It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Cares About Bilderberg?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hey ATS...

We are all really good at dissecting media here on this site and I think most would agree with me that MSM is pretty much just distraction to keep people from looking at the real issues.

But can the same be said for alternative media? I don't believe this is happening intentionally but what good is this coverage on Bilderberg having?

How many "journalists" (aka anyone with a camera) has run out there to fill us in with the news of security perimeters, other "journalists" being arrested and/or chasing down "globalists" to ask useless questions?

Does anyone believe this is the real Bilderberg meeting anyway? TPTB lied to us for decades about this meeting and as soon as we catch on they have a website and allow people to hang around and film it? What is the end result of all of the coverage? What have we learned? Are we better informed, better prepared, more enlightened?

The real Bilderberg meeting is happening somewhere else with people we have never heard of like it always has.

Sometimes we really are that easy to fool.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
All they do is film "elites" driving into a hotel. Then stand there outside of it. What does it accomplish? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I know, throw eggs and tomatos.

You know, anything to force their hand and show their true colors when a little food insults their pride.

Or better yet, sit out front burning their money on the sidewalk.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What has two thumbs and cares about Bliderberg?.............This guy!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I agree that coverage is pointless. What they discuss is what we're after but we'll never learn what that is.

I guess I'd be more interested in that secretive religious group that meets right before there are big market adjustments.

Bilderberg seems political. They're probably picking the president. The other group is financial. Which is more important to "the little people"?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
All they do is film "elites" driving into a hotel. Then stand there outside of it. What does it accomplish? Nothing.

There isn't much else to do i think.

All the media is allowed to do is stand outside the perimeter and film people arriving at the conference, and everything else in between. Thanks to the few people who have been covering this for years, and now thanks to random people with cameras covering this, at least more and more people are becoming exposed to this subject. Maybe then they will start their own research and make their own opinion.

But like the OP says, i also do not believe that this is the actual 'real' meeting anymore. It has become too exposed, even if the majority of people aren't aware of it...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Consider this:

Frank Pearl, Chairman and CEO of Perseus LLC is a member of the American Friends of Bilderburg.

James A. Johnson is Vice-Chairman of Perseus LLC, and was chosen by Obama to head his VP selection committee.

Pearl was a campaign contributor to Obama as far back as 2003.

Perseus LLC is partnered with George Soros.

That's why you might want to care about the Bilderberg.

Perseus LLC

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Bilderberg was the first real conspiracy I had heard of. The problem is no one really knows what happens in these meetings and not many people know about the history and what it stands for. I was hoping ATS would be able to put a bit more meat on the bones of the conspiracy. But instead we got one thread that dominated with the sensational claim of Bilderbergers wanting to kill Ron Paul and his supporters.

The alternative media needs to buck up it's game in my opinion. Just standing outside bullhorning "NWO SCUM", just tarnishes the alternative media with the crack pot label that the mainstream media love to use to quash the debate.

The best reporting this year has been from Charlie Skelton of the Guardian, yet even Skelton approaches the subject with a satirical twist. It's not hardcore investigative journalism that this meeting should be subjected to .

It's bizarre that no one talks about this political summit. Yet Davos and G8 meetings are all over the mainstream media. Yet here we have an anual meeting with representatives from both sides of the political spectrum, heads of banks, industrialists accademics and Royalty and no mention in the mainstream press. that alone is enough to warrent more investigation of Bilderberg.

I think what would be most interesting to know is whether policy is discussed and whether it is implemented on the back of these meetings

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Consider this:

Frank Pearl, Chairman and CEO of Perseus LLC is a member of the American Friends of Bilderburg.

James A. Johnson is Vice-Chairman of Perseus LLC, and was chosen by Obama to head his VP selection committee.

