It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret of ageing found: Japanese scientists pave way to everlasting life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Secret of ageing found: Japanese scientists pave way to everlasting life

www.rt.com

Japan, which already tops the world’s life expectancy list, now has another tool to cement its leading position. The country’s scientists say they have discovered a protein responsible for ageing and learnt to control it.

A group of scientists from Osaka University have found that one of the components of the human complement system is directly responsible for ageing, Russia’s ITAR-TASS quotes Japanese media on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is a really interesting short article I must admit.
So do check it out...

So Japan slowly finds out what really makes us old and how to prevent it.
I think this is great in many ways because it can help us to live longer. But on the other hand can the earth fit us all in at once?

Additionally I think that it is quite scary that we will live past 100 and probably feel like 50 or so. It is plausible but again unrealistic in a world that only hears of some people managing to breach the barrier.

Will we become the wrinkly old rebels in the future?
Who knows...?

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

Could an enzyme that controls C1q have been in the fruit of the tree of life?

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I kinda think that life-extension science is a bad idea. The planet is already heavily overpopulated, and women keep having babies. On a macro level, we need old people to die off at a faster rate than new babies are created, or women need to stop having so many babies. While both babies and old people are incredibly frustrating, old people can at least communicate and tell good stories. So, I think women need to cease and desist on the baby output. Have all the sex you want, but take the pill; It's a lot less expensive than raising children.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
i was wondering how the rockefeller , kissenger , and all them controllers of the world are still alive !

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Most probably it can be.
I think that there is a huge chance that scientists will be growing them soon in the lab.
Selling them too us for about $10 a piece if the rich man get it.
That's why the first place to invest my money would probably go to science..Than Greece (I think I can get a nice mansion for about 40k
)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
With their creation we can look young just as long as we don't mind living in a quarantined bubble to prevent any illness. Your immune system is essential.... Lmao

Or perhaps it may end up more like this,

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
i was wondering how the rockefeller , kissenger , and all them controllers of the world are still alive !

Exactly! All of them have been around since at least the early 1900s, and basically look the same as they did back then. Then of you have people like Dick Cheney who, rather than just accept the inevitability of death, insist on a heart transplant for an added boost. I am an organ donor, but I have an advanced care directive and verbiage in my will that lists exceptions to my organ donor status. I've basically listed people who I don't want receiving my organs under any circumstances. The list includes anyone involved with the Bilderberg Group, anyone with the last name of "Bush", and Justin Beiber.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by manifesto

Well if that is how it will happen than I think Ill have what she is having.
(random second line)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Any proof to this?

Just wondering because it's plausible.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
everlasting life?i dnt want it!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

What they're saying is, the aging process is partially caused by a protein wearing out chromosomes, but if they mess with the protein it screws up cell reproduction.

Did they really need to waste their time to found that out?

If they want to stop aging they need to work on repairing chromosomes and leave the cell reproduction process a lone. i.e. Like repairing a printing plate used for lithography, we need to repair the chromosomes - not switch to a new ink.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by draco49
I kinda think that life-extension science is a bad idea. The planet is already heavily overpopulated, and women keep having babies. On a macro level, we need old people to die off at a faster rate than new babies are created, or women need to stop having so many babies. While both babies and old people are incredibly frustrating, old people can at least communicate and tell good stories. So, I think women need to cease and desist on the baby output. Have all the sex you want, but take the pill; It's a lot less expensive than raising children.

Ah, where to begin, where to begin? If women would just stop that nasty little habit of theirs, then there would be less babies to frustrate young males. It would be a lot less expensive for young males too! That way, young males could still continue to have all the sex they wanted with none of the bother of consequences.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

everlasting life?i dnt want it!

She pave way longer life
may
but even a universe not last 4 ever

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I think that there is something hidden behind all of this.
Hopefully guys in tin foil hats will tell us the right and wrong

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Ah, where to begin, where to begin? If women would just stop that nasty little habit of theirs, then there would be less babies to frustrate young males. It would be a lot less expensive for young males too! That way, young males could still continue to have all the sex they wanted with none of the bother of consequences.

Sex need not have consequences. You can dance around that whole "it takes two" argument, but it's the woman who physically has to incubate and give birth, so if they want to avoid pregnancy, they should take birth control. To be fair, I think the men should have to kick in the cost of the pill. It comes down to this... if you want to have sex, but don't want a baby, take the pill. Then, everyone can enjoy all the sex they want and the whole baby issue is taken out of the picture.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by draco49

Any proof to this?

Just wondering because it's plausible.

Well there's no shortage of proof that a 67yo Dick Cheney somehow qualified as a heart-transplant recipient. As for the Rockefellers and Kissinger, I don't have any tangible proof, but in my heart I know that evil like that doesn't die easily

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

u did not see 75 yrs old jap. bodybuilders yet
when i first saw them my eyes jumped on my forehead!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
TPTB will never let them fly with this people! They allready want 9/10 of Earths population disappeared! Imagine 20 billion instead of the 9 we have now, its just not feasible, Earth dont have the room.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Obviously in the early stages of development...

By casting the protein “into sleep” and slowing the ageing process, scientists also block the body’s entire immune system. So far, a way of stopping the ageing and keeping the immune system working has not been found.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join