It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have waited for a son/daughter to take their parents to court for this. So glad to see Germany do something positive. It is a basic human right not to abuse the child and here we see it day by day.

I really can't understand the religion context, as most (certainly abrahamic) religions believe man was created in Gods Image, so the conclusion is that God is imperfect?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I agree female genital mutilation is even worse. It doesn't make anything right. It is what it is - genital mutilation. I for one think Germany has taken a stance that should have been taken a thousand years ago. It shows how far the religious practices of the world have morphed into our everyday lives. Again, if something is immoral, regardless of what any religion says, we should acknowledge it is wrong. We the people of this world are moral beings without the need of religion to tell us so.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Its amazing how stupid some people can be.

Male genital mutilation is OK ...but for females its not? BOTH are ordered by religion... so under the justification of religious freedom how can you separate the two? BOTH should be personal choices NOT done to babies. When your an adult male or female go get the jibblets trimmed if you want.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

TextI really can't understand the religion context, as most (certainly abrahamic) religions believe man was created in Gods Image, so the conclusion is that God is imperfect?

Apparently so. There are even specific requirements for the practice and "special" people within the church who do it. Why is it so hard for people to understand this is a contrived man-made sexual repression act? Seems like God screwed up a bunch with the various "bad" parts of our bodies.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
does this mean they will now outlaw ear piercings for minors?
mole removals that are purely cosmetic?
hemangioma removals for cosmetic purposes as well?

these are all things done for appearance that can have side effects or ailments as a result of error on the dr or piercer.

at least, with the circumcision, their's a faith based explanation behind it, not just vanity.

Congratulations Germany, you've just set yourself back 70 or so years by implementing a law that could, easily, have been avoided by implementing more safe guards and stricter guidelines.

I'm all for this law, provided we can now force parents to give their kids normal haircuts instead of those moronic mohawks on 3 year olds. The child has no control over this and, let's be honest, you are totally damaging the kid's mental state by forcing him to walk around with that stupid hair cut and, in some cases, awful clothing.

Not that I gave my sons mohawk haircuts but as a Mommy I gotta say that I dressed them cute for as long as I was allowed to. Until they were old enough to pick their own. I dressed them cute while I had the chance. They never chose cute ! They choose black shirts, blue jeans, nike sneakers.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

David looks about normal to me. You must be hmmmmm how to say this....unusually large ????

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

i see no problem with this at all. i think women should be excused imho.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Its amazing how stupid some people can be.

really?

in many primitive tribes it's a coming of age/manhood ritual
in those societies the female ritual is merely the breaking of the hymen

female mutilation is a patriarchal invention

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I see. So no women mutilation but ok for guys based up "tradition". When again did the curch see the light regarding burning people at the stake for not believing in what they were selling? Or selling slaves and women? Are you saying that even though it is a violent permanent act perptrated upon a defenseless baby it is ok due to "tradition"? Amazing how religion can make moral people do immoral things, yes?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well since I dont have a penis I guess I can only assume. My husband is circumcised and he has never complained of pain, he has no infections and as far as pleasure goes there have been no complaints there either.
I dont know about other places but here in the US most boys are circumcised at birth for health reasons not relegious reasons. We sure dont have a society that is suffering from the practice.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

ok if you look at circumcision as damaged. I look at it as normal. Personally I think an uncircumcised penis is ugly. ( looks a little doggy like to me )

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anti-Semitism rears its ugly head in Germany once again.
It's just another way for them to enjoy their favorite pastime, singling out Jews.
Get ready for the book burnings.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

And again, I give thanks for western enlightement thinking. Women are duped just as much as men are when it comes to their beliefs and traditions. I suppose the reason we and many european countries give asylum to women running from genital mutilation is because it is wrong; and clearly not all women desire to become an adult by not being able to enjoy sex.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Then I must be damned good at what I do cuz he smiles when we're done LOL.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm pagan, Sex is part of our relegion. Ooo la la....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Anti-Semitism rears its ugly head in Germany once again.
It's just another way for them to enjoy their favorite pastime, singling out Jews.
Get ready for the book burnings.

Knew it was only a matter of time before someone screamed anti-semitism. Don't you realize it gets old? You need a new method to guilt the goys.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

ok if you look at circumcision as damaged. I look at it as normal. Personally I think an uncircumcised penis is ugly. ( looks a little doggy like to me )

Damaged? No, permanantly mutilated. Perhaps if this caveman like act didn't occur you would not feel that way.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I don't know. amazingly nobody sees the religious justification in all of this. its all about giving a peice of you to a higher being (good)

and when are we going to steer this into anti Semitic?

also germany is ground zero for neo nazis, nobody sees the correlation with this?
edit on 27-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Sex is pleasurable. It is religion that wants to make it less so. Not hard to grasp if you look at the stance these people take on a daily basis.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

you act like edward scissor hand was doing the bris (rofl)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join