It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver really is scarce - A job that was too far away called me today -

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by article

Very good - keep up the good work - nothing like really fixing the system.. yuck yuck yuck - just keep it simple because it is. I hate doing a job after 3 - 4 novices fixed it .... nothing like over troubleshooting to really jack up the complexity of the issue.

there is only 4 possibilities - and user issue is obvious - so you can rule that one out on the phone - then you got a hardware issue or software issue or a driver issue .... rule out two of the three and you got the problem licked -

networking is all about TCP/IP and Connectivity - super simple - most of it is automatic -self correcting-

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by article

Very good - keep up the good work - nothing like really fixing the system.. yuck yuck yuck - just keep it simple because it is. I hate doing a job after 3 - 4 novices fixed it .... nothing like over troubleshooting to really jack up the complexity of the issue.

there is only 4 possibilities - and user issue is obvious - so you can rule that one out on the phone - then you got a hardware issue or software issue or a driver issue .... rule out two of the three and you got the problem licked -

networking is all about TCP/IP and Connectivity - super simple - most of it is automatic -self correcting-

its quite a bit more complicated than that. We deal with Self Aligned Sats, Networks, DAQs, and many other technical issues from the hardware we sale/rent out to national companies. The average joe that we pull in barely makes min wage and doesnt have enough life's skill to be anywhere that offers any more money. It's not like we prefer these guys, because in all, I have to train them and that gets to be a pain in the ass when done over and over, often for people who replace themselves because they hate the long hours but didnt mind the $3000 paychecks and every other week off.

So our main issue = Employees want to get paid but never wants to work when they're at work, nor act like they care to even be at work. When you hear someones say "I run circles around these guys" they may be right. From the jobs I've had over my life, I've seen majority act this exact way. Wants the money but cant stand the job.

I rather have skilled techs. I want a tech that can teach me something and pass it along... Not a tech that I have to teach, will learn all I know yet has nothing to offer in return. Sure, he'll have a great life, making more money than most people his age, at 18, and already making 55-60K a year base. And... Allowed to work any available overtime, anytime.

I too know people that would kill for jobs like this, but unfortunatly, they dont live here and probably would not move to make this kind of money. And worse still, many wouldnt be able to move anyways. it's just that bad now. Who has money for 3 months of rent, gas, electricity and groceries anymore? I know even with what I make, I dont think I would take that kind of chance on another job... So I understand.

Jobs are there.. for some. You just have to be lucky or know someone or very persistant.

or be a decent person who really wants to be something in life and has a decent work ethic... those people are the ones I would like to work along side me. Not the careless "payday" employees that ive struggled with for as long as I can remember. Dealing with people in this sorta day to day job, will make even the most proactive job lover really hate what they do.

edit on 29-6-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Happened to me as well... only with physical silver (for a much smaller loan, if you had that much gold). They said they only accept certificates as collateral. So if you have a piece of paper, you're okay. But if you actually own the real thing, you're screwed at the bank. WTF indeed.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So I wanted to see if I could get paid in something other than FDR notes. well - it didnt work out....
I put on a "äpply for Job", I sent them my resume a week or so ago - they called today and asked why I stated I would work for $5.00 a day - I said well how much are you paying and she said 18.00$ per hour - I then said ok, 18 silver dollars an hour and the phone went silent for a few seconds and no we pay in U.S. Dollars and I said thats acceptable as long as they are silver. and she said no it will be a check and we pay every two weeks and I said is that in Silver ? and she said that she didn't think so. and I said - I will work for 5.00$ a day in Silver and she said thank you, I will keep your resume on file. Since when is money something you shouldn't ask for... ?

edit on 28-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

You could have gotten the silver coins at the bank after cashing the check, if that's what you really want. Not sure there's a conspiracy here. I think they might believe you to be a bit too eccentric for their needs.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by paraphi

I was once told by a shrink teaching psychology - I have the tact of a sledgehammer - its has severed me well ....
and who says you will pass my smell test buddy - you sort of stink from what I can tell.

edit on 28-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

So basically you turned down an 18 dollar an hour job during a recession, because you chose to be a difficult arse?

