It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with this picture? The milking is in effect.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So what do you think folks? Ever get the feeling you're being milked and there is nothing you can do about it? Nothing at all? Some places, big cities even, have this very problem, being overcharged for their electricity and when problems take place, nothing! Zip~!

I can handle it like a big boy, but some people might not. You know, every month my bill gets 30$ higher. At the start, my bill was less than 20$ for 2 months strait, I mean, that was just the electricity. When it went higher, it seemed to tack on a 3rd charge. Strange billing that's never the same, yet "you vote your VPs in". Whatever...

Im being raped! Legally!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by article

If you post some of your old bills with different lines in the bill we might be able to help out.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Am i seeing this correct? 785 kWh in one month?
Insane...
Wow, maybe you shouldn't let every electronic equipment run for 24/7 and start to save some energy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Your state or regional area would help, after all it is summer time and from the midwest to the east coast has been setting heat records.

Am i seeing this correct? 785 kWh in one month? Insane...

785 kwh is nothing, I average about 11-1500 kwhs @ .11 per kwh
edit on 7-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'd swap my power bill with you in an instant!
Mine averages around $700 per 3 months. More than double yours!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

I'm guessing you must live in Australia. Land of the Carbon Tax.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

the one in my hand is $568.xx

Every damn Month.

Also, after two years, two gas leaks were found after I shut the valve and got a $90.xx bill the month without use.
The service is about $12.xx.

I feel like a prisoner shackled to the wall with Bubba the utility rapist doing a Hannibal Lector impersonation.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

They are all the same. The previous bills are all on time as well. I have not had any late fees. This is what it looks like every month. The only diffrence is how much i use every month.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Am i seeing this correct? 785 kWh in one month?
Insane...
Wow, maybe you shouldn't let every electronic equipment run for 24/7 and start to save some energy.

lol are you kidding? My fridge runs 24/7. My air runs less than 8 hours a day and thats ONLY early morning. It never runs durring the day. Im not here for 16 hours a day so what am I burning again? Hot water is on minimal.

But... my usage is ONLY 40+$ how am i using up alot of electricity?

Guys. Dont miss the point here.

My usage is less than 50$ a month. I'm being charged for line upkeep and a charge for them to send the electricty to me as well as charge me for the usuage. That's 60$ more than what I use every month.

If I use 1$ of electricity, they will still charge me way more than 1$ for it. See what I'm saying?

edit on 7-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Yep, Australia - But these are my bills before the carbon tax!!
The increased bill will be my next one.

Robbery.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I'm looking for a power bill but couldn't find one handy (well, got a water bill, its $170.00 for 3 months), but I was interested in how many kW I'm chopping through, I don't suppose you can give me your rough kW usage?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by article

Lets try this another way..

I used 48$ in electricity in that month.

They charge me 48$ for that energy used.

They charge me 25$ to send that energy to me.

That charge me 23$ in addition to "keep the lines clean".

per month.

So.. Roughly, $50 in fees for less than 50$ for what I use. That's double billing me EVERY month. PLUS:

150$ dep I do not get back
75$ dep I get back if I'm 100% NOT late every month for a year
50$ Ill get back when I cut off my services.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by article

Yeah, thats the ransom money. Can't avoid it. In australia, on our water bills we even have to pay for Gutters/Drainage/Sewerage EVEN if you live without those services at all! Because rain fall's on your land they say, and eventually ends up in drains... So we get charge for the rain... Thanks a lot mother nature!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

oh wait.. thats JUST electricity. hehe I have water, sewage and trash. Everything else is additional as well.

Only air is free. They just haven't figured out how to tax us yet... wait.. Never mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
wow i live in scotland have my laptop on 24/7 stereo as well kettle never off the boil tv etc my monthly cost is £ 20.00 about $ 30 ad i guess . water charges are about £300 per year .your getting ripped off ever think of milking the system ? i did for many years .this is the first time in over a decade ive paid electricity as for the gas i have been in this property for 15 months still not got a gas bill .pay nothing expect everything .if i told you how many years i have lived rent free it would make you cry

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

how? reverse feeding electricity?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by article

get friendly with a sparky & get him to jack your meter for you its easy to wreck these things with a magnet . or by pass the meter with some heavy cable . i dont do it now .they rip us off so rip them back

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
lol I'll leave it at that. Im sure ATS wouldnt like where it going, but I had no idea a magnet could do so much damage! lol

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Man, i would love to have that.

I got on average billing because I had 3 months in a row a few summers ago that I was over $700 each month. It was over 100 degrees for 94 days straight.

My average bill is 225/month

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by article
So what do you think folks? Ever get the feeling you're being milked and there is nothing you can do about it? Nothing at all? Some places, big cities even, have this very problem, being overcharged for their electricity and when problems take place, nothing! Zip~!

I can handle it like a big boy, but some people might not. You know, every month my bill gets 30$ higher. At the start, my bill was less than 20$ for 2 months strait, I mean, that was just the electricity. When it went higher, it seemed to tack on a 3rd charge. Strange billing that's never the same, yet "you vote your VPs in". Whatever...

Im being raped! Legally!

YOu are throwing dollar amounts around like they have some meaning here. The dollar amount is simply a function of the formula of kwh^energy rate. I see what you kwh usage was during the current cycle, but have no context to apply to the previous cycle.

In Texas you sign contracts with a provider. If you are a moron you may sign a variable rate contract. I prefer to sign a 2 year contract. Originally all electricity here was provided via TXU. They broke that up several years ago. Here is the funny thing, though. The average price i got per kwh in my last renegotiation from TXU was 13 cents. The next highest? 7 cents. TXU counts on people doing it the way they have done for years, never shopping their rates, and just staying with TXU. So TXU just charges them twice what it is really worth.

ETA: your kwh rate looks VERY reasonable. I would suggest that you either have a consumption increase, or you are being charged for not using the contracted amount of energy (in Texas this is called the ERCOT charge, I believe).
edit on 8-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join