It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Tesla, Greatest Geek to Ever Live!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Happy Tesla Day!

In honor of Nikola Tesla's birthday, I wanted to share this fun, informative and cool link with you all! It tells about the life of Tesla and about his rivalry with Thomas Edison. Here are some excerpts.
theoatmeal.com...

Tesla lived to be 86 and remained celibate his entire life. He thought marriage would detract him from his work.

He died alone in New York, with only a pigeon for a companion.

“I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.

I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life.”

"Over 100 years ago, Tesla started fixing things that were not broke"

Another sweet thing about Tesla is that he conducted the sort of crazy experiments that generally result in hordes of angry villagers breaking down the door to your lab with torches and pitchforks. One time, while he was working on magnetic resonance, he discovered the resonant frequency of the Earth and caused an earthquake so powerful that it almost obliterated the 5th Avenue New York building that housed his Frankenstein Castle of a laboratory. Stuff was flying off the walls, the drywall was breaking apart, the cops were coming after him, and Tesla had to smash his device with a sledge hammer to keep it from demolishing an entire city block. Later, he boasted that he could have built a device powerful enough to split the Earth in two. Nobody dared him to prove it.

www.badassoftheweek.com...

Nikola Tesla was one of those super-genius badasses whose intellect placed him dangerously on the precipice between "great scientific mind" and "utter madness". He held 700 patents at the time of his death, made groundbreaking discoveries in the fields of physics, robotics, steam turbine engineering, and magnetism, and once melted one of his assistants' hands by overloading it with X-rays - which isn't really scientific, but is still pretty cool. And honestly, if there were one man on this planet who was ever capable of single-handedly destroying the entire planet through his insane scientific discoveries, it was Tesla. That alone should qualify him as a pretty righteous badass.

Tesla spoke 8 languages, Czech, German, English, Serbian, French, Hungarian, Latin and Italian. He memorized entire books and was able to recite them at will.

There is so much to be said of Tesla, his life and his discoveries and inventions.

Here's a video from "Funny or Die" "The Drunk History of Tesla. It's quite informative and, yeah, funny.

www.youtube.com...

Please check out the links, and feel free to add your own thoughts and information about this amazing man, his achievements and his sabotage by Edison and J P Morgan.

edit on 10-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Greatest scientist ever ripped off by more vicious ruthless people than he.

Ive looked into Tesla when I was very young after my father told me about the Philadelphia experiment...

My father was a conspiracy nut before there was even an Internet to spread it.

They should build shrines to Tesla, with out him we wouldnt be sitting togather sharing our thoughts about him.

I got in trouble for building a Tesla coil for a science fair in elementary, they wouldn't let me demonstrate it because I didn't have the proper safety equipment for the fair, and they wouldn't let me take it home because they feared I would injure someone...

I have pictures of it somewhere, I gotta ask my Father if he has them still.
edit on 10-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Two goodies for the masses.

As subjective as it may seem... I'd say that Pythagoras has Tesla beat, hands down. It may be a stretch(not really), but Tesla would have never accomplished anything if it wasn't for the works of Pythagoras before him. Then you have the whole contribution to philosophy... which unfortunately, much of this truth has been destroyed.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

HAHA! I think I got you beat as far as family conspiracy theorist go. My grandfather never believed that we went to the moon. I remember my parents telling him he was nuts for not believing in Pres. Kennedy and NASA, back in the early 1960's.

I guess it must run in our blood, huh?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Greatest band ever!
TESLA

Happy Birthday!

(They had some rockin songs!)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My hero. Even above Einstein and Leedskalnin. Happy B-Day Nikola!
edit on 10-7-2012 by 5pooky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I guess it must run in our blood, huh?

Nature or nurture... Perhaps both eh?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Happy birthday to one of my favourite people to ever live!

A very clever man that's done so much for us, and we could have had so much more.
edit on 10-7-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Tesla! I wonder how life would be if we would have listened to him instead of Einstein and Ben Franklin. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Tesla was very brilliant.

He held 700 patents at the time of his death, made groundbreaking discoveries in the fields of physics, robotics, steam turbine engineering, and magnetism

I do worry about what sort of things the government was able to build using all the knowledge that Tesla had after he died.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

I do worry about what sort of things the government was able to build using all the knowledge that Tesla had after he died.

No kidding! I wonder how many "UFO" sightings are because of Tesla's technology. Imagine what they could have done with his research by this time, more that 100 years later! (Haarp, harach, cough cough, haarp)

Maybe we'll find out, maybe we'll never know.

edit on 10-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No kidding! I wonder how many "UFO" sightings are because of Tesla's technology.

And that might be the real conspiracy.

Why admit you have super high tech craft the defy all current technology, tech that would make other countries more afraid than they already are of US aggression.

Why admit your spying on every country in the world when you can shrug and let the UFO nuts do the dis-info for you.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Happy Birthday Tesla! I wonder how life would be if we would have listened to him instead of Einstein and Ben Franklin. *sigh*

Well let's see...

First of all, we wouldn't have LCD screens, because those require relativity and quantum mechanics to work, neither of which Tesla believed in. Not that any of that would matter, because you wouldn't have computers at all, because fabricating modern transistors also requires a knowledge of quantum mechanics and relativity. Not that that would matter, because old school CRT monitors also require an understanding of relativity to build (particularly higher resolution ones) because the electron beams that were used to excite the screen require a knowledge of relativity, on account of the Lorentz force law and everything. Which Tesla refused to believe in.

Of course, we would not have the electron guns used in the CRTs anyway, because Tesla's designs for particle emitters were out of their mind insane and made absolutely no sense at all. Which is especially odd, because other people were building perfectly fine working particle emitters at the time.

Oh, and then we wouldn't have modern high sensitivity antennas, like you have in your cell phones, which operate in the milliwatt range, instead of the good 'ol 1940 huge megawatt transmitters. Because as it turns out electromagnetism all by itself is just relativity (as is proved as a homework problem in every electromagnetism textbook). In order to build good antennas you need to understand, guess what? Special relativity. And again, Tesla did not believe in relativity.

We also wouldn't have the internet, because it turns out all those people who thought Tesla was an idiot, like Einstein, were the people who were busy developing early theoretical and high energy particle physics, building particle accelerators, and particle beams (the likes of which Tesla could never imagine, or, even understand). And as you all know the modern internet was invented by particle physicists at CERN, and the infrastructure by scientists working for ARPA.

Obviously we also wouldn't have modern medical scanners, too, like PET scans, CAT scans, and MRIs, because all of those use both particle beams, special relativity, and quantum mechanics to work.

But that's just what I would say, isn't it? I'm a physicist after all, and we're all in on the conspiracy (that's why undergrad + graduate school student loan debt is totally paid off by the secret government checks, and is not at all more than a make in several years combined).

And it's not like we have devices that prove that these things are true or anything. Oh, wait, we do? Well that just proves we don't really understand them. After all, nothing proves you don't really understand a theory like making a detailed, precision device out of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The man was a genius but staying celibate is beyond the call of duty
I wonder what happened to all his documents that were stolen after his death ?

top topics

join