Perseus LLC

OK but knowing that means what? I don't mean that in a jerky way, it's a sincere question....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If there actually is a "real Bilderberg" meeting, then you can bet that it happens in complete secrecy on a completely separate date from when the 'advertised' one occurs. Think about it, if the matters discussed are such a high importance as they are proclaimed to be, why would they let it get out to the media (MSM, Alternative, whatever) when they have the complete power (allegedly) to censor any information about it's whereabouts or whenever it may occur. We are led to believe TPTB, Bilderberg's etc have such absolute power, yet they cannot conceal an annual meeting of such callibre? Not buying that.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOngoingJourney

I think The bilderberg meetings are generally a policy talking shop out of the sight of the media. There is however a steering committee that are at every meeting. It would be interesting to know what exactly their agenda is. I would argue there is enough evidence out there to suggest Bilderberg is quite an influential organisation on the gloabl political scene.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
OP, you know you bring up a good point? You know I think the public should have some knowledge about the Big Wigs meeting together over anything. That is just me. Echoing what others have stipulated. Quite frequently, the people covering the event have done nothing too illuminate the agenda of any Bilderberg meeting.

It is like Oscar watchers for the elites. People are snapping photos and shooting videos of meaningless drivel. Instead of standing around and speaking out of a loudspeaker about nothingness? Perhaps, they can do what journalists used to do? Like getting a part-time job as a security guard, working with the caterers, working for the hotel, or even getting a job as a janitor. Whatever. They could even hang around at some of the pubs or restaurants days before the event, and seek out people who could potentially be aides and administrators for the event. I know these elites never travel without impeccable planning in terms of transportation and lodging. They usually send some of their aides to scope things out days before a given event.

Just get people inside to do some real reporting, and those are typically how real investigative journalists would find a way to get close to a subject. Perhaps, the Bilderberg followers are afraid of what they are going to find? I don't mean in a "Doom and Gloom," or "NWO," kind of way, but one of banality and boredom. Maybe they are talking about their favorite sports, how many yachts they bought, or stuff about their golf games? Now would that not be the conspiracy of all conspiracies? Please excuse my tongue-in-cheek remarks. However, I think the OP has brought up some good points. On another note, maybe Alex Jones and his crowd can bring Joan Rivers along next year to talk about tailored suits, martinis, food on the menu, and whatever she does at those movie events?

edit on 5-6-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What more secrecy than meeting at a closed hotel which will remain closed after they leave for a complete top to bottom refurbishing (no evidence of human ritual sacrifice or coc aine orgies
)

Actually I applaud people like Mr. Tucker who has hounded them for 40 years... although it is not beyond reason that he, like other "celebrity" conspiracy theorists are potentially part of the 'information control' strategy.

In answer to the OP's query, I care... or rather ... I am interested.

Why?

Because tax-payers from nations all over the world pay some of these people to attend a "private" and "secret" meeting of what appears to be the "real owners" of the planet... and security is tighter than a presidential visit... with government actually dropping millions in resources to "protect them" from ... not danger... not harassment ... not "a threat".... but to protect them from "inquiry."

What do the meager attempts to monitor them accomplish?.... at the very least.... they are reminded repeatedly that "hiding" is something celebrities can not normally do..... so creating them to 'use' against us is a double-edged sword at best...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
What more secrecy than meeting at a closed hotel which will remain closed after they leave for a complete top to bottom refurbishing (no evidence of human ritual sacrifice or coc aine orgies
)

Actually I applaud people like Mr. Tucker who has hounded them for 40 years... although it is not beyond reason that he, like other "celebrity" conspiracy theorists are potentially part of the 'information control' strategy.

In answer to the OP's query, I care... or rather ... I am interested.

Why?

Because tax-payers from nations all over the world pay some of these people to attend a "private" and "secret" meeting of what appears to be the "real owners" of the planet... and security is tighter than a presidential visit... with government actually dropping millions in resources to "protect them" from ... not danger... not harassment ... not "a threat".... but to protect them from "inquiry."

What do the meager attempts to monitor them accomplish?.... at the very least.... they are reminded repeatedly that "hiding" is something celebrities can not normally do..... so creating them to 'use' against us is a double-edged sword at best...

I hear what your saying and yes I care about what these people are talking about too, please excuse my post title for its drama.

I guess what I'm trying to say is what are we learning from these experiences? Are we anymore informed than we were 40 years ago? We might know names or places but nothing of substance....

