It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas governor signs 'Shariah bill' to ban Islamic law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Kansas governor signs 'Shariah bill' to ban Islamic law

KANSAS CITY, Kansas — Republican Kansas Governor Sam Brownback signed a bill aimed at keeping state courts and agencies from using Islamic or other non-U.S. laws when making decisions, his office said on Friday, drawing criticism from a national Muslim group. The law has been dubbed the "Shariah bill" because critics say it targets the Islamic legal code. Shariah, or Islamic law, covers all aspects of Muslim life, including religious obligations and financial dealings. Opponents of state bans say they could nullify wills or legal contracts between Muslims.

Supporters said the law will reassure foreigners in Kansas that state laws and the U.S. Constitution would protect them. Opponents said it singled out Muslims for ridicule and was unnecessary because American laws prevail on U.S. soil.

Sherriene Jones-Sontag, a spokeswoman for the governor, said in an e-mail that the bill "makes it clear that Kansas courts will rely exclusively on the laws of our state and our nation when deciding cases and will not consider the laws of foreign jurisdictions."

Looks like the racist idiots running Kansas have never read a little thing called the constitution and how it would stop Shariah law from taking over in America

If they are going to do this then why haven't they passed a law stopping all of the laws the Christian faith has forced on Americans.

+7 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Good for him. 'bout time someone grew a back bone. islamic law has no business here that's what our laws are for.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
well i think you answered your own question, they are a bunch or racist ignorant fools. Oh how i love living in this bigot state. Brownback is a joke why the people of this state ever elected him is just shocks me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Great. There are activists out there trying to convert us all to bow to sharia's law. Trying to implement it into our system and it has no room. I say all religion and foriegn policy should be pushed out of the law books. The constitution has been null and void for a while. it only exists to fool the masses into believing they have rights.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Good for him. 'bout time someone grew a back bone. islamic law has no business here that's what our laws are for.

The first ammendment states:

The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

What part about this don't you and the idiots running Kansas not understand?

This law is nothing but Islamophobia run wild.

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I will not quote the constitution. There is a separation of church and state. We do not have Christian laws they are laws of the land.
Since sharia is both religion and law, any attempt to implement sharia in the US would be against the constitution under separation of church and state

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
I will not quote the constitution. There is a separation of church and state. We do not have Christian laws they are laws of the land.
Since sharia is both religion and law, any attempt to implement sharia in the US would be against the constitution under separation of church and state

Look into a little thing called blue laws in your area. These are laws based on religion alone. Not unless it's ok in your state to buy alcohol on Sunday for Adam and Steve's wedding.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

correct and with that in mind why did we need Gov BBack to sign this bill?? Damned if i know the us constitution already has safe guards in place to keep such things from happening. Just another dirt bag wasting our money, in my opinion.

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I understand your concern and views, and I respect them. However, I have to disagree with you calling them racist idiots. There have been instances where Shariah Law has tried to come into play here in the Unites States. shariahinamericancourts.com...

so, therefore, its not so much idiocy and zenophobia as it is a state self preservation in the courts of America...

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how liberals easily pick out American Fascism but are completely blind to the Fascism inherent in Sharia Law.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

To call me a liberal is not entirely correct but i could see where you might think that. My problem with this bill is as such. It is a repetitive regurgitation that singles out a minority here in the United states, while ignoring all other religions.

explanation- The first amendment already keeps the use of islamic law as an over riding force here in america, as it also keeps christian, hindu, buddism, etc etc from completely over riding the laws here in America. To single out one religion with this law regardless of its origin is wrong, it is also a waste of tax payers money. It shows blatant secularism and to an extent racism by the members who drafted and singed the bill.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by lucid eyes

To call me a liberal is not entirely correct but i could see where you might think that. My problem with this bill is as such. It is a repetitive regurgitation that singles out a minority here in the United states, while ignoring all other religions.

explanation- The first amendment already keeps the use of islamic law as an over riding force here in america, as it also keeps christian, hindu, buddism, etc etc from completely over riding the laws here in America. To single out one religion with this law regardless of its origin is wrong, it is also a waste of tax payers money. It shows blatant secularism and to an extent racism by the members who drafted and singed the bill.

Well said. But this America and our Israeli run MSM wants us to fear Muslims. So it's ok to single them out.

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe because some other idiot judge made this ruling.

www.humanevents.com...

US Judge rules Muslims have a right to assault people who offend them

People who are concerned about the spread of Muslim sharia law into American jurisprudence used to be dismissed as alarmists. That won’t happen again for a while, thanks to a Pennsylvania judge who just dismissed assault charges against a Muslim who was videotaped attacking a man dressed as “Zombie Muhammad” during a Halloween parade.

The judge, who is a Muslim, didn’t even care to see the videotape, because the assault was entirely justified under sharia law, so the First Amendment doesn’t apply. In fact, the beaten Zombie Muhammad should just be thankful he wasn’t killed, because that’s what would have happened in a Muslim country.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
It never ceases to amaze me how liberals easily pick out American Fascism but are completely blind to the Fascism inherent in Sharia Law.

As well as fascism in other religions. Any religion that gains power tends to try to suppress other views and make it's belief into laws. I have yet to see an exception to the rule. It's one of the main reasons many of us strongly believe in a separation of church and state. It keeps the government out of religion and the religion out of the government.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

If i was the victim of the beating i think i would of filled an appeal in a higher court, i would of pressed charges as the judge obviously had a conflict of interest, which was made apparent when he refused to view any evidence in the case.

Sadly the world is not a perfect place, and as such neither are the laws of man, but looking at the building blocks of what is the United states of America, it is clearly stated that the laws of the govt at the local and national level will superseed that of any law of any religion.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You and I have differing opinions on this.

watch this www.youtube.com...

It is not a racist or reactionary conclusion that he reaches. He analytically picks apart the actions and contradictions of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers in how they subvert, convert, and subjugate peoples over long periods of time. Watch it, and you may actually like something that idiot jackhole Brownback did for once.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

You and I have differing opinions on this.

watch this www.youtube.com...

It is not a racist or reactionary conclusion that he reaches. He analytically picks apart the actions and contradictions of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers in how they subvert, convert, and subjugate peoples over long periods of time. Watch it, and you may actually like something that idiot jackhole Brownback did for once.

When this guy actually learns the difference between a hadith and what the actual Qur'an says then he maybe worth listening to.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Folks who agree with this ruling:

Change the word Shariah to Christian
Watch how your stance changes

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers in how they ...-snip-

Quick off topic question. Why do muslims say that whenever they say Muhammad?
And...why not also when saying things like Moses, Jesus, Abraham, and Joe the guy down the street that died last week?

If its respect for the dead, then it should be after any dead,
If its respect for a prophet, then it should be after every prophet, right?

just a mild curiosity, one I never spent much time researching...try to make it super brief as it is off topic and don't want to detract from the thread.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I really have no idea, I think it is to glorify their religion, or at least that is one part of it. And when someone (Muslim or non Muslim) says Muhammad without that bit in the presence of another Muslim it could give them an excuse to (in stealth Jihad mode) accuse them of intolerance towards their religion, or (in offensive Jihad mode) beat him till he converts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join