When you could have taken the check and converted it to any silver you wanted?

AND when you knew full well that they wouldnt pay you in silver dollars........

Time to go back to the shrink......

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I have seriously been considering taking time off of my job to go camping and sluicing for gold. Just to see if I made more money camping and having fun than I did working.

Anyone down?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
nevermind. I had the wrong prices okay silver is 27.56 5 $ worth is 0.192 ounces you'd earn 144 dollars a day and would be able to buy exactly 5 ounces of silver a day more than the 0.192 You'd earn if paid in silver. Now if you wanted paid in silver coin at 5 dollars a day you're in fact going to make less than what she offered.
edit on 29-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: fixing the whole post

edit on 29-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: the 4 was missing on 144 lol

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Makes you wonder how many on unemployment are doing the same sort of thing, and then go out and talk about how hard they are looking for a job.

Not saying the OP is doing this but it is a bit on the foolish side to act in this manner. Hell $18 an hour would be an awesome raise for me. Must be nice to be able to turn down such well paying jobs without any real thought to it.

Raist

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by article
reply to post by sarra1833

We hire people out of "walmart" kinda stores and give them 18$ and we cant find the hands to fill out possitions and it's mostly computer work. 12hour days. 8 day weeks, 6 day weekends and we're understaffed right now to the point that it's turning into a pain in the ass. lol

So more of less, we're taking people off the street, giving them 18$ an hour and teaching them how to network and troubleshoot systems over a worldwide network.

and where is this wonderful mecca???

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just convert your notes into silver dollars, or silver. You can use silver to pay and the other party has to accept it, if it is legal tender, but is not obligated to.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

OMG! People just don't understand that, it's just those 4.

And 75% of the time it's user with 25% hardware/software. Internet connectivity issues, cold boot your connections and if all else fails, just reinstall those drivers.

And if nothing works, just turn to Google. Your answer is always a few clicks away.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The funniest thing about the story is the OP was asking to be PAID. The Federal Reserve Debt Note is a IOU, it says so on the "bill" (a bill is not a credit) and the OP was asking not to be owed money, but to actually be paid money. The problem is, debt notes are what makes the tax system work as the deal the FED has to print the money gives them the right to take it back via taxes - they collect their own notes back for the privilege of using their notes (income tax is just that), it does not give them the right to take real money, only IOU's they print.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by article

There are people out there who would absolutely love a job like that, they would keep it and be good at it, like myself and people I know who are intuitive nerds, hence, employers would be getting something in return because we like, appreciate it and WANT to keep it. There needs to be a 'real' place that connects those 2 needs. Sadly the Internet is so flooded with "jobs" that it is hard to sift through.

Locally, there ain't sh**! Each employer I've applied for has 200+ applicants and I have a great resume, used to make $14/hr easy w/ no college, just self taught and damn good at it. When I apply for lower normally 'teen' jobs people act like I am completely insane for even applying or going to an interview! I just want to pay my mother f***** Bills and I don't mind working for years doing so!!!! aaaah! I have myself and people to support and I can do almost any job pretty damn well, grr. Of course, I would love to patent an idea and become rich but I don't tell people that!

All this BS going on in the USA is ridiculous and I've been sick of it for awhile. I try and go on interviews and let them know my skills, but no one cares, no one hires me. It's a completely different job market than 3 years ago.

So I guess my point is that if you get offered a job and you need money to make something happen in your life then ...take it! It may be a stepping stone to your next step but don't treat it like it's something to take for granted.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
since there is so many people wanting that 18 $ hr. Job. just IM me and I will send you the email address.
have you ever been to San Leandro ? - have you ever driven 70 miles in stop and go - stop and go and it just keeps on for 70 miles - twice a day ? one and half hours each way 10 times a week, and lord help you if some body that you can blind fold with dental floss has a wreck and refuses to move off the freeway till a cop arrives. common sense isn't something thats in surplus in California after all we live here. and they dont call it the Granola State for nothing - Fruits Nuts and lots of Flakes. I got stopped by Vietnamese Cop for not stopping in the Merge Lane .... no thats just a joke...
edit on 30-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join