It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver really is scarce - A job that was too far away called me today -

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So I wanted to see if I could get paid in something other than FDR notes. well - it didnt work out....
I put on a "äpply for Job", I sent them my resume a week or so ago - they called today and asked why I stated I would work for $5.00 a day - I said well how much are you paying and she said 18.00$ per hour - I then said ok, 18 silver dollars an hour and the phone went silent for a few seconds and no we pay in U.S. Dollars and I said thats acceptable as long as they are silver. and she said no it will be a check and we pay every two weeks and I said is that in Silver ? and she said that she didn't think so. and I said - I will work for 5.00$ a day in Silver and she said thank you, I will keep your resume on file. Since when is money something you shouldn't ask for... ?

edit on 28-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
lol

Good luck finding a job

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

maybe she thought you were messin with her, LOL sounds funny though to have to deal with, maybe they wont pay in silver because that is not their standard?? go work in a silver mine buddy! haha
edit on 28-6-2012 by dreamtraveler420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

maybe she thought you were messin with her, LOL sounds funny though to have to deal with, maybe they wont pay in silver because that is not their standard?? go work in a silver mine buddy! haha

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It was like an hour and half commute each way - and thats a really bad commute 880/101 south bound (from San Leandr0 to Morgan Hill, Ca.)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

pf thats way too far, but for $5.00 of silver every hour you'd have a car in no time

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What kind of work were you applying for ? If you don't mind my asking ?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm a Computer Guy - Desktop.Network.Administration.programming

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That doesn't surprise me...
i went into a bank with ten 1 ounce gold coins as a deposit to get a loan and they flatly refused to accept it...WTF

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

You didn;t do that in Bank of America - I know because that is how I got a loan, they held my gold as collateral for a couple of months.
and as far as that goes - any pawn shop would gladly give you 90 day loan upto like 80% of value.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I occassionally hire people. I would not employ you having had such a discussion. If you want a job, rethink your tactics.

Regards

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I was once told by a shrink teaching psychology - I have the tact of a sledgehammer - its has severed me well ....
and who says you will pass my smell test buddy - you sort of stink from what I can tell.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Maybe im missing the point but why not just buy the silver with the money you get paid if thats what you want?

edit on 28-6-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sounds like she was confused and may have mistaken you for a wacky conspiracy theorist and filed your resume in the circular file.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
18 an hour.

;being a min wage worker, and not able to find work in 2 years, I'd KILL for that pay.

just puttin' that out there.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think you failed the IQ test. If you want silver so badly buy it from a dealer and you'll be miles in front.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Take the job.
Send me the paycheck, and i'll pay you $6.00 a day in silver.
Is gold ok as well or no?

Lets see ABOUT 526.60 on a 40 hour week (after tax) - $30 for silver (on a 5 day week) and that leaves me with 496.60 a week. And the only work i have to do is buy silver? TAKE THIS DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 6/28/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You know....you could have converted your paycheck each week for silver and would have had a job right now....

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This all started after I spent like 30 mins. answering their pre-screening questions and right towards the end I found out they were like 70 miles away from me. so I added the 5$. a day sort of as an after thought - I cant take a job thats 140 miles round trip - especially during peak traffic - 50$ I might consider it - it's not worth it, 880/101 are like parking lots during those times I would be traveling.... been there and done that and 3hours just to work 8 is no picnic.
the convert the pay check - yea, you know the guys who call you up trying to sell you silver and gold -- yea, they get a paycheck instead.... ask them why they dont accept gold and silver -- its hard to spend and hard to part with once you got it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

We hire people out of "walmart" kinda stores and give them 18$ and we cant find the hands to fill out possitions and it's mostly computer work. 12hour days. 8 day weeks, 6 day weekends and we're understaffed right now to the point that it's turning into a pain in the ass. lol

So more of less, we're taking people off the street, giving them 18$ an hour and teaching them how to network and troubleshoot systems over a worldwide network.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join