It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is weird ......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So there i am on a bike riding in the evening after the day has come to an end and cooled off somewhat.

Im riding through a suburban neighborhood with manicured lawns, street lights on, everybody comfortably eating dinner or watching tv.

Then it struck me. Who am i really? What am i doing here? It all of a sudden seemed so strange, these human like beings, living on this giant oxygenated planet, going to work for green paper to buy houses to live in to get married to make more humans. I just seemed to be at odds with the weirdness of it all. Something we all take to be normal life, for a few minutes, was completely not normal and very strange.

Please do share your similar moments

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yeai understand you...

time to time i have those deep feelings of how weird life is and howwe humans are just HUMANS

crazy how were justhere slaving our selves whn we all know there is something deeper then just wrking sleeping and working then death...

sometimes i hate it but its w.e just live life and be happy

but theres so much fked up things in this place

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think my biggest moments come when I've watched to much tv are read to much ATS in one day and I'm just worked up as all get out.
I'll get mad and step outside only to look up and gaze for a couple of minutes. Then I bust out laughing in that moment of realization that we are so small and unimportant in the big picture. It amazes me how self important we allow ourselves to become only to lose the joys of what little time we have here.
Life is such a bigger equation than we can ever hope to understand.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My weird moment happens every time I'm in a damned wal-mart.
What are these hominid shaped creatures, and how the hell do they manage to breed so rapidly?

As for the true nature of this thread, I think of this little blue-green orb as another place for our selves (read entities) to learn how to get along while stuck in a four dimensional world in a three dimensional body.
When you think about it, it takes us a while to figure out how to work these fleshy, bony contrivances in such a manner as to communicate, get around, learn about the environment, etc. Unfortunately, so many let these flesh and blood vehicles define who they are, as opposed to keeping the proper perspective of maintaining spiritual independence and seeing the body as a container. We are souls with bodies, not bodies with souls.
* And no, this has NOTHING to do with christian, islam, jewish, yadda, yadda, yadda whatnot.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That questioning in the space of absolute uncertainty and unknowing - is the beginning of real knowledge, which is the knowledge of actual personal experience.

I challenge you now, to find the supreme humor in it all. Get that, the great joke of the mystery of life, and there you are!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I have this moment a lot. I'll be by myself and then a sudden realization will happen and I'll say, "Who am I? I'm really alive? I'm really here?" It's strange...and I don't completely understand anything about it.

So I'm basically in the same boat as you...I want answers.

EDIT: Don't you feel sort of "trapped" on this planet in a way? I just want to experience what's OUT THERE, but it's highly unlikely I will ever get that chance...
edit on 6/6/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I feel it when sitting in traffic on the highway. All these people (including myself) encased in these metal boxes trying to get somewhere, to do something, that they probably hate doing anyway.

Sometimes I imagine the cars as blood cells running through the veins (highways/roads) of a big beastly bio machine - yes life is weird sometimes when you look at it - but truthfully I wouldn't want it to be any different. Weird is good in a weird kind of way.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
So there i am on a bike riding in the evening after the day has come to an end and cooled off somewhat.

Im riding through a suburban neighborhood with manicured lawns, street lights on, everybody comfortably eating dinner or watching tv.

Then it struck me. Who am i really? What am i doing here? It all of a sudden seemed so strange, these human like beings, living on this giant oxygenated planet, going to work for green paper to buy houses to live in to get married to make more humans. I just seemed to be at odds with the weirdness of it all. Something we all take to be normal life, for a few minutes, was completely not normal and very strange.

Please do share your similar moments

That realization you faced.. is one that I live constantly.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's like this one time I was walking by a display of a bunch of meats sliced up and ready to go. And I thought to myself for a second how #ed up this all looked, us animals taking the parts of animals and cutting them up for show so other animals could buy them.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean.. There are days I get up feeling different, here the neighbours squaking in the street, open my front door and look around me and think....what the -?! Life is an insane and mental game, one where we are forced to go about doing what looked upon from the outside seems and feels unnatural. We are tiny specs of nothing in the midst of the unknown...we can marvel at ourselves, at our creations or at others, but the meaning in everything is to some extent non-existant, we live and we die and another takes our place and they live and they die and so on... As in a game we shall get cought up in the moment and play, setting our mind to win...but it is a game!!! Live the game, be the game, but never take the game seriously, enjoy the little beauty left in this lucid dream called reality and enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

That questioning in the space of absolute uncertainty and unknowing - is the beginning of real knowledge, which is the knowledge of actual personal experience.

I challenge you now, to find the supreme humor in it all. Get that, the great joke of the mystery of life, and there you are!

I just want to mention to you sir: I admire your outlook.

Even though we interpret the "goings on of the world" differently, at least we are aware they are interpretations. I love when people see value and humour in the question mark. There is probably more "truth" in untruth than anything. We should enjoy it and laugh about it.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Congrats on this monumental discovery. For each person that has these moments it is like wool being removed from your eyes. You are able to see the world as an observer; rather, then a participant. My personal belief is that once you gain this wisdom, you see the world almost like a child, experiencing everything for the first time. If you can maintain this constant awareness of the world you caught a glimpse of your wisdom will grow. You will be able to tell truth from falsity in everything.

This experience is not new, but it is a choice whether to disregard it or embrace that observational view of the world. I think people in our current time are being given the opportunity to view the world as an observer, or be trapped into the past.

I am interested when you had this moment, what type of feelings did you have associated with the experience? Were you interested in relishing this experience, or did you shake your head and cut off that perspective?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

So I'm basically in the same boat as you...I want answers.

there are no answers, only choices.

regarding OP, I had that moment today while observing a rose looking plant and a hundred bees,
it looked alien for a moment, I then looked around and realized(again, but more vividly) that everything was alien.

nothing is certain, your life and mine are here simply by chance, because we can.

the best thing you can do is what you want, because you only live once
it can all be meaningless if you let it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I get those surreal feelings. Different things strike me.

Once it was Christmas time and I was in a discount store, and the line was LONG, and I had a ton of things in my cart. I looked up to apologize to the people behind me, as it in my nature to feel responsible, and many people only had one or two items. As usual, everyone decided to leave at once when there was only one attendant available.

I turned around and every single individual was on the cell-phone. Eight people standing their with these electronic gadgets pressed up against their brain. I felt that shift, as though the air around you shudders in agreement. It still makes my stomach fluttery.

I remember thinking, "This is not real, this is not our reality, our future. I don't belong here. I want to go home."

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride."

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I get this a lot, mostly when people are talking I'll zone out and think to myself how the f can anyone care about this trivial bs.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
andrew jules - its a mad world.

You have had a realization like that.

welcome to becoming aware.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I experience the same thing as the OP , where I feel like I'm on the outside looking in .
It's hard to describe the feeling because it always seems void of emotion, but non the less it is still tangible.

DP

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I have this almost everyday. It's probably the main reason I come to this site, hoping to one day be closer to making sense of it all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join