It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS members think the afterlife is like?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

While there is the possibility of there being nothing after death, it is very unlikely; life is a cycle, as is death. The process repeats itself over and over. Life is learning, death is reflection. The body will break down, of course, and return to the earth, but consciousness is independent of the body. I'm sure you've heard of cases in which people were in comas or pronounced dead and eventually returned to life with the ability to recall what happened to them in their time of absence.

One thing science has yet to prove is where and how thoughts are generated. If consciousness is what separates a man from a corpse or a rock, and consciousness can persist without a body, this suggests that the body is simply a vessel and our consciousness's do not die with it. Think of the body as a robot and consciousness as the being who controls the robot.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

In a quick summary:

Facts:
1. Energy can't be created nor destroyed.
2. Our body is a form of energy and requires calories (energy) to function while we are alive.
3. ALL living things have their own PERSONAL UNIQUE experience while alive (assuming brain activity to be considered alive).
4. Since energy can't be created nor destroyed our energy(possibly AKA soul ) is converted into another form of energy when we die.

IMO:
Where that energy goes is for speculation.

Perhaps we upload our individual personal experiences into the CONSTANT universal energy holding tank. Who or what has access to that universal energy holding tank or why or who set it up is all fair game for speculation.

edit on 4-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Or the body as an avatar, and the consciousness the player controlling the avatar in space/time.

Perhaps "life" is just the character generator portion of a video game we will all launch into after "death?"

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

S&F, Seagurt, very good way to ask the question that is on many people's minds these days. First off, I have had out of body experiences, and I will relate the first one.

I was sitting in my recliner watching TV, and was alone in the house. For some reason I felt compelled to stand up, so I did that. Then I sat back down. It occurred to me that something was happening here, and vaguely remembered a flash of sight at my knee when I was standing. Again I was compelled, and stood up again. This time I looked around and saw my leg, arm, and shoulder, still in the chair. I sat back down. I have to tell you, this was wild, and I just began to think, "I am ready to see this," and as I did this I stood again. This time I turned around and visibly saw my human body sitting there in the chair, sleeping, it looked like, and breathing ever so slightly. Then I was suddenly sat down again, and it was over.
I have given this much thought, as you may imagine, and remember that I saw no thin silver thread, like I had before when Astral Travelling. I did that a lot when I was a child. Could this be a clue that humanity is about to leave their bodies completely? I know we all have a direct connection to Mother Earth, but has anyone considered Parallel Universes? I know this is scientific Theory, but it is certainly a viable theory, as anyone who is aware can attest to.

Also, do you think other "entities" such as aliens would occupy this realm if they in fact are flesh and blood? How about kittens and such? If so why? and if not, why not?

Yes I do think "aliens" occupy our space, but in a slightly different vibration, or dimension. If one considers the many worlds theory, coupled with the multiple dimensions theory....the whole concept is endless, and BIG!
That which we collectively call ET, Aliens, are a part of who we are. Let me explain:
Consider an Ant. And ant lives in his little world, obvious to the world outside. He knows that sometimes Giants come, and treads on his home hill. If a human being could converse with that ant, the human would be an ET, to the ant.
ET consists of many species, and many of them are here to observe what the humans will do during the coming events.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Im really hoping the afterlife is full of things that we enjoy on this earth. For me it would be endless amounts of makeup to play with, puppies that never grow up and that are cute and adorable, and of course hot men.

I think heaven would be a great concept in that sense. Hell would be a place of all the things that we fear, despise, etc. It would be almost like a state of mind. A permanent one at that.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Hi my friend. Very very interesting post and thanks for sharing.
The info you presenting, is what i do believe is really happening.
First I want to comment on the explanation many believe about NDE.
They believe that when we are about to die, the brain produces chemicals than cause a calm and nice feeling so we don’t be afraid of the end coming. Also they believe that random firings of the neurons, is the reason we see the light and so on.
This explanation fails to consider that even when the blood pressure drops a little we black out. Many NDE happens in hospital when the person has no pulse and brain activity. And many believe that a brain with no blood circulating, and no electric activity can produce cconsciousness, and memories.
I don’t think so.
This is what I believe is really happening.

