It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Had Cheat Sheet for Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

why has Drudge not put anything about Bush possibily having an earpiece? We do not know do not have any evidance towards either

If you watch the debate it is VERY clear that Kerry took something out of his pocket. What the object is might be debatable but he did take something out no doubt about it.

I have not yet seen the 'evidence' of Bush's earpiece so I'm not sure why Drudge has not posted that but will be curious to hear what others say on the matter.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Someone spammed the board yesterday with the Bush earpiece allegation so I checked it out. My take after watching the video several times in conjunction with a transcript of the debate:

Bush: I think what is misleading is to say you can lead and succeed in Iraq if you keep changing your positions on this war. And he has. As the politics change, his positions change. And that's not how a commander in chief acts...

...let me finish

...The intelligence I looked at was the same intelligence my opponent looked at, the very same intelligence. And when I stood up there and spoke to the Congress, I was speaking off the same intelligence he looked at to make his decisions to support the authorization of force.

Leher was going to move on after the "commander in chief" comment - Bush looks at Leher, points at him and says "let me finish."

I think in both cases we have people trying to find something that isn't there.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If only Kerry actually read his cheat sheet!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Exactly. I don't think the election is going to be based on whether or not Kerry or Bush Violated during a debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Exactly. I don't think the election is going to be based on whether or not Kerry or Bush Violated during a debate.

I agree, the debates are not going to effect the outcome, at least not the way they are designed.
Most people have already made up their mind which way they will vote.

This has been one of the dirtiest proxy war/campaigns I can remember.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm a little slow today so can you clarify what you mean by that? In Kerrys case he absolutly took something out of his pocket. That IS there. But if you mean that people should not make an issue out of it because it was more than likely just a harmless thing, I totally agree. I think it's petty to make an issue over someone carrying their own pen (assuming that is what it is) into a debate even if it was against the rules. Of course, I can guarantee you that if Bush had done it there would be a similar, if not greater backlash.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I'm a little slow today so can you clarify what you mean by that?

I'm saying that there is no conclusive evidence that either of these men were "cheating" in the debate. Kerry took paper out of his pocket - that is the only fact we have. Any speculation is just that speculation. I am willing to give him and/or Bush the benefit of the doubt on this and chalk it up to the fringe in both parties just stirring the pot.

Of course, I can guarantee you that if Bush had done it there would be a similar, if not greater backlash.

On this point you will get no argument from me.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, I'm a little slow today as my 3 year old twins thought that 3:45 a.m. was a good time to wake up and have a giggle-fest!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Debate One is over. Kerry was smoother and prettier than Bush and this has led many to believe that he won. Bush had a his performance to defend and seemed annoyed by his opponent. Kerry had nothing of substance to say, contradicted his positon a dozen times and generally sounded like the bag of wind he is.

It's over and to quote my friend Loki likes to admonish others, "Get over it!"
owwww
...roflmao...
...omg, what will they think of to try to make George look acceptable....

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Debate One is over. Kerry was smoother and prettier than Bush and this has led many to believe that he won. Bush had a his performance to defend and seemed annoyed by his opponent. Kerry had nothing of substance to say, contradicted his positon a dozen times and generally sounded like the bag of wind he is.

It's over and to quote my friend Loki likes to admonish others, "Get over it!"

For once, Grady, we can agree on SOMETHING.

Unfortunately, you're still wrong about the debate. Kerry whupped Bush's ass all over that stage. If you'd listen to what he says with an open mind, without the preconception of whatever comes out of his mouth is commie propaganda, I think you'll find that he has some good things to say.

I for one don't think that 50% of our national budget should be poured into defense spending, as Republicans are fond of dong. Kerry agrees with this.

Education and Health care reform are my two biggest issues in my situation, as I'm a college student without much insurance.

Naturally, I'm going to support the candidate that has expressed interest in bettering these areas.

Kerry isn't spouting a bunch of wind, he's just saying some things that you as a Republican can't stomach. And that's the sticking point that alot of people are having trouble with.

Oh, and Grady....

Communism isn't so bad, it's just the Republicans that get caught up in the system that ruin it.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
who cares honestly? what is he going to write down on a cheat sheet anyways his own ideas?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
(sarcasm)I'm appalled that anyone here would think that a man of Kerry's integrity and morals would ever think about cheating! Kerry could never cheat! His intelligence level is to high and cheating would be useless!(sarcasm)

As bad as I want to say he did, I don't believe that it's possible to cheat in a debate. It was two opposing views on different questions about Iraqi policies. It was clear on television that each candidate had a writing instument and something to write on. I'm not taking up for Kerry, but I just don't see how you can cheat in a debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well you can cheat if you've got some pre-prepared points or positions you want to make. You can jot them down so you don't forget, and appear flustered.

Or maybe someone had to write down for him what his positions were this week.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2004 by SumwereInSilence]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Kerry didn't need a cheat sheet since the questions were slanted in Kerry's favor and he got first response on most of the them. And I dunno if you watched the debate but Bush was taking notes and at one point damn near chucked his pen through the podium mid note and demanded 30 seconds to respond. And if you want to get technical that whole little conversation they had about their daughters was against the rules too

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I�m not sure that anything occurred and even if it did so what. But, I find it just hilarious that with absolutely no factual basis at all folks are running around claiming bush had an earpiece and it is very important. Yet the only factual evidence is that at the very minimum Kerry violated the rules. The only silver lining is that the stupid people that are claiming bush had a earpiece will stop their foolishness.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is if you consider that the "debates" aren't real debates. You can see why here.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And this would be important...how? WHo cares?
Ya really think thet any president writes those peaches they give.....why would one care if he had a cheat sheet!?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't see how a cheat sheet could be so small as to be placed in the inside pocket of a suit coat or so small that when removed it could not be seen. I think it was a small mirror, so Kerry could check his make-up from time to time.

[edit on 04/10/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
who cares honestly?

It's against the rules of the debate.

Pictures available at littlegreenfootballs.com...
Scroll down aways and you can see them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join