It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Had Cheat Sheet for Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Who wants to give me odds that Rush will discuss this in the 2nd hour of his program Monday?

Hannity will spend all 3 on it I bet.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still fixated on Rather and calling for a public flogging?

Does Rush still have a show?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still fixated on Rather and calling for a public flogging?

New week, new scandal. They already finished out last week with the style versus substance issue.

But then again, maybe they'll be bragging about how Chenney is going to mop up the floor with Edwards. And when that falls threw go back to the style versus substance thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Limbaugh and Sean, the deadly duo. Spreading ignorance 3 hours a day, everyday!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Limbaugh and Sean, the deadly duo. Spreading ignorance 3 hours a day, everyday!!!

[sarcasm]
Gee, you've almost got Sean's tag line down. You sound like a regular listener
[/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Boys, this is getting a little desperate. Your guy lost. Maybe he'll do better next time, but this bottom of the barrel pathetic.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't see how a cheat sheet could be so small as to be placed in the inside pocket of a suit coat or so small that when removed it could not be seen. I think it was a small mirror, so Kerry could check his make-up from time to time.

I'm with you on this one Grady (For once). He was probably making sure his rub on tan wasn't streaking.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I for one don't think that 50% of our national budget should be poured into defense spending, as Republicans are fond of dong. Kerry agrees with this.

Education and Health care reform are my two biggest issues in my situation, as I'm a college student without much insurance.

Naturally, I'm going to support the candidate that has expressed interest in bettering these areas.

I'm afraid Kerry disagrees with you...or at least he did before his most recent flip-flop:

NBC�S TIM RUSSERT: �Do you believe that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?� SEN. JOHN KERRY: �No. I think we should increase it.� RUSSERT: �Increase funding?� KERRY: �Yes.� RUSSERT: �By how much?� KERRY: �By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. It is critical that the United States of America be successful in Iraq, Tim.�

Yes. And it has a much bigger audience than Dan Rather's.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
oh god! A pen and paper?

What kind of lunatic do we have running for president?

Son of a --- I must vote for Bush now. This is unacceptable

Wait Bush broke some rules too.. He spoke to Kerry during the debate

"Is that okay with you?"

Oh no.. They both broke rules. Now I cant vote.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wish the Kerry camp would just say what he took out so we could all move past this. I'm a Bush supporter, I don't think Kerry was intentionally trying to cheat, but all of this could be laid to rest if Kerry would just say what he had and yet his insiders refuse to do that. Why is that??

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The importance of the issue is character. These rules were not forced upon either of the men, they had lawyers negotiate them beforehand. They were effectively John Kerry's own rules. In the video he obviously removes something from his pocket, whether it be a pen or a mirror or whatever. He agreed not to being anything to the stage, he broke the rules.
I have always had a bad character judgment about John Kerry. I would like to replace George Bush with a better man, but I will not vote for a man who cannot honor his own word.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Jemison, Kerry will do this when he signs his 180. You can bet it will never happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Who wants to give me odds that Rush will discuss this in the 2nd hour of his program Monday?

1 for 2 so far. I just heard Rush discuss this in the end of the 2nd hour. While he didn't bring up the topic, he did allow for a caller to put it forward, so he could down play it.
Heck, I'm surprised he even wants to admit they had a debate.

EDIT: I'm surprised by the restraint they both of these guys are showing. Hannity just did 3 minutes, not the 3 hours I thought, on Kerry's cheat sheet.

[edit on 10/4/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I have always had a bad character judgment about John Kerry. I would like to replace George Bush with a better man, but I will not vote for a man who cannot honor his own word.

I agree. I'm of the belief that the only thing a man has is his word and if he can't keep that, he has, and is, nothing.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I agree. I'm of the belief that the only thing a man has is his word and if he can't keep that, he has, and is, nothing.

So you're voting for Nader, then?

Take Bush at his word:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

Of course, he "rested" our troops (the best in the world) at Tora Bora, allowing Osama to escape:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Now Bush says he doesn't "spend that much time on him." Is that a man of his word?

What about the time he said we can't win the war on terror? Did you take him at his word then?

Also, just last week in the debate, he claimed there were 100,000 Iraqi troops trained and ready to go when in actuality it's around 50,000 and many have only passed BASIC training. Are they ready to go? Is this Bush at his word?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Geez, how can anyone defend Bush for his complete idiocy the other night. You either have your head up your butt or you're just plain stupid.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was wondering when someone was going to ask if anyone's actually debated before....

A fact sheet is often used for figures, etc.

Those seem like pretty weird rules for a debate (not to have them), and it seems NOBODY followed them, not even those sponsoring the debate, anyhow, hehe...including Shrub's earpiece...(which did a whole lot of good, huh?)

And because he took a piece of paper and a pen from his jacket - wouldn't it be prudent to assume that the Commission approved them ahead of time?

bing!

Regardless of any of it, even the staunch Republicans (like my brother's boyfriend, a gay republican, what are the odds?) admit Shrub flubbed.....

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"Who wants to give me odds that Rush will discuss this in the 2nd hour of his program Monday?

Hannity will spend all 3 on it I bet. "

Rush talking about anything is funny! A drug addict who thinks he has credibility with anyone other than the idiots of the earth. Reminds me of these passages:

"Are there truly "many false prophets" who "are gone out into the world"? Jesus said there would be "many false prophets" who should arise "and deceive many" (Matt. 24:11). The Holy Spirit made a similar statement (1 Jn. 4:1). As Peter said, "there were false prophets" among the people of the Old Testament, and even so "there shall be false teachers among you" (2 Pet. 2:1). "

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yep, FOX (oh my God, yes FOX!) admitted it was just a pen that Kerry was removing from his jacket, and showed a much clearer picture of the 'incident' than any others posted on the net. End of discussion.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

W_HAMILTONYep, FOX (oh my God, yes FOX!) admitted it was just a pen that Kerry was removing from his jacket, and showed a much clearer picture of the 'incident' than any others posted on the net. End of discussion.

Correct End of Discussion. Kerry broke the rules of the debate that he agreed upon, hell help craft.
Bush did also, for those of you that want to scream about it, yes, he directly addressed Kerry.

All of this, all of it goes to the credibility of the candidates.

What do we do? Ask for a do over? A mulligan? Or maybe just realize that you can't trust a politican to follow the rules that they themselves made.

[edit on 10/4/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join