It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - Why he has won already!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Let me burst your bubble OP. Ron Paul will never win, even if he has all the votes. This country is corrupt beyond recognition. You really think this country has honest elections and parties? This country is (as you probably know) is ran by a small number of people who own everything in this country. You really think there going to let some guy end everything they built? The FED is their masterpiece, (keep in mind its the 100th anniversary in 2013).

It's too bad to, even if he did won, and he won the 2nd term, the next president down the line could change everything he just did. The constitution means nothing if the leaders don't abide by it. Ron Paul supporters never think in the long term. This country was BS the day it was born. It was founded by slave owners who preached for equal rights, expect for blacks and women of course, and they were the only ones who could vote.

We need a society where every man is a leader. But my god does that seem far away. /end rant

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You guys are a gift that keeps on giving.

Yes, we give facts and knowledge, and it is rejected and ignored.

Ron Paul lost when he ran out of money and quit campaigning

No, wrong ! Paul has not run out of money nor has he quit the race , regardless of what the MSM and anti Paul
people say.

Ron Paul lost when Romney reached 1144 delegates

No wrong again ! Regardless of what the MSM and anti people say, the real delegate count is not official till the convention count.

Ron Paul lost when Obama called Romney and made his win official

That is too funny. So your saying the democratic candidate decides who his opponet is and that makes it official

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I agree with the rest of your post, and I agree with the part I'm about to quote, but.....

That is too funny. So your saying the democratic candidate decides who his opponet is and that makes it official

Hell, they probably talked about this a while ago. Romney was probably his chosen opponent since back in 2010 when the Tea Party had some success at the polls.
Yes the president probably does choose his own opponent. He is the most powerful man in the world afterall, and he does have the support of his party, and his party and the other party just want to play nice and make sure neither one loses their stranglehold on the population.

So, I agree with the absurdity of the notion that the Democratic president might be the one that makes the Republican challenger "official," but then again, I think it is closer to the truth than we realize.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are right, that is why the two party system has failed, it's all fixed.
And that is what Ron Paul and his supporters are fighting , instead of caving in and accepting what we are told to think and believe.
People were more naive and gullible back in 1963 not so today.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

He also will enjoy a finer retirement because of all this attention, plenty of motive to bait the sheeple then fleece them for all their affections.

You call all Paul supporters as sheeple yet you never once mention what/who you support...

Will you ignore my question again?

If you're a Romney supporter, you're the biggest sheep of them all.

Please; rather than insult every Ron Paul supporter, why don't you take your WOOL coat off so we can all see what you really are...
edit on 6-6-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Are there any Romney supporters?

I have only met Obama supporters, and anti-Obama Republican establishment drones, and then Paul supporters, and I have even met Cain, and Santorum, and even Newt supporters, but I have never once met a Romney supporter yet!!

Oh, wait, at the Florida Straw Poll, there were some paid Romney supporters, and there were Romney posters lining the entire Hall, and it looked like the whole even was sponsored by Mitt Romney, and I did meet his wife, and his son, and they were nice. BUT, Herman Cain still won the poll, and I didn't hear a single stranger say anything good about Romney.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a Romney supporter, but he will still get the nomination, because he paid the MSM to portray him as the winner, and the majority of people just vote for who they think will win.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

He also will enjoy a finer retirement because of all this attention, plenty of motive to bait the sheeple then fleece them for all their affections.

You call all Paul supporters as sheeple yet you never once mention what/who you support...

Will you ignore my question again?

Please; rather than insult every Ron Paul supporter, why don't you take your WOOL coat off so we can all see what you really are...

Now what does that have to do with the contention of the OP that Ron Paul wins by losing?

I answered this before in many a derailment attempt, you are not first to the plate. Here ya go smartypants.....just so the laughable notion of this thread can continue on track

Quote TinfoilTP.
"In a dangerous world of ever increasing threats I'd take Romney over Obama, in a not so dangerous world I would take Obama's social welfare to help heal the nation. I would vote according to the way I see the world at the moment, not along party lines because each has something different to offer and dangers they present if they win under the wrong context of the state of the world. " end quote

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, then why don't you just admit that you're here to shill against Ron Paul and his supporters?

