It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me;

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Risingfall

Duality exists, i am not denying it, but we can chose which way to go.
You can choose darkness or light.
I feel my starting line was darkness and my finish line is light.
So i am not denying duality, what i am doing is choosing which side do i represent.
Love - Light
No Love - Darkness
Of course i felt both, to know what love is i had to know how no love feels, but my way is the way of love, returning to love with the knowledge of darkness and the merit of knowing how to return from darkness to light/love.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you want to connect to God. then open your 7 chakras and gain bliss/enlightenment. it is the connection to the superconscious self.

There is no other interpretation. there is no metaphor. above ive told you how to do it!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

@Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me;

I enjoyed the positive read OP

WITH US, YES GIVEN IN OUR SPIRITS/SOULS INTERNAL ENERGIES essence of the CREATOR.

OUR STRENGTH IN BELIEF

LOVE FOR OTHERS

NO FEAR OF OTHER CREATOR CREATIONS who are DECEPTIVE for they WILL meet the same MAKER*

FEARLESS CODE- the CREATOR wants us not to FEAR "THE" ONLY the imposterfakers want many too, smh. As if the CREATOR cannot design something to MIRROR their PROJECTED energies back upon them in a similar destructive REFLECTION

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We are not GOD, we are human, God is not; for if he were he would not be God.

God is a separate entity all together. We have the Holy Spirit living within us which allows us to communicate with
God. This is true if you are a believer in Christ Jesus. God is complete Holiness, perfect....we as humans are flawed
God is not. He is not emotions, not male or female, He is actually both. That is how we are all made in His image.

The opening post:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me

This means at the precise moment of death Jesus will be there to walk with you through it, therefore have no fear.

Just felt like someone needed to inject some truth into this post.

Thanks kindly,
Pax

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

That is your interpretation.

Ok, it is obviously applied to death but... i think you can think of the shadow of the valley of death has any situation that makes you scared and terrified and if GOD is love and he is in us we can connect to that feeling at any time and feel good, and removing fear we can accomplish anything.

But this is my interpretation.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me."

This is another translation (new living translation), it doesn't mention death...

For me, the symbolic meaning of the "shadow of valley of death" is to be upon something scary, something that makes you feel terrified.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

God is a separate entity all together. We have the Holy Spirit living within us which allows us to communicate with
God.

I assume that you believe in The Bible, right? God is not separate from you if you remain in love, according to the bible.

"he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16

He is not emotions, not male or female, He is actually both. That is how we are all made in His image.

God is an emotion:

"God is love" - 1 John 4:16

God is male according to The Bible:

"The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name." - Exodus 15:3

This means at the precise moment of death Jesus will be there to walk with you through it, therefore have no fear.

Some people who have Near Death Experience, they don't see Jesus, they see the god from their religion and they make it to heaven. It is mostly Christians that see Jesus in heaven or the Fires of Hell.

You do not that Jesus is based on faith, right? Faith is different from truth.

Dictionary.com
Faith - belief that is not based on proof.

Truth - a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by arpgme

I understand what you are saying, but to summarize it all we can feel good no matter what happens, this is the key that will transform you from a fearful person to a fearless one.

I'm not sure why you said "but", nothing that you said is exclusively contrary to what I said. Maybe it was just a grammar error? In other words, I asking, did you agree with me, and if not, what do you feel goes against what you are saying here?

reply to post by arpgme

The key is in being aware and in control of your emotions/energy, because that will make you truly free.

If you control your emotions, you are free.

So, suppressing a part of yourself, makes you free? If you feel angry because someone did something to you, that is a natural emotion. It is ok. You probably shouldn't run up to the person and hit them, but if you don't feel like being bothered with that person and they keep walking up to you trying to be friendly when you are still angry you have the right to let your anger show and say "I don't want to talk to you right now!" or stay away from that person until you are calm and want to speak to them again. Otherwise you are just being inauthentic if you try to "fake" the kindness. Allow yourself to be. This doesn't mean that you should dwell on the negative emotion, because that too, is unhealthy, but it is ok to have it. You are in a human body having a human experience.

reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes you want to feel brave and courageous, determined, other times you just want to feel at peace and love with existence.

These two are not in opposition, and in fact, bravery and peace depend on each other. Peace is basically a stillness, a comfort, you can not feel that if you are being nervous and scared.

reply to post by arpgme

if you can be aware and in control of your emotions, you are not a puppet anymore, nothing can control you but your own will.

Will:

* The power of choosing one's own actions.
* Purpose of Determination
* Wish of Desire

I'm assuming that when you say will, you mean something like "intention" or "determination". Well, that is caused by motivation / stimuli which is also based on emotion.

I don't meant this in a rude way, but I am really curious. What was the purpose of asking "Is God love?", "are they [God] in us?" if you were not really seeking different perspectives, but rather, already had your beliefs set in stone?
edit on 2-7-2012 by arpgme because: quote error

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

A few years back when I proposed the idea of "chosen" optimism to a friend, I was called delusional. The interesting part to me is the choice itself, or the action. Most do not realize the power of their own minds, and this has been reinforced in many, many different arenas. Most do not actually choose their pessimism, nor their optimism. As was said previously in this thread, many are constantly chasing their tales/tails to support what feels "good." This can relate to both dualities and can breed complacency and/or apathy.

