It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dating shows are back....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm sure most consider these the worst type of TV trash, and I'd have to agree...

That said, there's something very "train-wrecky" about watching them.

One of the new ones (Love in the Wild) is hosted by Jenny McCarthy, and has a bunch of singles in Costa Rica, competing to stay on the show, and couple up.

While scantily clad singles are its main claim to fame....the REAL reason to watch (for me) is seeing some of the breathtaking vistas of Costa Rica in super HD on a big 60" screen. Man, I feel like I'm there, and that place is GORGEOUS... Survivor is much the same way in HD. (But I'll admit I watch that because I'm a fan of the show).

On this dating show, it'll be hard for me to keep watching without my favorite dude on it. If you ever saw Scrubs, and know who Dr. Cox is, well, this guy Tim (one of the contestants), not only looked a LOT like him, but acted a lot like the character too. Ah, that was some good TV, hehe.... He got voted out though. Bummer. Too bad for the Tim-meister....(yes, he sometimes called himself that...priceless).

Another new one is (Take Me Out), hosted by George Lopez. This cruel show has 30 women who all have a button. A guy comes out, and all their lights are on. If the gals don't like something about him (initial impression), personal info, some kind of talent, they shut off their light. At the end of three rounds, if even one light is lit, he can pick one of them to go out on a date. So far, I've seen at least a couple of dudes get the "blackout" where nobody is into him, hehe...
I doubt this one will make it even the whole season.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
take me out has done 2 seasons here in the UK and isn't too bad entertainment and its quite funny thanks to Paddy

but i guess we do love a train wreck of some goth on holiday in cyprus with a chav who's idea of culture is what grows inbetween their toes

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

They are entertaining, no doubt about it. You have to wonder though, as we get more and more in to reality shows, how long until we have a hunger games type show with prison inmates or some other undesirable fighting eachother.

I've seen Take Me Out and it isn't all bad but the women on there seem so materialistic and shallow. Like they are only there to be on TV. Which isn't surprising considering everyone wants to be the next kardashian.

I also like to watch some shows just for the scenery aspect. Love in the Wild IMO is more entertaining then Take Me Out. I watched that new show about racing through the desert in Africa or somewhere last year for the scenery. It wasn't a bad show but the scenery keep me watching.
edit on 15-6-2012 by MrSandman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

The best part of Take Me Out, is seeing what points make all the girls start switching off their lights.
If nothing else, it's a great dating primer to show you what things may be major turnoffs for a lot of women.

Riding a bike because you care about the environment....good.
Riding a bike because you are broke and sleep in a gym....bad.

top topics

join