It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Its funny how when you mention pedophilia, a mans image comes to people's mind. Those disorders are in women too but society thinks women are harmless of doing something like that.

_____

One of my friend was screwed over by his "girl friend", she hid he pregnancy for 5 months, he was trying to call to ask about why she was not talking to him and avoiding him for the 5 months. She comes back after 5-6 months and says to my friend that she pregnant and he need to take care of it.. lol.. Everyone looked at him as th ebad guy for being irresponsible..

Now he stop hanging around with us, dropped out of school, and taking care of his kid on a crappy job. he tells me that he is only in it for the kid, he doesn't want her to find a another boyfriend who will abuse the child.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

petrus4
Your vulnerability is appreciated. (And you anger is duly noted.) Vulnerability is what women rarely get to see, and while some may not think it is masculine to have vulnerability or need, it is precisely that vulnerability which lies behind so much "male posturing" that we need to know exists. It humanizes you. I'm sorry you are alone. In this whole duality of "men v. women" "women v. men" the Big SmackDown for Cultural Dominance and/or Social Justice, we forget we are far more than our respective biology. We are spiritual and emotional beings; we are all human.

I believe that men and women are like the wings of a bird - if one is stronger than the other, the bird cannot really fly. When both are equal, both respected, both considered, both given compassion, both allowed to express and be fully human, both working toward mutual success, both aimed at the sky - then there will be true peace in the world. The bully (both male and female) seeks power OVER. Mature adults (both male and female) seek shared power and responsibility, imo.

petrus4, it would seem a severe blow to your confidence has occurred and continues to claim you. At least that is what I am taking away from your post. Please correct me if I am wrong. Know that a mature woman will appreciate Faithfulness, Dependability, Kindness, Intelligence, Moral Integrity (honesty, ability to overcome temptation, doing what you say you will do, etc.), the ability to be a good father (patience, caring, ability to teach and play with the young folk/babies - we dig that...), a good sense of humor, passion, generosity, and yes, confidence. Oh yeah, and the vulnerability behind all that strength. And if a woman is too wounded (most likely by other men) to be able to see these good qualities in a man, it is not the man's fault. Finding a woman who echos these qualities is essential to having a good relationship, too. (AND I would say to talk to your doctor, get good nutrition, etc. for your own sense of confidence in your physical being...it could make all the difference in the world...)

Kali Ma - the goddess of empowerment, time and change (transformation), the power of birth and death, the cycles of life: quite a powerful force!! She stands on Lord Shiva, the ultimate masculine principle, with Kali, he is creator, preserver, destroyer, the one who blesses and reveals, and also the one who conceals. They make a great team...

Blessings,
AB

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents here....
Prostate cancer isn't as cool as breast cancer. Why? Because more people have risen up for the cause and made it more prevalent in the public eye.

Some prostate cancer screening has become a little more hip now, but it still isn't spoken of as much.

Also...one other thing to consider about breast cancer vs prostate cancer....MEN and women can BOTH get breast cancer.
Yes...men can get breast cancer. It's rare, but it does happen. Women on the other hand have no prostate. So there is no way women can get prostate cancer. None.

So...just for the record....breast cancer research can help both women AND men.

I'm not touching the rest of the OP!!!

edit on 7-6-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Since the OP seems to have missed my question, I will ask it again.

Which rights are being violated?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
ok, Yes I agree that we need to be talking about equality.

But fact is, it's not equal. If we were to only talk about equality and not the rights on men in general, then nothing would get done. The pendulum has swung to far the other way, and maybe we can get it to settle in the middle if we deal with it now.

If we don't, it will keep swinging to far, then when men finally get fed up, it will once again swing, and not in the womans favor.

So for you feminists, think about your daughters and grand daughters who may have to once again fight for women's rights because you let the pendulum swing to far causing a backlash that puts things back in mans favor.

Equal not more.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There was never equality and never will.
Discrimination is natural to humankind but we are impotent enough to admit this.
Probably, we feel guilt for not standing upto Godly concepts...
You cannot apply equal charges on two things and hope they will attract each other.
Modern society is a reflection of the mutual repulsion between men and women.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To the person who asked me, "What special rights are Men's Right Activist getting?" I should have said "ignoring". The feminists focus on women's rights ignoring the equality of men's and the mens' right activist focus on men's rights ignoring woman's we must focus on both.

Originally posted by deepankarm
There was never equality and never will.

You can not know that.

It is disgusting that men are socially trained to be closed about their sexuality while it is ok for women to be open about it. A woman can kiss another woman without being criticized but a man can not kiss another man. It is BS. We also have homophobia messing up the bond of male friendship because of fear that something may be "too gay". It is crazy. Society has men by the balls...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by LeoStarchild

There is no doubt about that. That doesn't mean that I don't have a balanced view in that which we should try to aspire to. I see what is and what has been. I also see what 'should be'.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

Ahh, you had me up until "should be"

There is no "should be. It is / could / was /or is not, but there is no 'should be'. The 'should be' pertains to individual subjective view of the situation; which highly 'can' differ from my own subjective view, if i so choose it. The way you would have 'things' at best will be similar to "MY" way of having.

I am a stickler for detail and choose to have fun with your wording - only because i sense your balanced perspective and personally enjoy that.

As for my opinion on this topic:

I choose to be Asexual for reasons that are my own. Both male and female have their own specialized attributes. I feel no need for a partner. To have a Female as a "Friend" only (in my experience, IF you can find one who will not cross the line...) can be fun and enjoyable.

