It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's About Time. Germany Rules Religious Circumcision on Boys is Assault

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

What justification is that? God demands a sacrifice? How inane. Perhaps I should read up on my Conan the Barbarian collection.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

More women in favor of cutting babies penis's cause of their own selfish wants and desires.

I have a friend that got circumcised later in life and he was in pain for over a week.. could barley walk.. going to bathroom was an adventure

Just funny to hear a woman say how cutting a penis, is relatively painless. Maybe you should stay away from this subject.

link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

this is, in my eyes, worse. this is a country telling jews and muslims that they are free to believe in their respective faiths but they are not free to practice the traditions associated with it.

In essence, freedom of religion has been limited in Germany and I am shocked that so many ATS members are seeing this as a good thing because now jews and muslims won't have circumcised penises. I know the ugly, deformed circumcised penis is a real horror show and all but, still, we're talking about a basic right being taken away.

Imagine, if you will, the United States of America, due to fears of a zombie apocolypse, outlaws anything that implies the dead coming back to life and cannibalism.

As a result of this, there will no longer be any drinking of Jesus' blood, eating his flesh or celebrating his ressurrection.

You're still free to believe in him but you cannot practice the traditions that have been practiced for centuries.

Not quite so free.

that's the problem, not y'alls obsession with cut, or uncut, penises.

link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by ColoradoJens

you act like edward scissor hand was doing the bris (rofl)

And really, is genital mutilation something to joke about? I fail to see the humor in traumatising an infant.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

What justification is that? God demands a sacrifice? How inane. Perhaps I should read up on my Conan the Barbarian collection.

CJ

God has always ask for sacrifice, either physical, emotional, or some form of fasting. and when will you rear this back into a intelligent conversation .

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Its amazing how stupid some people can be.

Male genital mutilation is OK ...but for females its not? BOTH are ordered by religion... so under the justification of religious freedom how can you separate the two? BOTH should be personal choices NOT done to babies. When your an adult male or female go get the jibblets trimmed if you want.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Those are two distinctly different things. You are aware of the difference? One does no real harm, the other is harmful mutilation to remove the ability to enjoy sex. To compare the two is absurd. It negates your argument if you don't even know the difference between the two.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

you act like edward scissor hand was doing the bris (rofl)

And really, is genital mutilation something to joke about? I fail to see the humor in traumatising an infant.

CJ

I'm starting to see that you are not really knowledgeable in what you speak of and are only discussing from emotions

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

In my earlier post I stated some facts the ob/gyn explained to me about my son's circumcision and many the ob/gyn didn't explain, like the problems that can occur when the foreskin is left in place. I was on the fence about everything regarding his birth(eg. cord blood, circumcision, etc..)

In the end my wife and I made the decision to have him circumcised, for medical reasons. If he had some of the issues that are described on the article I linked then I think it would be extremely detrimental to his psyche once he reached sexual maturity.

Another poster suggested we should have vestigial organs removed at birth as well, I don't think that is a strong argument because circumcision is not invasive.

When your sons were born was there any discussion of medical reasons why they should be circumcised?

I am from the US as well and we did not have any thought of religious affiliation either when coming to this decision.

I am not judging you by any means, I was just wondering if the docs gave a different reason than I got a year ago.

Congrats on being married for 30 years, it can be tough.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

And again, yes - religious "traditions" SHOULD be stopped when endangering someone else. Just as many "traditions" have faded or been written out of religious orders this one should too. Simply because it is a religious tradition does not make it right. Give the child a chance to grow up and decide for themselves. You are aware many people raised in religious households changed their minds when they grew up, yes? So why be branded for life for something you do not belive in. It is simply the religions themselves that need to change.

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Crakeur

And again, yes - religious "traditions" SHOULD be stopped when endangering someone else. Just as many "traditions" have faded or been written out of religious orders this one should too. Simply because it is a religious tradition does not make it right. Give the child a chance to grow up and decide for themselves. You are aware many people raised in religious households changed their minds when they grew up, yes? So why be branded for life for something you do not belive in. It is simply the religions themselves that need to change.