We are some kind of self aware Consciousness which is made off a special energy which some people describe as the divine spark. This IS for ever because in reality there is no time like we know it here –linear time (no beginning no end).
Now this Consciousness (we call it soul for lack of better definition), is self aware, and seeks experiences. This experiences became part of the soul, so maybe we can imagine it as an onion, the core of it is the divine spark and the experiences are like the leaves that are for ever accumulate. So the soul evolves.
Even if there is no linear time there is progression, in a way we cant imagine it now (a forever present maybe where all things happen simultaneously)
Now the soul evolves in his real environment (what we thing as afterlife) or it uses what we call physicality. And physicality consists of the environment we live now of course, and physical laws and bodies, which I believe are essentially a kind of biomachine.
Now our body have a brain, but the brain is not the producer of our cconsciousness, rather it is an instrument so our soul can interact with physicality. Some kind of relay we may say.
The brain now, even it is not the producer of our consciousness, has some kind of secondary cconsciousness (which is lost by death),and the combination of these two consciousnesses is our character in every reincarnation (different every time).
Prior to be born we choose the timeline, the body and the family, so we can have specific progression
. We forget what we really are when we are born so we play this game at its full potential.
When we die, we have a flashback of our life, very very detailed. We “see” what our actions did to other people, and what the results of our choices were. Even if we don’t have a clue what our actions did to a person, in this flashback we will see the full details and feel what tfe other person felt.
This is happening for our evolution and not for our punishment

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jzenman

I pretty much agree with what you have to say.
I have the Tibetan Book of the Dead, but have not read it too much yet.
I also have Seth Speaks, and have read the majority of that book as well.
I have also read all three of Robert Monroe's books.
Plus many other esoteric books, world religions and spiritual paths.

What I have gathered from those books so far, is that the Astral, Mental Atmic realms etc are not places, but states of being at various frequencies. Not necessarily hertz as we understand the word frequency but vibrations or pulses. The lower astral realms tend to vibrate at a lower frequency and is the Hellish realms spoken of in many religious and spiritual texts. Even now, there are people alive, and living in the lower astral realms here on earth. That is what they are attracted to and may go there when they pass over, until they choose to progress and pass on from those realms and thoughts that attracts them there.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We as an energy, will change the way we are manifesting ourselves. flesh and bones would turn into ashes or to dust, however the soul must live on. I think depending on your actions in this form the after life would be a better or worst. what if the total number of souls is a constant one. i mean, yes we as humans being populating the planet are increasing to exceed 7 billion souls, but trees, bees, fishes, angels ..etc has souls too, and their souls number aren't countable. so souls could be a human in this life and in the next one we could be humans, trees, or even Angels, so our energy wouldn't fade away but take another form.
incarnation has been mentioned in religions, and by the laws o physics i cant reject the idea of it, in my point of view the souls would continue to change it's manifestation till judgment day come.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have read on numerous occasions that, when you cross over into the afterlife, all time is NOW.
There is no past or present there.

Therefore, it is possible to see all your relatives, as well as "past" and "future" people you have yet to meet.

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
One more thing.

If reincarnation is true, how come a person who recently dies sees all their dead spirit family members or dead friends. Surely they would be reincarnated and not in heaven. If you see what I mean.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stolisGreece

Thanks I liked your post also. Your take on it is very deep, and largely on how we got to this position. I will try to add something to what you have said

We are in this reality of learning because we were shown by the advanced beings before us in the spirit world. I know it sounds like a movie but its just the way it happened. There are souls so far advanced from us, that you couldn't comprehend. Say we are at stage 100 and it goes for trillions maybe eternally, well the spirits at stage 200 show us what they did to evolve and the spirits in front show them and so on. But we are not all on one stage there is sections where lower (not a good word, just meaning less evolved) souls cannot mess with more evolved souls. How we are born as spirits can be through many different sources not just one. I personally believe that dinosaurs where more advanced souls who created bigger biological creatures to incarnate in, as their energy was so large...think about it dinosaurs where around for about 165 million years.

Indeed being human is not for our punishment but for our soul to do work an ultimately let your spirit grow. Your spirit is your combined energy your soul is a percentage you bring to Earth usually around 60%. So you can never be lost between realms and never be too damaged by what happens whilst we incarnate, thus still be repaired when you go back....witch we all get apron entry. Don't get me wrong I am not pretending life here is peachy it can be damn hard, sometimes unbearable. But when you go home you realise how perfect your existence is and how lucky you are to even BE. This is truly just a game. It is more perfect than you can imagine, its not holy like you might think but a place of constant learning and loving.

You can have two flashbacks one whilst in your concious body witch it like a flicker. And the other is your life review after you get healed from your Earth baggage you see every part of your life where you interacted with another living thing, but you only get their perspective and the exact felling they had when in contact with you. It can be quite horrible, embarrassing, funny and painful.