Lack of Respect all around.

I truly believe the above statement can sum up most, if not the vast majority of the 'Problems' today.

ThatGuy45
edit on 7/6/12 by ThatGuy45 because: I can

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've been called a sexist on a few occasions here. To be honest with you, the more I read on this website and many others, the more comfortable I am becoming with that title

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That's the thing about society.

It establishes a certain set of rules wherein everybody is defined as to what role they should be in.

Then when things turn around and as soon as the authoritarians start receiving the same treatment as they dished out, they always cry foul and whine a lot.

While I'd like to see a true equal playing field, I feel there will never be one.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My wife just informed me that I am a feminist. The definition of feminist is believing in equal rights between men and women.

So isn't calling people that believe in equal rights for men and women feminists sexist in it'self?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by albertabound
Pretty much when I hit JH the anti-male propaganda hit full swing. Male teachers started disappearing and the women teachers became less and less ashamed to chest thump and show how they really felt about men.

Don't even get me started about the ball kicking.

Basically, the anti male propaganda in our schools is sickening and BLATANT.

Half truth: 1/4 women are subject to sexual assault by men
Full truth: 1/4 men are subject to sexual assault by women, also

Myth: Mothers are always right
Truth: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Myth: Men are more inclined to rape
Fact: Sociopathic behavior does not discriminate by the genetic inheritance of sexual organs.

Holding men hostage because they have a Penis is just absurd. Don't believe it's happening? Talk to any male student or teacher in the school system. Or any female who is not in denial or hiding behind her sex.
edit on 6-6-2012 by albertabound because: (no reason given)

I LOL'd at albertabound profile....Liquor & Whores
Perfect thread for this.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
throw in being white as well as a male these days and you wont get a job because of "equal opportunity employers" AKA we get federal money to hire women or foreigners even if they arent the best candidate for the job, same goes for a lot of major universities.

And no thats not a conspiracy its a fact, has happened to me and a good friend of mine was told straight to his face "sorry you're the best candidate but we have to hire another african american"
edit on 7-6-2012 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The male/female equal rights issue is very similar to the race issues and equal rights, what was intedned and wanted and agreed upon was that of EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL...what has happend is an overcorrection in the opposite direction. This again is counter-productive to what we all origionally sought and agreed upon, which was equality.

We are no closer to equality today than we were 40 years ago, in fact we are getting farther away from it in the other direction. Just as someone who almost drives off the right side of the road, freaks out, overcorrects and ends up driving off the left side of the road...

I also personally believe that the majority of society has a huge misunderstanding of "equality" as they want to forcefully create it. They want to bring some people down and elevate others up so were all on the same level, this isn't right. Equality is about making sure all have the same OPPORTUNITY to bring themselves to the same level with others without being hindered because of who they are...

The laws put in place that MANDATE certain percentages of eployee base be of certain demographic ratio are an example of how society tries to force equality and ultimately makes things worse. Society needs to acknowledge differences and foster their strengths and weaknesses instead of viewing either as universally inferior or superior.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
The reason that there's a men's rights and a women's rights is because everyone experiences totalitarianism and oligarchy in one form or another. This false dichotomy of man vs. women, patriarchy, matriarchy are completely false.

If you are getting preyed on, it is probably because you are perceived as weaker. Not because you are a man, not because you are a woman.

And this is completely unacceptable. We are human beings with consciousness. Nobody should be 'preying' on anyone else. Respect is the only thing that can change this mess...

Allow people to be who they are and do not do things against another's will, ESPECIALLY preying on them or taking their rights away... that is bad.

Obviously.

But I don't think morals have to be brought into it. The people who prey on what they percieve as the weakness of others, probably find some good in it, or at least some utility. Try telling them they are being "bad." My guess is they won't believe you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If anyone genuinely cared about equality, they would stop using terms such as 'womens rights' or 'mens rights' or 'minority rights' or whatever. There's only one kind of 'rights':

Individual rights

Until we, as a society, truly understand what that means, there will always be sexism/racism/discrimination.

I look forward to the day where there are no feminists, misogynists, or racists, but I doubt even my children will be around to see that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
My wife just informed me that I am a feminist. The definition of feminist is believing in equal rights between men and women.

So isn't calling people that believe in equal rights for men and women feminists sexist in it'self?

She's imposing her will on you. You are not a feminist. If you were, you'd be lying to yourself and doing great injustice to your own gender.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

At fist glance I thought your thread said "This is the sexiest thread"..... I was wrong

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
The male/female equal rights issue is very similar to the race issues and equal rights, what was intedned and wanted and agreed upon was that of EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL...what has happend is an overcorrection in the opposite direction. This again is counter-productive to what we all origionally sought and agreed upon, which was equality.

Sorry, feminism was never about equality... and I don't know how old are you but I wasn't even born when "we" agreed upon the feminist definition of "equal rights for all". If he were still alive, I'd like to ask my grandfather "what were you thinking?"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I could list counterpoints of the advantages of being male, but why would I...

because we're all people. It's universal, anyone on either extreme has lost the real meaning of human rights
I think mens prostate does need more attention but organizations like susan coleman are corrupt anyway

no one said life would be fair. try to look outside your own point of view, I know it is hard for me too sometime but really we don't know as much as we think we do

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join