You have no problem going off-topic any other time.

ETA: Why are you so against Ron Paul and his supporters then?

I see defuntion made a great point below...
edit on 6/6/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/6/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Quote TinfoilTP.
"In a dangerous world of ever increasing threats I'd take Romney over Obama, in a not so dangerous world I would take Obama's social welfare to help heal the nation. I would vote according to the way I see the world at the moment, not along party lines because each has something different to offer and dangers they present if they win under the wrong context of the state of the world. " end quote

Wow. Thanks for re-posting this. I had been wondering what your motives were for quite some time as I watch you continually attempt to disparage Ron Paul and show such contempt for his supporters.

Your quote sums you up quite well, and now I can see your motives.
Bravo for your honesty.

So, to sum you up, you buy into the fearmongering that the religious right have been feeding you, and you want to simultaneously suckle from the same welfare teat as big government lefties....

I completely understand your anti-Paul agenda now.
Thank you TinfoilTP. Thank you.
edit on 6-6-2012 by defuntion because: typos, duh....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

So, then why don't you just admit that you're here to shill against Ron Paul and his supporters?

You have no problem going off-topic any other time.

Swoosh, slam dunk, your argument just fell apart and blowing like dust in the wind. You Paulers always capitulate by pulling out the shill card, guess your convictions are not really that strong.

reference to recent thread here

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

In a dangerous world of ever increasing threats I'd take Romney over Obama, in a not so dangerous world I would take Obama's social welfare to help heal the nation. I would vote according to the way I see the world at the moment, not along party lines because each has something different to offer and dangers they present if they win under the wrong context of the state of the world.

The threats are manufactured threats. They are not real, they are scare tactics and extortion of the American people. Romney will not do anything to make you safer. The TSA has not done anything to make you safer. The Patriot Act might have done some good back in early 2000's, but renewing it year after year has not made you safer. The NDAA has not made you any safer. The Republican party has not made you any safer.

Exactly the opposite. You are now at risks domestically from patriots trying to retain some liberty and privacy, and you are now at risk for at least 2 generations of legacy of the atrocities we have committed in the Middle East.

Obama has not done anything to help the economy. He prolonged the inevitable. He spent your grand-children's futures. He protected the corporate and banking interests, and he destroyed the innovative spirit that would have arisen out of an economic collapse. He protected the old guard, and defunct business practices, and he made it even more difficult to start up an innovative new business.

From your quote, you are exactly what most would describe as a Sheeple. You believe in the Republican Foreign Policy, and the Democrat Economic Policy, and you believe the MSM portrayal of those two parties, and you vote according to current events and headlines.

You really need to delve deeper and make more educated decisions.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For either side to claim victory or concede defeat is premature before the convention.
And to say the GOP national convention is a mere formality..... than why show up ?
I don't think any delegate from any state representing any candidate sees the convention as a mere formality.
There are diehard supporters for Cain, Santorum and Gingrich noone can say for sure where those delegates will end up, it does not mean they will submit to the partys will either.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion

Quote TinfoilTP.

Wow. Thanks for re-posting this. I had been wondering what your motives were for quite some time as I watch you continually attempt to disparage Ron Paul and show such contempt for his supporters.

Your quote sums you up quite well, and now I can see your motives.
Bravo for your honesty.

So, to sum you up, you buy into the fearmongering that the religious right have been feeding you, and you wnat to simultaneously suckle from the same welfare teat as big government lefties....

I completely understand your anti-Paul agenda now.
Thank you TinfoilTP. Thank you.
edit on 6-6-2012 by defuntion because: blah blah

I'd rather choose from two winners which one fits the occassion than a loser that fits nowhere.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'd rather choose from two winners which one fits the occassion than a loser that fits nowhere.

I'm sure you would, since it is obvious you think our Presidential election is nothing more important than a popularity contest...

Come on. Your stripes are showing...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

A common theme among American voters, and the root cause of all our political and economic woes.