And again...this is just my 2 cents but there is no way this is the real Bilderberg meeting, this is a sideshow.

I just feel at this point we can say a few things for sure. The "owners" are meeting in secret to decide how the world will look....so what are we going to do about it? Because clearly chasing them with cameras and getting their photos are not going to accomplish anything.

I cant remember the name but there is that famous quote, "let them protest all they want so long as they pay their taxes". Same kinda thing, we can stand outside of this hotel every day of the meeting and so what? I don't feel like they think we are finding their hiding spots. These are the most powerful people in the world, they can hide very successfully if they want too so why do they have this public meeting then? That's the real question....

There is nothing wrong with finding out the truth, I live my life with this obsession but this is not truth. This is amusement and entertainment. Thinking were doing something by doing nothing at all. We need a new tactic.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Consider this:

Perseus LLC

OK but knowing that means what? I don't mean that in a jerky way, it's a sincere question....

Do the research. Follow the link and look at who makes up Perseus, LLC, and what Perseus, LLC does. Then decide if you think the members of Perseus, LLC, as far back as 2003, were TPTB who decided to put Obama into office.

Note too the legend of Perseus. What was Perseus known for? What's on the homepage of their website? Do you recall the 2008 Democratic primary?

Why did the hedge fund Perseus LLC brand themselves like this?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

I often do wonder about what they do at these meetings. If it was really so sinister you would think that their OPSEC and COMSEC would be a little better to create a better veil of anonymity. Obviously important people go to these meetings and it does not appear to be a big party for rich people. If it was a party they picked some pretty lame venues. Maybe they serve as a superficial smoke screen. We all focus on the Bilderberg meetings thinking thats the real deal when in reality they are meeting in their Cobra Commander Secret Fortresses at some other time of the year.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
When people found out about Bilderberg, they couldn't deny it because the evidence made it impossible to deny, so they had to do something to avoid suspicion. They made it public and friendly looking. Wolf in sheep clothes.

True, there could be other secret meetings going on other than Bilderberg, but who's to say? And just because that's possible doesn't mean Bilderberg doesn't matter.

The point of alternative media covering Bilderberg is to spread whatever current news they can find about them, and plus, arriving at such a meeting, actually being there, and being able to protest, gives people a feeling of liberation and freedom, and it's done in order to make a statement--that we're opposite from them, we don't have to live in secret because, unlike them, we have nothing to hide. We're the patriots, and we have something to stand for, and something worth fighting for, so we're allowed to be loud and obnoxious, and let our voices be heard.

So, to answer your question... I care about Bilderbgerg. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I care about Jones and company being there because the simple fact is that if they were not standing outside, Bildebergers would overlook the little people completely all of the time. By getting under their skin the B'bergers at some point are presented with the 'occasional thought' that they are not the only only ones affected by their schemes and the people standing outside the fence want them to get a conscience. So those who stand outside are a reminder, and an important one. I admire the people who stand out there for days on end whether they learn stuff or not.

I feel like we are the Baltic Avenue of Monopoly, which is entering its final stages.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I disagree.

As recently as a few years ago, the MSM continued to deny this meeting was even taking place. They called anyone who believed this meeting was happening a crazy conspiracy theorist.

Now the media finally admits this meeting does in fact take place. Without those people standing outside who are accomplishing nothing... you still would not even know about this meeting.

As recently as the last couple of years, the media has acknowledged this meeting, but continued to say that no business was being discussed, and no one was setting policy. This year the Washington Post published an article that claimed that Romney's VP may very well be picked at this meeting.

But yeah... I am sure all those people who have been following Bilderberger for years and shining a light onto this secret meeting clearly have accomplished nothing. Nothing at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Knowing about it is the first step. We live in an age where people expect instant gratification. Even with the wonders of the internet, smart phones, etc. Sometimes things still take awhile to get the wheels turning.

Once people know that this is happening (world leaders from all over the globe and both sides of the political spectrum meeting each year???) then more people will want to know WHY, and WHAT is being discussed behind closed doors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join