It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doublespeak? Say it ain't so!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Yes of course satan exists. He is the symbol for the pride/jealousy and ego that lives more or less in every human. He is the thing you have to overcome to more harmonious/loving and One with everything around you.

According to you, "He is the thing you have to overcome to more harmonious/loving".

This means the ultimate result because of satan's existence is good, right? This is exactly my point - wouldn't you consider satan as a tool of God which leads to an ultimate good ending?

edit on 19/6/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

In a way ego is something that changes you and make you experiance things that might give you a greater understanding so yes it is a tool in a way. But in the same time it is a sickness that will make your life a missery. Maybe that you can enjoy life to the fullest if you have been sick very long time before since you know how bad it can get so you want to keep away from the sickness at all cost. The sick ones if they survive get antibodies for the sickness.

But should we let a sickness (ego) run wild and kill people as we do now or should we make remedies instead against it so nobody/or as few as possible do not have to be sick?
edit on 19-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

There has always been dualism. Light is nothing without dark to compare it to.

I think this is completely wrong tho dude. with all do respect. Light was created, it can be measured, calculated,
and even broken down in a lab. Darkness does not exist because it's what you have when there is no light. When you have no light what you have is friggen nothing. Therefore there was a time when their was no dualism.
It is darkness that does not exist because it describes the absence of something / light.

SnF for a great thread.
edit on 19-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is just too egocentric for me to swallow.

I cannot subscribe to a belief where I am more important than anyone else in the world.

I agree. I think of everyone as equally as important as myself.

This is a logical conclusion, as aiding in the survival and progress of all human beings, and by extension, organisms that exist on our planet, increases our very own interests significantly. And opposite effect is true as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by Erbal
It's a slippery slope of double standards and hypocrisy.

Amazing that you can get that tiny little bit out of it, yet you miss the big picture. Hypocrisy was the point! I have been here a while. I have been on the receiving end of religious venom, fire and brimstone to the point that I thought I was a Christian, but there is no way in HELL I want to associate myself with the ones here flashing that banner.

One of the big things we are accused of is "doublespeak". I suppose because when someone asks specifically about one of the few things we are obligated not to discuss, we don't answer or deflect the question. We even say we are doing it, but that is usually missed.

Then we get the worst kind of Christian come around. The super Judging Christina. One who feels as if he alone knows Jesus Christs will and cleverly hides that under the guise of quoting scripture. He tells us we are worshiping the devil. Then one of the same types of "Christians" has a site that denies duality. I find that a bit odd. Even dare I say it, Hypocritical!

So the whole "Hate" thing is way over the top. I admit it. But why else would an entire site be dedicated to the destruction of multiple other groups beliefs. Is it because that is what Jesus would have done?
That venom stems from the deep-seeded fear that they may be wrong or have doubts. When the ego is threatened, it lashes out violently towards others like a beast. This is how most of us behave when we lose control of ourselves. If one's belief is totally cemented, then they would not ever harm another, in any way. They would speak their peace, openly, lovingly, and not simply toss around Bible quotes, but actually think for themselves. A proper Christian is one that has tamed his ego and has become selfless (like Jesus), but oddly enough, such a concept is not typically taught to them in that way. Ego liberation is taught in other schools of religion/philosophy, but "hardcore" Christians are too afraid to learn and apply another religion's teachings. Fear, fear everywhere.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." - Yoda

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12-13

People seethe because of this very reason. When abortion, for example, is called out for what it is - the deliberate murder of human life - those who have chosen to do it feel immense guilt when they hear Thou Shalt Not Murder. Why? They know on one hand intuitively that it is true, yet many will fight to erase that reminder from their lives. It convicts them in their spirit, yet only a few are brought to repentance because most fight it. So Christians are then called judgemental - even when it's the Holy Spirit convicting them. Jesus demonstrated this beautifully throughout the gospel. But today, what we have is a society that has unknowingly sucked in propaganda and indoctrination to change their moral beliefs. Why? It creates and festers that end time spirit of disobedience which will fight Christ Jesus leading to His return. The Holy Spirit is convicting them today, He is witnessing the OP's hypocritical attempts to defame the faithful of Christ as "haters" whilst he himself belongs to the organisation participating in the propaganda and indoctrination of millions into Godlessness. His organisation's calling card is stamped on everything around the world like a dog that pees on trees, yet, he himself feels the conviction for his words. I can share with him that forgiveness has already taken place, yet he must choose to humble his heart in repentance for his deeds.

Jesus and The Father make their home in my spirit, they are with me every step of the way.. This is why Jesus said to Paul "Saul, Saul....why do you persecute ME?" Paul had been persecuting Jesus' brethren - those in Christ - and Christ IN THEM.

Therefore, since He is with me, what need is there to study the doctrines of demons? "You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons." Our OP claims that Masonry is compatible with Christianity - yet he knows this is not true.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Therefore, since He is with me, what need is there to study the doctrines of demons? "You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons." Our OP claims that Masonry is compatible with Christianity - yet he knows this is not true.

