cannot help.

So many people to feed and megatons of food to do it. Law of averages here. People are going to die.

Wash your food, cook it correctly, and stop relying on the government. It is so simple.

You want safe food, here comes the FSMA. Now small companies can't produce their products because their bottom lines have been slashed to pay the sensless cost of food safety compliance. Everybodies jobs become more difficult, it all looks good on paper, but is still useless.

The responsibility should be on the consumer. HACCP is a joke when applied to raw product. It was just a scam to satisfy lazy consumers.

But in the end, it gave the FDA somebody to come down on since they can't do anything about pharma.

They let drugs out that make little boys develope breasts, but the food industry is the one with problems.... please.....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
As long as there is still money for war, tax breaks for mega-corps and bank bailouts, then sure let's gut everything else.

Our world is falling apart here. We are getting screwed.
Well said.The status quo is enraging more and more of us.Its intolerable and needs to end.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Right "money for wars" and all that crap when the simple fact that the majority of the federal spending is for entitlements to the tune of over 2.5 trillion dollars, and the fact that more has been spent on entitlements than there has ever been spent on "wars" and the most famous villian defense spending.

Guess the current adminstration wants people to die had enough money to bail out Egypt, and Pakistan, and other foreign countries.

They had enough money when they spent that $787 billion, then they were repaid the Tarp funds, they have increased taxes on smokers, and tanners, and with the passage of OBamacare that has over 20 new taxes in it.

They are cutting the budget for a food safety program?

How about firing the new 13000 IRS agents how about cutting the funding to arm them while we are at it.

Oh well evil defense spending yadda yadda yadda.

Evil Tp/gop yadda yadda yadda even tho the current power struicture in the goverment is 2/3's democratic majority,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join