It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Dreams From My Father' - a whole lot of FICTION

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

reply to post by FlyersFan
I too find it disturbing that he paints one picture, say about his upbringing, while the facts point in the completely opposite direction. I cannot stand that kind of blatant misinformation, from anyone, and the president is no exception.

Please explain.

What blatant misinformation?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Djayed
All of the anti-Obama posts are driving me crazy. He is our president! What happened to the days we respected our president! I

You are kidding, right? Just because a politician gets elected, we are all supposed to turn a blind eye to corruption, lies, manipulations, and money making schemes??? Really? That would be insane.

No if it was correct, but to go on and on about made up political propaganda from the right and not respecting the man that is leading our country instead of spreading misinformation about his is idiotic and un-patriotic.

Obama aligns with what I believe in, I support what he has done as our president and I will vote for him again. I had as much passion against Bush as you have against Obama the difference is I didn't spread misinformation about him because as an American I feel it is my obligation to respect our president. Bush lied, cheated, and stole to get what he wanted. I'm sorry but even if Obama tried he couldn't compete with good'ol Bush JR.
edit on 7/6/2012 by Djayed because: Math guy

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

All of the anti-Obama posts are driving me crazy. He is our president! What happened to the days we respected our president! I

You are kidding, right? Just because a politician gets elected, we are all supposed to turn a blind eye to corruption, lies, manipulations, and money making schemes??? Really? That would be insane.

No if it was correct, but to go on and on about made up political propaganda from the right and not respecting the man that is leading our country instead of spreading misinformation about his is idiotic and un-patriotic.

Obama aligns with what I believe in, I support what he has done as our president and I will vote for him again. I had as much passion against Bush as you have against Obama the difference is I didn't spread misinformation about him because as an American I feel it is my obligation to respect our president. Bush lied, cheated, and stole to get what he wanted. I'm sorry but even if Obama tried he couldn't compete with good'ol Bush JR.
edit on 7/6/2012 by Djayed because: Math guy

But that in and of itself is all about perception. I absolutely believe that Obama lies and continue to lie and is causing us to get further and further into this recession. But I honestly think that Bush was a very good president that was dealt the worst hand a president could ever be dealt when 9/11 happened. But lying, cheating and stealing? That sound like Obama. Its not propaganda or made up if it is true. We call it "the truth" where I am from.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

but to go on and on about made up political propaganda from the right and not respecting the man that is leading our country instead of spreading misinformation about his is idiotic and un-patriotic.

It isn't misinformation to expose the misinformation (lies) Obama has told.
It isn't unpatriotic to expose the propaganda that Obama has pumped out.

What would be unpatriotic would be to turn a blind eye to corruption and lies, simply because a person holds a certain title in Washington DC. THAT would not be what a good American would do for his/her country.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Did you read the article? It explains the lies Obama told in his book. The misinformation ... the manipulation so that people would think of him in a certain way .. a way that wasn't true.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Your reply makes it sound as if anyone writing about themselves cannot possibly do anything other than lie.
That might be true of politicians but if one's real history isn't interesting enough to read on it's own merit then maybe they shouldn't be writing about themselves at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Did you read the article? It explains the lies Obama told in his book. The misinformation ... the manipulation so that people would think of him in a certain way .. a way that wasn't true.

I haven't read the book - - - but I did find a blog discussing this exact topic. Quite interesting.

Seems the book wasn't intended to be hard fact - - but a personal journey of sorts. I question how something can be hard fact with "dreams" in the title.

I was abandoned by my dad too. Only saw him a couple times growing up. Then after 30+ years he contacted us. He died within 2 years of lung Cancer.

Personally - - I can't imagine anyone in this position writing a book with an agenda - - other then a personal release.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is what you posted in the OP: "Dreams From My Father' .... Lots of fiction .. and yet schools across this country teach it as 'fact' and have it on their reading lists. And gullible people around the world believe the garbage it.

So you are making claims a personal story is being taught as FACT.

Part family memoir and part coming of age story, Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama is a compelling account of one man’s life and his personal journey to form his own identity and find his place in the world. www.kcfb.info...

That blog I was reading also said: Conservatives are masters at finding something simple - - - twisting it to fit their agenda - - - blowing it up into major drama - - - - then bullying everyone to death with their hate.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry but even if Obama tried he couldn't compete with good'ol Bush JR.

Right!

"W" was a military guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join