Quite simply, a Brotherhood in the dark is not a brotherhood in the light.

You cannot be both. Share your love openly, or you entomb it.

Does one put a light under a bushel?

Well stated who knows.

edit on 19-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12-13

The above is there for a reason.

The Holy Spirit is convicting them today, He is witnessing the OP's hypocritical attempts to defame the faithful of Christ as "haters" whilst he himself belongs to the organisation participating in the propaganda and indoctrination of millions into Godlessness. His organisation's calling card is stamped on everything around the world like a dog that pees on trees, yet, he himself feels the conviction for his words. I can share with him that forgiveness has already taken place, yet he must choose to humble his heart in repentance for his deeds.

I just have to say thank you. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You have done in one post what I dedicated an entire thread to try to get across.
You first posted a Bible verse, thinking it was going to scare us all with it's reverence, then you go directly against the very verse you post and do exactly what I as the OP wrote about in the OP.

I am sure your HUGE ego will not let you see this, but it's there for everyone else to enjoy.

It's God's place to judge and he sees everything. Your place is to try to keep yourself on the right path.
Thanks again Thumper.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

There has always been dualism. Light is nothing without dark to compare it to.

I think this is completely wrong tho dude. with all do respect. Light was created, it can be measured, calculated,
and even broken down in a lab. Darkness does not exist because it's what you have when there is no light. When you have no light what you have is friggen nothing. Therefore there was a time when their was no dualism.
It is darkness that does not exist because it describes the absence of something / light.

SnF for a great thread.

This could be pondered for eons. Darkness is the absence of light. Light was created by God. It stands to reason that darkness wasn't there until God made it as well. So in the Beginning....God created both Darkness and Light. Duality in it's purest form.

This could get deep randy, better get the boots out.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well it's your thread stud.

Are you suggesting it's crap.

Surely you aren't going to disagree. What do you have when all you have is the darkness of space ? You have absolutely nothing. It isn't complicated Net. That's why you are saying God had to create darkness and not the Bible. Because thee Bible is right and you're wrong. God didn't have to create nothing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Who knows whether darkness or light was there was there first...?

The Bible certainly disagrees with you:

Genesis 1:1-2:
In the beginning God created the heaven and earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.... And God said, let there be light, and there was light.

Science and the bible often contradict. Nobody has yet proved either to be right or wrong, so such a claim as yours is, in my opinion, simply your opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Are you suggesting it's crap.

Surely you aren't going to disagree. What do you have when all you have is the darkness of space ? You have absolutely nothing. It isn't complicated Net.that's why you are saying God had to create darkness and not the Bible. Because thee Bible is right and you're wrong. God didn't have to create nothing.

I was talking about my level of BS that was about to start flowing.

There is nothing without God. But God didn't just appear and start making stuff did he? (I honestly don't know, but I am trying to sound like I do)
So God created darkness. He couldn't read and kept bumping into the damn couch on his way to the restroom, so he created light. (lighten up Randy
)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Alright alright I'm lighter now. But will you at least consider that which has racked my little pea brain for years ?

Are we even on topic ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

In the beginning God created the heaven and earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.... And God said, let there be light, and there was light.

Where else would darkness be but in the nothingness of deep space. you are trying to turn around the exact verse that confirms what I'm saying pard . To no avail. don't try to tell me how to make nonsense out the Bible.
It won't happen.

Science only believes in what it can take in to the lab and dissect. Light not darkness. Darkness / nothing does not exist. What is so complicated here ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ok, scientifically, it is now speculated that two thirds of the mass of the universe is made up of dark matter. That would make darkness something, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

we are speculating on something that is wayyyyy beyond comprehension. Like time travel.
If we follow my train of thought, God created the heaven and the Earth. Who created God?
Was he always there? What did he do before he started to create stuff? How long was he there?
Is time even a factor for him?

Answer those questions, and I will bring more.
You have 5 minutes. the clock is ticking............

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

What is coal for a 1000 Alex ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What is coal for a 1000 Alex ?

Black.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by randyvs

we are speculating on something that is wayyyyy beyond comprehension. Like time travel.
If we follow my train of thought, God created the heaven and the Earth. Who created God?
Was he always there? What did he do before he started to create stuff? How long was he there?
Is time even a factor for him?

Answer those questions, and I will bring more.
You have 5 minutes. the clock is ticking............

What you suggest is an infinite number of retro generations. God is the causeless cause of which there must be because what you suggest is impossible. Did I make the time ?

This is fun.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Two thirds speculation ? The universe is ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Forgive me for quoting wikipedia, but I am doing several things at once, and don't have a better link at hand:

Dark Matter

EDIT: Ok, from the Wiki link, more than two thirds.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How did God divide the darkness from the light?

With a word.

You see with your eyes closed, there is darkness, nothing.

You hear with your ears closed, there is silence, darkness, nothing.

Now open them.

What do you see?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join