I speak so matter of fact, I know but if you've seen what I have you would to. I need to just say what I have seen and my jobs done.
edit on 4-6-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't know if there is an afterlife or not. I lean more towards no afterlife having experienced life as I have.

If there is one I would imagine its not what we want. We're all here involuntarily. Most who live don't want to die so again you go involuntarily. Therefore we are pawns in whatever reality we exist in. I will say I expect this alleged afterlife to be free from the problems of our current existence, but nothing else. It won't be heaven or some type of utopia. Its simply a reprieve from life.

Losing your physical body I can't imagine what the experience would be like other than a release. Everything beyond that likely has no bearing on our current reality so we will have no concept of what its like until we get there.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

maybe you should have asked those of us who have crossed over and either been sent back here or dragged back ,to tell their stories of their experiences for all to see and read .it just might help them to better understand that as the doors said -this is the end my friend- is not really true . it is only the beginning .also search here for the nde experience .[near death experience.]there is some interesting reading here for all to partake of.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Thanks for answering my friend.
Before everything I must seek forgiveness for my bad English. I try my best but ….perfection is far away!

Now i also do believe that there are innumerable consciousness’s (spirits) in different evolving stage.
But I will come to this later…
Now I don’t have a personal NDE but I am very interesting in learning from what others are kind to share (like you), and I feel yours experience is the real thing.
What I have to share is a strange coincidence which might make not believers to think twice that something more is happening.
In Athens we have an Unlimited Ride Card for public transportation (Bus, Metro).
This card essentially is a hard piece of paper with the necessary data and your name and picture.
This “paper” is inside a plastic sheet, and has a place for a small coupon. You have the same card for ever (or until to lose it) but you buy a new coupon every month.
Now the card has a serial number and the coupon gets written on it the serial number of the card every month you buy one. So the serial number is always the same.
In Athens we are almost 4 million people and a lot of them have these Cards even if they don’t use and have forgot them in a drawer. That means this serial number is real a big number.
Now my wife and I, initially bought these cards before we have met. We were 2 totally strangers when we bought them.
Now as you might start to imagine, our card serial numbers are exactly the same and only the last digit changes (it is 5 for me and 6 for her)
That means that she has the exact next in line serial number! And we speak for a 6 digit number!
What are the odds for something like this to happen? I believe that it is very difficult to happen by chance.
What I really believe happened is these: Prior to be born we made a life plan. In this life plan we had made the choice to live together in our lives and to have common experiences maybe.
For this life plan to happen it was necessary of course for us to met somehow.
Now what is happening is what we call synchronicities, events that seem strange to happen because of the time – place they occur which doesn’t happen easily by chance.
Synchronicities I think are orchestrated events from the the “other side” maybe from advanced spirits who act as our helpers.
Exactly what I believe is the case here. We were to know each other and synchronicities were in place, so we had met “by accident” in several occasions. One of these occasions was when we bought the cards.
We were in the line one behind the other in a unsuccessful try by the “universe” to be met. I believe there were other attempts but this was special because it produced a hard evidence (the card).

My opinion is that as AsuspiciousMANappears stated, life after death (or real life) is very, truly and perfect organized.
There are levels and levels, and spiritual beings in different stages of “development”
Some of these spiritual beings are the designers of the physicality we experience now (and we thing as the only reality) and they are like gods to our humble stage of consciousness.
Stop for a minute and imagine, lets say, the human eye (or a hawk’s eye which is more advanced).
An eye is a perfect videocamera, a complex construction where laws of optics (and much more) are enabled.
Do you really believe that this happened by chance. No way. There must be a designer for something so complicated to be constructed.
Also I feel is correct to state that advanced spiritual beings are the desingers of the whole universes and maybe is what we will also become after lots of development….
So what is life after death like? I think by connecting the pieces, kindly given to us by people like AsuspiciousMANappears we can draw a faint picture.