Why shop at a mom and pop shop when you could shop at a giant megalomart? Why vote for a guy with integrity and fresh ideas, when you could just watch MSM and vote for the flavor of the week? Why raise your kids the way you were raised, when you could just go with the prevailing talking head of the week, or some book from the Best-seller's list?

Don't vote for a winner, vote for someone that you support, and that you believe has your best interest at heart. BUT, make sure you actually agree with their policies, and that their history matches their platform. Don't just vote based on a campaign promise or a headline in the news.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion

I'm sure you would, since it is obvious you think our Presidential election is nothing more important than a popularity contest...

Come on. Your stripes are showing...

Oh no, it is serious business, one of the main reasons Ron Paul lost, people don't see him as serious.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

In a dangerous world of ever increasing threats I'd take Romney over Obama, in a not so dangerous world I would take Obama's social welfare to help heal the nation. I would vote according to the way I see the world at the moment, not along party lines because each has something different to offer and dangers they present if they win under the wrong context of the state of the world

You call Paul supporters sheeple meanwhile you mostly go with the status qua.

2nd

Edit:

In case you don't get it; that's being a hypocrite at its finest.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Oh no, it is serious business, one of the main reasons Ron Paul lost, people don't see him as serious.

100% correct!! And it is his fault..... and your fault.

The average voter is not reached by Paul. Voters like you are not reached by Paul. You will vote according to mainstream news and what the temperature of the current events are at the moment. That is a short-sighted and uninformed view, but it is also the view of the majority of voters.

Paul ignores the voters like you, and he caters to the highly informed voters, but we make up a small minority, and we will never be enough to win an election.

Paul already has us, he should have campaigned to you. But, he never intended to win, he just wanted to get his agenda out in the mainstream, and he is perfectly happy with the results he has gotten. He set out to lose from the beginning, but he wanted to make a big splash and then lose.

This is why I'm mad at Paul, and this is why I'm mad at the average voter. If you, or Paul could get your heads outta your asses and look at the big picture, and look at how slimy the other candidates are, then maybe one side or the other would take Paul's agenda seriously, instead of it being a side-note or asterisk in history for the 2012 election.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That is possibly true. He is never painted in a serious light.

It is a shame that people don't do their own homework, but of course, this works well for your agenda.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

In a dangerous world of ever increasing threats I'd take Romney over Obama, in a not so dangerous world I would take Obama's social welfare to help heal the nation. I would vote according to the way I see the world at the moment, not along party lines because each has something different to offer and dangers they present if they win under the wrong context of the state of the world.

The threats are manufactured threats. They are not real, they are scare tactics and extortion of the American people. Romney will not do anything to make you safer. The TSA has not done anything to make you safer. The Patriot Act might have done some good back in early 2000's, but renewing it year after year has not made you safer. The NDAA has not made you any safer. The Republican party has not made you any safer.

Exactly the opposite. You are now at risks domestically from patriots trying to retain some liberty and privacy, and you are now at risk for at least 2 generations of legacy of the atrocities we have committed in the Middle East.

Obama has not done anything to help the economy. He prolonged the inevitable. He spent your grand-children's futures. He protected the corporate and banking interests, and he destroyed the innovative spirit that would have arisen out of an economic collapse. He protected the old guard, and defunct business practices, and he made it even more difficult to start up an innovative new business.

From your quote, you are exactly what most would describe as a Sheeple. You believe in the Republican Foreign Policy, and the Democrat Economic Policy, and you believe the MSM portrayal of those two parties, and you vote according to current events and headlines.

You really need to delve deeper and make more educated decisions.

All your talk is falling on deaf ears just like his dismal 11% voter support. It hasn't caught on and it never will. Your fairy tale version of world affairs only coincides with those of our enemies, decimate the millitary, end support for Israel so they can be exterminated and allow Russia China to take over Middle east oil supplies by becoming the top contract holders in the region. You want all americans groveling at the foot of the table for scraps because that would be the outcome of a Ron Paul Presidency. Good thing patriotic people by the masses dismissed him as a kook.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join