It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh my, 115 degree weather...Did we open the gates to Hell?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Man this weather is so hot it is making making me sleepy, even at work. Talk about draining.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Sit in a nice cool tub of water and rehydrate. Epsom salts sometimes helps as does a little salt in the water. Make sure you don't get low on salt in your body or you will be tired and weak. A cup of coffee most times fires up the bodies cooling system. cold coffee gives you energy. Soda pop makes you sweat. I suppose you already know all that though. I hope you can cool down there soon. It got up in the low 80s around here today but only about seventy five here in the woods. Do you have a basement on your place?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Looks like we might be getting that weather soon with those storms. Hope my electric doesn't goes out. I'll be jonesing.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Char-Lee

I get you there.. You can always warm up when it's cold. But when it's painfully cold, wow, you tend to think of those warmer days. I love the sun, but when it's hot here, it's 40c hot. 46as Manhater mentioned is unreasonable.

But I can snuggle up with blankets, a hot water bottle and remain calm.. heat drives me insane, I blame my parents from the old country, Liverpool and Scotland, for my distaste of heat..

Makes it hard to be an Aussie, lol, when I hate the sunburn and the flies.. hehe

Been here 17 years, the coldest we ever get in the day year round is 50's mid to high, warmest during the day was around 70 but that was rare event it is usual for it to be mid high 50-mid 60, but now it is always in the 504 ish area and never gets warmer. So all year 50-60. OR/CA coast on the boarder.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
While we are all fanning ourselves to keep cool...thought I'd bring a music interlude to fit the weather....

Des was 85 degrees at 10 am here this morning. High predicted 106.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Kinda weird I was thinking the same thing about the weather today in Calgary, Alberta (Canada), it wasn't extremely hot or anything, but the weather changes are strange even for Calgary, which is used to 5+ or 5- degrees every half hour. (remember we use celsius)

Today was a bit different though, I went camping with my parents, and I literaly had to bring a jacket, shorts, and a tuke. Weather patterns were all over the place. We experienced hot sunny weather (+30) early in the day [just before noon]. Later in the afternoon (around 2-3) the weather dropped several times, went up and down 10 degrees every 15 minutes.

My parents and friends who were with us were putting cothes on/taking clothes off so often we even had a good long (jokes) conversation about it.

We left because we sensed bad weather coming (the clouds started getting real ugly), on the way into the city we experienced very hot weather (had the a/c on max), 20 minutes after we left it got cold, started raining with a mix of ice..

I swear we must have driven 5 kilometers and the weather got hot again... It stayed hot 'til we got home (30 minutes later).. then it started raining hard for 15 minutes (thunder and lightning).. now (1:42 am) it's about 12c calm and cloudy, barely any wind at all.. I don't even get it any more. I don't know what to expect and it's tripping me out a little bit..

Thanks for reading.
Love and respect to all of you! :-)
edit on 2-7-2012 by notyourplaything because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by notyourplaything

Now that's some crazy weather. That's how it was here today. Like the weather couldn't make up it's mind at all. One section was nice and sunny and the other section was pouring rain hard with hail. Then the Sun would try to creep out and the next thing you know the, it's gets totally dark out at 3PM with doom clouds.
Talk about nutty.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Another fact that has come my way concerning this weird weather.

More specifically concerning places were they have record highs and heatwaves, it seem they also have record high's on people dying of heat related problems, most of those people being the elderly. So did we open the gates of hell? as the op said...For some it seems the answer may be, that it is hot as hell out there.

But still its supposed to be getting sunnier and hotter up here were I am at this month. Which I think just means we may get a week or so of straight sun. But no way do I want it that hot consistently, 115% or over is a bit to much, and people up here would definitely not be used to that kind of a heatwave.

But its something to keep in mind, how a little bit of a change in weather, a little to hot, or a little to cold, and people start dropping like flies, no way would we survive any sort of major change in weather across the globe.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here are the records for the last two days, 86 all time records!