First of all, i imagine us as a radiating cloud of consciousness’s, with 360 vision, totally telepathic, having a full set of emotions and with the ability to influence the environment by though. Reality there is not rigid as here.
The environment is more difficult to imagine because I believe there are more “dimension” and structures that we don’t have a clue so our imagination is helpless here.
Everyone has something to do there, maybe helping others to evolve or designing reality (local and physicality) and who knows what else.
There are levels and spiritual beings have access to theirs level of course and to the lowers, not levels above them. There is some kind of frequency every spiritual being has (level of development) which defines the level it resides.
We “come and go” as we reincarnate (but not the whole of us as AsuspiciousMANappears said).
....continued in next post...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
....continued from previous post...
We (ourselves), with the help of other beings design a life-plan and then we “enter” this word (not necessarily in this planet or time line) . When our bodies expire and we return, at first, for many the reality in the after life is like a dream especially if we believe strongly in, let’s say, a religion.
We see at first figures of our beliefs but in reality what we see are spiritual beings. We need time to adjust.
This is especially true for people who strongly believe in a religion. Then we gradually awake in the real reality which is the environment in the after life.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I like these kinds of threads, so I will add my two-cents. S&F OP. First, I've never had an NDE or have been brought back after dying, but I've done a lot of meditation and channeling and here is the view I've constructed through research and experience.

Here's my thoughts to there being nothing. Bullcrap. Besides, if there is nothing I'm not out anything - I'll never even know that I was wrong. However, if there is something after this life - one has to wonder if those who did not reassure others about dying, would be sent to their desired state of nothingness, and be aware of it. Just desserts and the irony matches the ironic divine comedy we live here on Earth.
(I don't really think that happens, I just like teasing atheists and agnostics.)

From what I understand, we are already in a state of "disgrace" and are all serving, I guess you would call a life contract. Dependent upon your actions, adds to your soul group's experiences, who's waiting around for everyone to die and move onto our next state of reality. From what I understand, souls that have lived their lives for the good or betterment of their lot in life, have the choice to return to the source which is the center of the spiral of the universe. There are those who are broken off or lost from their soul group and wander the earth in-between. Those souls tend to create their own soul groups that often manifest in the negative paranormal activity we experience as humans. There are those that are taken and their soul matrix is dissolved or rather broken down. But there is no hell, like the Christian's call it or envision it. That is wishful thinking that true heinous sinners hope for. Why keep around garbage? Why stick a soul who get's off on pain and suffering, into a paradise of bondage and suffering and pain? Sometimes people really think backwards, or they just don't take the time to truly consider. Those souls (depraved, sick) are dismantled and used for better purposes. However, from how I understand it, you have to be really really bad to get a terminate notice on your soul.

Karmic accumulation governs our lot in life. Where we are born and the life we live. Our entire universe is a grid of wave lengths and karma governs our transverse through the universe. From how I understand it, this isn't the only world you can choose to incarnate in, nor the only dimension. But supposedly, our soul groups remain together. Our family units (this would include close friends) are reflective of "soul groups". They can be small or huge from what I understand, soul groups - but none can return to the source until all souls have left their earthly incarnation. I often wonder if those luminous large orb lights that are UFO's are these soul groups. My UFO experience I think was my soul group. Be at ease with death, your loved ones will be their to guide you.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It depends on the person's beliefs upon leaving the physical body. What would you like the afterlife to be like?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bridas
It depends on the person's beliefs upon leaving the physical body. What would you like the afterlife to be like?

This.

There is no cookie cutter afterlife template that all will experience regardless of anything. Your beliefs on what you will see will massively influence what you do see.

People of different religions will see their religious figures and be in places they were told about. People of no religion will perhaps simply continue on with whatever they were interested in while being alive. Atheists that believe in nothingness, will experience that nothingness first hand, as their own thoughts and beliefs will create that void for them to enter into.

There are an infinite number of variations, with no end to the possibilities.

After a long break, I might come back to a physical place. I wont be coming back to this hell hole, though. This is my last go around on this world, I sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

People of different religions will see their religious figures and be in places they were told about. People of no religion will perhaps simply continue on with whatever they were interested in while being alive. Atheists that believe in nothingness, will experience that nothingness first hand, as their own thoughts and beliefs will create that void for them to enter into.

Its replies like this that have never made sense to me.

In the world we currently live in we have a very sharply defined reality. Yet I continue to read people claim that an alleged afterlife won't be sharply defined and simply whatever a person imagines. Real life doesn't work that way. Why would the afterlife?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Why would the afterlife be the same as "real" life? What would make it so?
edit on 6/7/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

You believe blind people who die live in an afterlife where they're still blind. You believe in an afterlife where those who die as children remain as children. You believe in an afterlife where those with mental handicaps remain with mental handicaps.

This is what you believe because those types of people that I mention cannot conceptualize something other than what they lived through.

If you believe in an afterlife in which its only what you can conceptualize while alive then there are millions if not billions of dead experiencing what is tantamount to a handicapped afterlife because when they were alive they weren't given the option of thinking otherwise. Is this what you really want to believe the afterlife is like?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join