It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins 21 of 25 delegates elected in Iowa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul wins 21 of 25 delegates elected in Iowa

www.foxnews.com...

DES MOINES, Iowa – Mitt Romney was pipped at the post by Rick Santorum at the Iowa caucuses in January, but neither will head into the national convention with the majority of delegates from the Hawkeye State.

Instead Ron Paul will go to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., in August with 21 of the 25 unbound delegates elected from Iowa over the weekend.

Paul won 10 of 13 delegates elected at Saturday's state convention in addition to having won 11 of 12 delegates elected at Friday night's district conventions.

"We thank the many Iowa Republican activists for working tirelessly toward this meaningful victory, in particular the work they performed in the service of constitutional government and personal liberty," Ron Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton said.

Regardless of what comes out of all this... Ron Paul's voice was heard more than ever before, and has changed the way many think about Government.

There are many that love to hate on the man, calling is foreign policy 'dangerous' and that he doesn't understand the reality of the situation. Well I say, maybe he understands the situation in which we've created and recognizes the problems with the reality that we live in.

Still writing in RP!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've been saying all along that I'd still vote for Ron Paul, but even if I don't vote for him, I'm sure as hell not voting for Obama or Romney.

They can kiss their asses goodbye.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm just glad to see that Ron Paul can still take 21 out of 25, considering all the rhetoric that aims at preventing such numbers. The fight is over? To vote for Ron Paul doesn't matter? It's good to see that at least 21 people have pulled their heads out of their asses and seen the light.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The shills and other people in the R-money and Obama camp do not realize how many people Ron Paul will attract from the Obama side and the Republican side. Those who are blinded by two party partisan politics will vote for Romney because they want 'change' after Obama's change was not what they expected.

Regardless of the trends, I will vote for Ron Paul regardless of what the propaganda folks at CNN tell me and I hope and believe that the delegates will be voting with their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Coming from Fox .. im surprise
i guess they cant hide the real delegates number anymore

Until the next Potus is elected
i will still beleive Ron Paul has a really big chance to win

edit on 6/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I absolutely supported Ron Paul's "message" and up until his kid endorced Romney, I even believed he had a chance to win. I saw an "attempted" interview with Rand Paul, and he completely ignored the the questions of WHY he NOW endorces Romney and the implications that has for his father's "revolution"....his lack of response made me sick....sell-out little scum-bag....I have heard some speculate the Paul's were threatened, perhaps that is possible, just a dagger in the HEART of America.....I say....I'm not playing by thier "rules" anymore....enough is enough.....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

The fight is over? To vote for Ron Paul doesn't matter?

Yeah it seems such claims were vastly premature... the people making such claims simply wanted to destroy hope in the Ron Paul camp. In fact they've been saying Ron Paul has zero chance of winning the whole god damn time. It's not over until it's over.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

DES MOINES — Rick Santorum won the Iowa caucuses in January, with Mitt Romney a close second, but neither was the true winner this weekend when the delegates who actually will vote at the Republican National Convention were selected. That would be Ron Paul.

The congressman from Texas finished a distant third in the Iowa caucuses more than six months ago, but of the 28 delegates selected Friday and Saturday to head to the national convention, 23 are Paul supporters – and they are not bound to support the victor of the state’s first-in-the-nation voting contest.

It’s part of a quiet strategy by Paul and his backers to amass an army of supporters at the GOP gathering in August in Tampa, Fla., to push Paul’s views on liberty, states' rights, the monetary system and foreign policy. By working arcane electoral rules and getting supporters into positions of power in local, county and state party operations, the strategy is paying dividends across the nation.

Ron Paul's Iowa maneuvers place GOP in awkward position
www.latimes.com...

The amount of voters that Ron Paul can attract no where near removes him from the race, this coming August should bring quite the show. Not to mention the CRAZINESS that will be November... I can still smell the last election and it was an amazing entree, as this main course is being prepared I am only growing more hungry.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I absolutely supported Ron Paul's "message" and up until his kid endorced Romney, I even believed he had a chance to win. I saw an "attempted" interview with Rand Paul, and he completely ignored the the questions of WHY he NOW endorces Romney and the implications that has for his father's "revolution"....his lack of response made me sick....sell-out little scum-bag....

I think it's important to understand Ron and Rand are not the same person. You can't expect them to believe in the exact same things. He's trying to create his own image instead of being a clone of his father, and who can blame him for that. There are some videos such as this one where Rand explains why he has supported Romney. I don't agree with his choice and it annoys me too, but I don't think it's fair to make judgments about his father based on his actions. They are not the same person. Plus we don't know all the details of the situation and we may be missing pieces of the puzzle. It's quite rude to start flinging around such insults when you don't know the whole story yet.
edit on 17/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

THANK YOU. I am so tired of people equating Rand's actions with Ron's. I don't support Ron Paul but I'm tired of these idiotic posts.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The powers that be have already selected the winner. Ron Paul has known all along because he is one of them. Stop being a sheep and following this man who thinks you to be stupid. ALL POLITICS IS FAKE.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Well, fair enough...I do NOT know the whole story yet, and so far Ron Paul has not made a statement, when his son endorced Romney he implied his father also supported him, and nothing has been said since that I am aware of to deny that. If my dissapointment comes off as "rude" that was not my intention....but as a strong Ron Paul supporter I am very upset and disheartened about this...and I think some sort of statement is in order by Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
big ron paul rally next month, out of character for someone who supposedly is no longer in the race. I love how they tried to make us believe the good doctor was unelectable just because they said so. he was elected to the senate, morons, I think that pretty much proves he is electable. I see lots of ron paul signs in people's yards and some obama bumper stickers, I don't see any actual person backing romney.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

THANK YOU. I am so tired of people equating Rand's actions with Ron's. I don't support Ron Paul but I'm tired of these idiotic posts.

If you want to call my opinion and post "idiotic" have the courage to address me directly.....I think to say Rand Paul's actions don't directly reflect on his father is pretty "idiotic".....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

well perhaps papa needs to take little rand behind the wood shed

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman

well perhaps papa needs to take little rand behind the wood shed

LOL...that's funny...needed a laugh...but seriously how can anyone still believe Ron Paul has a chance after his kid endorced Romney...with NO response from his father?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

because we are still going to vote for him. write in if neccessary.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Speaking of the wood shed, just because there was no PUBLIC response doesn't mean there wasn't a private one.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Well, I would have said the same thing up until recently...I don't know anymore...I really think it is "bizzare" that I am taking so much "heat" in this thread for stating what I see as "obvious"......Rand Paul sealed his father's fate IMO....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

....Rand Paul sealed his father's fate IMO....

If you want to lump Ron and Rand together and blame the actions of one on the other, then from your perspective any wrong move by either party would seal the fate of the other party. If however, you accept the fact they have different beliefs and aren't the same person, then Ron Paul still has a fighting chance. I can guarantee you that Ron is highly pissed off at the actions of his son, but he can't make decisions for his son, he's not a little boy anymore. I don't even think Ron gave the 'blessing' to his Son to support Romney, when he was asked that question on CNN he completely ignored and avoided the question... he would not answer whether Paul gave him the go ahead, so I doubt Paul actually did.

<<   2  3 >>

join