CJ

many who grow up are still religious as they were raised and also those who grow up go in and out. tons of variables.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Correct and while circumcision may lessen the sensation for men it does not remove it entirely. When women are circumcised ( is that the correct term ) every part that can feel is removed so that there is no chance at all of sexual pleasure. It is not just the clitoris but the entire vulva that is removed leaving only the vagina which is then sewn so tightly that even menstruation is problematic for these women.
edit on 27-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I see. Nice deflection. The idea that you think making jokes about cutting babies private parts is funny is frankly repugnant. And yeah, God asks for the foreskin of a penis as an offering. Ok. Go back to your cave now. Boy the religious sure like messing with childrens privates, don't they? Who would have thought God was so interested in my penis?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I dont know. I only know what my experience has been.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

and where is the "variable" when you have no recourse to regrow your foreskin?

CJ

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys but I am glad they took the rubber band to the hood of my pinky sized penis when I was an infant.

I am pretty sure 100 percent of you don't remember anything about those moments.

How many of you circumcised guys would rather of had a choice...?

Sooo glad it was done when I was an infant. Cause sometimes the dogs tail whips around and just mini whips the tip and that hurts like a MOTHA!@@#@#$....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

this is, in my eyes, worse. this is a country telling jews and muslims that they are free to believe in their respective faiths but they are not free to practice the traditions associated with it.

In essence, freedom of religion has been limited in Germany and I am shocked that so many ATS members are seeing this as a good thing because now jews and muslims won't have circumcised penises. I know the ugly, deformed circumcised penis is a real horror show and all but, still, we're talking about a basic right being taken away.

Imagine, if you will, the United States of America, due to fears of a zombie apocolypse, outlaws anything that implies the dead coming back to life and cannibalism.

As a result of this, there will no longer be any drinking of Jesus' blood, eating his flesh or celebrating his ressurrection.

You're still free to believe in him but you cannot practice the traditions that have been practiced for centuries.

Not quite so free.

that's the problem, not y'alls obsession with cut, or uncut, penises.

That is a nice way of putting it.
The reallity is they know these people will never ever abandon the practices of their faiths, so they are setting laws up that are guaranteed to criminalize them. Discrimination taken to the extreme.
And yes it is shocking that so many here are for this horrid form of discrimination. History repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

traditions continue from generation to generation.

I was bar mitzvahed, so was my dad and his dad before him. my kids will be bar and bah mitzvahed.

And my son suffered thru the traumatic, horrible, disfiguring bris as did I, my dad, his dad and so on.

explain to me how a circumcision endagers a child. explain how I was traumatized by it. Other than my fear of scissors, I am really normal and the scissor fear is just one of those things that nobody can explain.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well I have no personal experience that is true I did have to diaper and take care of those three little boys and none of them were overly fussy at diapering time so I can only guess that it didnt bother them too much. I know when they had ear infections they cried. When they had a belly ache they cried. If their weenies hurt from this I would imagine they would cry.

link   

they're for it because it isn't them being discriminated against, it's jews and muslims.

link   
It's almost impossible to have a view on this without knowing the true intentions of the court in this.

It could be a veiled attempt to drive the Jews out of Germany by closet Bigot's, or it could be simply a decision based on the individuals rights. Problem is there is no way to know.

Personally I suspect the first, since the procedure does not harm anyone and it's such an ingrained part of peoples cultures.

I wonder if some of the responses on this thread would be the same if this were about an African Tribe that engages in piercings or tattoos of their children? I'm betting some of you would immediately defend their right to practice their culture and even though your not saying it, this is because of genuine anti-Semitic attitudes or anti-Religious ones.

Nothing would surprise me anymore. Seeing people right here over the years defend strapping bombs to children, blowing up civilians and acts of terrorism, while at the same time criticizing peaceful religions has jaded me. This topic would be like a magnet for anti-Semites.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join