And here's an extract of the 30 warmer temp. with a max at Johnston 4 SW, SC: 113°F (45°C)

Source
edit on 2-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ft. Wayne, Indiana - our weather center just issued an excessive heat warning thru
next Saturday - Heat index readings of 110 plus each day. Also poor air quality. I
am wondering if this will be the standard for the rest of the summer.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
they're showing this pic on the news here, from Lexington KY. Not photoshopped, it actually melted the plastic support on the mailbox

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Eastern Newfoundland here.

The weather is turning a lot of heads here. In the run of a day we can have temperatures around 10C, then by the afternoon/evening, it tends to get as high as 25-28C on some days. The heat goes into the early morning and then it rapidly cools down. I'm actually just about to close my window because I'm too cold at the moment.

K, closed it!

We're due for some 20C weather later. We had thunder and lightning earlier and I managed to capture it on video but at the moment I lack the wireless bars to upload it. (I actually caught a ball of light plunging itself straight up into the sky after a dramatic burst of lightning, but I'll save that for another thread). I notice that the weather site that most Canadians use almost daily now shows a risk of thunder showers throughout the day, then it'll disappear, reappear, etc, on and on, and the daily and weekly temperatures change almost every 40 minutes or so. It could be chilly and raining tomorrow, or blistering hot with an annoying humidity. Even one day in advance usually fails as of late.

I can't remember the weather being so all over the place in my life of living here. I do remember lots of hot days growing up, but never so inconsistent. Last summer it was mild with maybe two weeks throughout all of June-August being actually hot and humid.

Not looking forward to even hotter and more humid weather later this month and throughout August. I feel that is what will happen, with lots of thunder showers and possibly even another Igor or C1 or C2 hurricane brushing up against us. Usually when we have an early hot summer we have a vicious winter that follows.
edit on 3/7/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I get you there.. You can always warm up when it's cold. But when it's painfully cold, wow, you tend to think of those warmer days. I love the sun, but when it's hot here, it's 40c hot. 46as Manhater mentioned is unreasonable.

But I can snuggle up with blankets, a hot water bottle and remain calm.. heat drives me insane, I blame my parents from the old country, Liverpool and Scotland, for my distaste of heat..

Makes it hard to be an Aussie, lol, when I hate the sunburn and the flies.. hehe

Been here 17 years, the coldest we ever get in the day year round is 50's mid to high, warmest during the day was around 70 but that was rare event it is usual for it to be mid high 50-mid 60, but now it is always in the 504 ish area and never gets warmer. So all year 50-60. OR/CA coast on the boarder.

What's the coldest it gets and the hottest it gets there? .... If it doesn't get much below freezing and much above the 50's and 60's... I'm MOVING!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I lived on the Oregon coast for 10 years.
Be prepared for clouds and rain, a lot of
it. But tell you what, it is beautiful there.
It snowed once (very rare) in the 10
years I was there.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Char-Lee

What's the coldest it gets and the hottest it gets there? .... If it doesn't get much below freezing and much above the 50's and 60's... I'm MOVING!!!

Rare thing but we have been in the low 70's as a high and we have one to two freezes in the winter, usually, this winter we had no freeze and all the plants that go dormant didn't do so! So never below mid 50's winter...except those rare frosts...So come on over move, it is green and beautiful all year. Just no jobs worth mentioning, gray sky's a lot, wind often on the coast, and we have mold to fight :-)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
115F = 46C or thereabouts.

Sounds like an average Aussie summer to me!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am fine now but earlier today I was on the verge of heat exhaustion. I had
to drive to the city to get my heart medications and I felt kinda bad when I was
in the drug store, by the time I got home I was worse. Cold cloths and getting in the
ac helped. The car isn't air conditioned and I would hate to think of what the
temperature might have been in the car even with the windows down. Parents
and pet owners, remember this if your kids or pets are waiting on you in the
car.

We got to 101 today with a heat index of 107.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The mail box is funny - a good keep sake

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
We hit 104 yesterday, i have no idea what the heat index was. I mowed lawn around noon and it was very warm. We had a large grass fire this afternoon as well. Everything is so dry the fire spreads faster than you can run. One more day of this and then back down into the 80's. Indiana DNR released a statement today advising homeowners and businesses to cut back on water consumption due to the ongoing drought.

I only hope this cold front passes calmly. 100+ weather and a strong front is not a good combination. I'll definitely be watching the forecast later today.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join