It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doublespeak? Say it ain't so!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

A devil is a demon, it can take many shapes and forms, there is not one Devil, there are many devils.
Just like Elohim, Yahweh and Lord don't necessarily refers to God. But can refer to gods or masters.
And that angel, means messenger, and not necessarily someone with wings that comes from heaven.
Just as Satan means adversary, there are many Satan's we are probably all Satan to something i.e. opposed.

Funny to be on the other side and being generalized and judged as a whole. Starting to see why you masons react the way you do, when all of you are put in one box

edit on 18-6-2012 by Schrödinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Dualism is incompatible with Christianity because it rejects the Christian belief that God is all-powerful (omnipotent).

The very notion of ominpotence and omnipresence pretty much destroys any credibility of hellfire, damnation, and evil. There are many problems with believing in any organized religion, but there are plenty of good things when people come together for a common good. So I think religions are wonderful tools for open-minded and critical thinking people, but they are also powerfully dangerous for fanatical and easily manipulated people.

Starred and Flagged, ND, although I probably won't waste too much energy fighting the fanatics, it never does any good.

I am a deistic pantheistic christian, how is that incompatible?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
Funny to be on the other side and being generalized and judged as a whole. Starting to see why you masons react the way you do, when all of you are put in one box

thanks for getting the BIG picture.

The group referenced in the thread is a small fanatical sect of demons who claim to be "Christians" while searching out any group that doesn't fit into a tiny box of beliefs. you know,....a cult. Am I being too melodramatic? probably, but then what fun would this be without people going overboard.

The Hippocracy is so pathetically funny that it has to come to light. A person who has no real idea what Masonry is or what it's about condemns the entire group to hell based on the words of a mortal man who was dumb enough to misinterpret the words written in the Bible. The very same book that tells the story of Jesus who walked the earth spreading the message of love. Asking for all to love God, his father. It was a simple message. But then it had to be adjusted, changed, and re-written by some to fit their agenda. And there you get organized religion. The cause of most if not all war, death and destruction since the beginning of "the age of reason".

//end rant//

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yea I knew what your intention was, I was just being a bit dramatic.
Still, it hurts me to see something as simple as Christianity being abused by so many people around the world.
It is actually pretty simple.

Do unto others what you want others do unto you.
Forgive others and yourself.
Give instead of taking.
And most importantly love everything and everyone.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It is actually pretty simple.

Do unto others what you want others do unto you.
Forgive others and yourself.
Give instead of taking.
And most importantly love everything and everyone.

You should start a church. ( I hear you could make a killing!)

Seriously, you and I are on the same page. I am not sure I would classify myself a deistic, pantheist, Christian, but labels are silly anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You sound like my very close agnostic friend, he keeps telling me I should throw of the labels, and just be myself...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You sound like my very close agnostic friend, he keeps telling me I should throw of the labels, and just be myself...

Careful with that...

Man is still ashamed to walk naked in the garden.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

You are so right, metaphorical, and literally, as well as esoteric

You might not realize it, but that reply actually helped me, where I am in my life right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

You are so right, metaphorical, and literally, as well as esoteric

You might not realize it, but that reply actually helped me, where I am in my life right now.

I did not help you!

You helped you. The understanding came from within you.

If you did not understand, you would not be helped.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife
It has nothing to do with Christian theology, but rather finding a common ground on which we can both stand.

Believing that Christ is God is not common ground and is most certainly Christian theology as the majority of the people on the planet do not believe in this. I am not following you in this lne of thought.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
And there you get organized religion. The cause of most if not all war, death and destruction since the beginning of "the age of reason".
So, humans aren't the cause of wars, religion is? I don't follow that logic.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erbal

Humans are the cause of all human misery on this planet. He is just giving you one of the more (most?) popular rationales we use to justify said misery.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It has nothing to do with Christian theology, but rather finding a common ground on which we can both stand.

Believing that Christ is God is not common ground and is most certainly Christian theology as the majority of the people on the planet do not believe in this. I am not following you in this lne of thought.

Perhaps we are lost on semantics.

Where do you place Christ in your world view?

If it is as just a man, that is fine with me. He washed his disciples feet. He would not mind.

What ever level you wish to place Christ on, I place you on, at least in my own mind.

It is my right isn't it? My own mind?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Humans are the cause of all human misery on this planet. He is just giving you one of the more (most?) popular rationales we use to justify said misery.
Well, clearly, it's a biased and inaccurate opinion.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Erbal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Lol@ this thread.

I love ya netdude.

Bwahahaha.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Perhaps we are lost on semantics.

I believe so.

Where do you place Christ in your world view?

If it is as just a man, that is fine with me. He washed his disciples feet. He would not mind.

A profound man, but just a man.

It is my right isn't it? My own mind?

Indeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

A profound man, but just a man.

Ok, well since we have agreed and met on the level of a Man...

What is a Man?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well, clearly, it's a biased and inaccurate opinion.

Biased and inacurate? So you do not feel people have been smacking each other around over religion for all of our recorded history?

The whole, 'I like my flavor of God better than yours' thing. No validity?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What is a Man?

Flawed but capable of profound greatness.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What is a Man?

Flawed but capable of profound greatness.

A flawed what?

What flaws?

By who's standard are you measuring these flaws?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join