It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you not like this song?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Another reason I hate these new mainstream songs is that the new generations don't even know they're remakes. They don't have any idea about sampling etc. I've got into so many heated arguments with teenagers, they only listen to the newer mainstream songs.

Btw this what people used to jam to in the 90's, club music...all big hits.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

Hey, I love the J-lo song, its the warm up song for zumba sometimes, and here is their second collaboration, I reckon you'll like it

Other songs I love at present....

But I also love this....

edit on 19-6-2012 by solargeddon because: oopsy on the embed

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think the OP is trollin'

Any moderators about?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
you want a song that gets you amped?

boom.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6/19/2012 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2012 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I prefer the original song that they took the sample for the main chorus from:

This song is more epic to the power of 10.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
Ya'll are being a bunch of pretentious hipsters! There's no need to be so rude to the OP.

I'm a musician myself, play both the guitar and the piano. I listen to a wide variety of music, from any generation and any genre..Satie, Bach, Ohgr, VNV Nation, Pixies, Enya, Morrissey, Tool, The Doors, Faure, Dylan, Aphex Twin, KMFDM, Coldplay, Nirvana, Mozart..etc, etc..

And I also like to listen pop type stuff, that was made for dancing.. Madonna, Britney Spears, J-lo, Katy Perry, Abba.
Listening to mainstream music doesn't diminish me or my musical ability in the least.
If I like it, I listen to it, no matter what elitist music snobs like you guys think!

S&F EA, for being yourself

There is good pop and there is not good pop, the pop being posted by the OP is sewage-standard nonsense that only a teenage girl could entertain. There is no soul or redeeming features to that type of music, none at all

What is all this dancing nonsense being talked about, who cares about dancing?

To a world where the leaders finally confess
To the burning of the Stock Exchange and bombing of the press
To a world without hunger, where royalty face death
To the breaking down of barriers of North, South, East and West
I think the answer's yes, yes, yes, I think the answer's yes
I think the answer's yes, yes, yes, I think the answer's yes

Please. There is pop and then there is Britney Spears and Pitbull. You don't have to be a hipster to reject their rubbish

Please wake me up when mainstream pop artists begin to write anything worth my time again, until then their media beats and production will not suffice. If I want to kick-back to electronic beats I can find much better than Pitbull. And if I want pop cheese I can find pop cheese filled with sarcastic genius, as above

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Please wake me up when mainstream pop artists begin to write anything worth my time again, until then their media beats and production will not suffice.

The worst part is that they don't even write it themselves, but instead hire someone to do it for them as they have absolutely no skills themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Please wake me up when mainstream pop artists begin to write anything worth my time again, until then their media beats and production will not suffice.

The worst part is that they don't even write it themselves, but instead hire someone to do it for them as they have absolutely no skills themselves.

did you ever build the home you happened to be living in at the time?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That's a bit different. I didn't get famous for living in my home.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

That's a bit different. I didn't get famous for living in my home.

You know how many fans Jennifer Lopez has? I'd say, probably just the right amount to keep telling J'LO whether to press forward or pull buck. It takes more than one person to present these kinds of expression, and obviously, a lot of people are *feelin it. I don't see anything wrong with that. Am I missing something?
edit on 19-6-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Just saying there's a difference between living in a house and writing a song.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

it's all so uninteresting and shallow is probably the best word I can think of. There seems to be a notion, especially amongst commercial pop artists of today, that their content matter has to be rubbish and about dancing and boyfriends and other such teenage girl things. I understand pop has always been like that, but now more than ever, true artists are finding it harder to make any noise, and it shouldn't be like that, not with the internet about giving struggling artists a bit of a leg up

What happened to the artists who wrote themselves and more importantly wrote something worth talking about. Maybe I'm just miserable but I don't want to hear some pleb telling me to get up and dance, dance, dance, dance. Give me something to drink to, something to ponder on, if I drink enough I might dance later on... without music

Paul Heaton could write rings around every global pop artist I can think of today, while drunk, and riding his bicycle to Australia.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
Yeah not feeling it. Can't do the generic commercial music anymore, not after finding things with more emotion, more musical complexity, more creativity, etc.

Plus one to all the Clutch fans! I was hooked after a friend played Cypress Grove for me years ago.

If you wanna go way away from the pop/dance genre check this one out.

edit on 19-6-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting this one, I haven't heard this band before but I really, really like what I have heard so far.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Glad you like it! The vocals can put off some people at first if you haven't listened to this style much, but I think it is beautiful. If you like them check out these two, another two of my favorites in the melodeath genre.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I had a rough night one night a few months ago, came to the office with my hair not fixed at all. Apparently I looked a bit like Justin Bieber
So the guys printed out the lyrics to 'Baby' and hung them in my office. It had the song credits on the lyrics and I was shocked and amazed it took 5 or 6 people to write that gem.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This song sucks worse then Brittany's Circus Circus.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
here's a few more of my favs, and to show that i'm not just a stoner rock metal head.

and here is a cover that is is damn near as good as the original if not better...

Here is some real music.

because Maynard has a sense of humor

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Sure, I don't hear any passion in the music.It was written by RedOne, and the song uses clips from a song called 'Lambada' by an artist called Kaoma. It's just the same as all the other pop music musicians trying to pull off electronica. It's a fad, It will be a great song until her next one replaces it and so forth. Singles written by someone else to be sang by a 3rd party, a 3rd party using autotune.
edit on 20-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

This is someone else's song

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Which song? DId you read my first post? I was the first to put the song that J.Lo sampled. As for the 90's songs...no one can touch the late 80's early 90's when it came to dance songs!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join