The interesting part, to me, is that regardless of which one is chosen it is only the individual perspective which changes. The situation itself does not. So, why not choose to look on the brighter side? Seems a pretty obvious question to me, though not everyone can relate obviously. One side tends to see possibilities, and the other tends to see inevitabilities. One side grows vertically while the other grows horizontally, so to speak. And just like in a garden, this set up can be extremely efficient and symbiotic. Certain plants, however, can be invasive. "Agents of division," if you will. They exist on either side of the spectrum.

God. This is true if you are a believer in Christ Jesus. God is complete Holiness, perfect....we as humans are flawed
God is not. He is not emotions, not male or female, He is actually both. That is how we are all made in His image.

I am going to give a slightly different way of looking at this, while still approximating the boundaries you have set for God. How can an omni-present being (alpha and omega) be separate from.. well.. any-thing?

I think a better way to state it is we are a part of God, rather than we are God. The difference may be solely semantic, but what it represents is not. Many tout themselves as God, certainly, but those who consider themselves part of something much greater tend to have more humility inherently. Again, sides of a duality. Though one side is represented, historically, as "the way of the beast."

In this perspective, "things" can be a part of God but are not God in totality. This could be seen as the definition of "imperfect."

So, in this way, God is All-Things, whereas we as humans are only a part of it. God is complete (w)holiness, the parts of God are not, inherently.

At least your limited perspective of said truth, no? Everyone is looking at the same "thing." But you said it yourself, no one of us has the Truth in totality. That would make us God.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Risingfall

Love - Light
No Love - Darkness

Why not just accept love as an abstract force, rather than associating it with something physical that we can see?

Maybe darkness is love. Darkness is the pain and suffering and the confusion, right? If you put your hand in fire, it burns, isn't that love? The darkness sending us pain to protect the body? The darkness causing confusion so that we may learn? The darkness causing us to suffer so that we can reflect on our lives and gain understanding?

The more you divide into groups, the less unity there is and therefore the less loving perspective.

If you understand love as a separate thing from positive (light) and negativity (darkness), but which dwells within both, you'll have an awesome perspective.
edit on 2-7-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I couldnt agree more.

The way I see it, Love is the human context for the EM forces that hold the dualities together. We have just related it solely to an emotion. Perhaps through free-will, language, etc. Emotions, of course, being an individual context for something which doesnt exist solely in the individual.

Mumbo jumbo to most, of course.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
emotions are energy, high vibration, high energy - closer to god nature, low energy, low vibration, away from god nature.

Absolute bliss and joy is god nature.

But we chose to get away from that.

Religion is reconnecting with love/god IMHO of course

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

emotions are energy... Absolute bliss and joy is god nature.

But we chose to get away from that.

Religion is reconnecting with love/god IMHO of course

So, if Emotion is Energy, and God is Energy, why do you restrict God to being only Loving emotion?

Everything is Energy,

Love is a connective force. it connects, when people have compassion they care for each other and this cause them to feel connected.

When people lack love, they feel less connected.

Love is a sense of connection, unity, closeness. The opposite of that, is separation.

Now why would God be based on how close or far something is (Love - Separation) rather than the actual conscious substance that makes up all things (Energy)?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Just control your emotions/vibration, do yourself a favor and to other people, don't let your emotions be controlled by forces you cant control or you will be an emotional puppet.

And one more thing: i am not talking about suppression, you can have sudden bursts of emotion but after they arise its your job to put yourself together emotionally.

What, are you telling me you cant calm down? You cant lower you rage? You cant conquer your fear? You cant control your emotions? Then train it, its possible and more than that, its necessary.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

What, are you telling me you cant calm down? You cant lower you rage? You cant conquer your fear? You cant control your emotions? Then train it, its possible and more than that, its necessary.

Definitely not. I agree with you. You can calm down, lower your rage, and conquer your fear. This is why I said it is not bad to have negative emotion, if it arises. Accept it (don't suppress), but don't dwell on it either. Allow it to pass.

Without emotions, we probably wouldn't have personality.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

All the great masters control their emotions, you know those heroes from oriental movies, martial arts masters, they now how to be in control of their emotions, its a basic skill that nobody cares to develop but i think its very important.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I didn't say to exterminate emotions. What i said was to be in control. Why? Because everyone wants to feel good and controlling your emotions will allow you to feel good more often.

Its not about denying emotions, its about feeling good.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I'm not sure how to feel about your post but I will say this: You wouldn't know to enjoy something good/positive if you never experienced something bad/negative....It's like winning. You wouldn't know what it's like to feel like a winner without losing at least once or twice.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Its nice to know how all feelings feel like, but after a while you just don't want to be an emotional puppet anymore.

I lived what it is to feel emotionally powerless but now i am into being in control of my emotions, in control of my energy.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Smells like New Age. Exhalting oneself over the Creator, Over YHWH. Humanism...bleh.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So what, what is new age in this thoughts?

Connecting to high emotions is conecting to god is new age?

I cant see how.

Everything is new age now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join