It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas governor signs 'Shariah bill' to ban Islamic law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If they are going to do this then why haven't they passed a law stopping all of the laws the Christian faith has forced on Americans.

So you want to legalize murder, theft, slavery, sex abuse and permit people to commit acts of violence against eachother and get away scotfree?

Guess we can see your morality compass is non existant.

Don't like it?

Leave the country and go somewhere else.
edit on 26-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You forgot the killing of puppies and pedophilia

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by redneck13
The people of Kansas are saying to Muslims,
Don’t even think about it

It's not the people of Kansas it's the government of Kansas.

Two different things.

elected buy the majority of people. They work for the people of Kansas

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Looks like the racist idiots running Kansas have never read a little thing called the constitution and how it would stop Shariah law from taking over in America

If they are going to do this then why haven't they passed a law stopping all of the laws the Christian faith has forced on Americans.
I wonder if that also nullifies rabbanical courts and their rulings in kansas too .. also, lol... I did not even know that kansas HAD Muslims!
edit on 26-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

So you want to legalize murder, theft, slavery, sex abuse and permit people to commit acts of violence against eachother and get away scotfree?

Guess we can see your morality compass is non existant.

Don't like it?

Leave the country and go somewhere else.
edit on 26-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

The laws I am talking are the blue laws Like I said in a earlier post. Sorry that went over your head.

The laws you are talking about are common sense laws. Seeing how your faith condones murder, theft, and slavery has it been a while since you read your bible?

If you want to live under Christian laws then pack your bags and get to the Vatican where you belong.

And when did the child molesters running the Christian faith learn anything about morals?

Search: Top Catholic exorcist says missing girl was used in 'Vatican sex parties'

edit on 26-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

You and I have differing opinions on this.

watch this www.youtube.com...

It is not a racist or reactionary conclusion that he reaches. He analytically picks apart the actions and contradictions of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers in how they subvert, convert, and subjugate peoples over long periods of time. Watch it, and you may actually like something that idiot jackhole Brownback did for once.

David Wood shreds Islam

The guy knows his stuff.

All you have to do is go buy the damn book and read it to know it was written to support war and conquest.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
edit on 26-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A govt. cannot permit a parasitic second set of laws to interfere with the processes of the original laws established by the states constitutional convention (state's, not federal's). If a state wants to institute tenants of Sharia law it must be done by amending the states constitution or during a state's constitutional convention. By default those parasitic laws not being in state constitution anyone trying to enforce Sharia laws can be arrested for a wide variety of law violations such as kidnapping, unlawful restraint, civil penalties, etc.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

My stance does not change.

U.S. Laws should be enforced in U.S. courts, I don't know why that's a question. We shouldn't be taking other country's or nation's laws into consideration.

Also, you should never be able to get away with honor killings or assault simply because it's your religion, I don't care what religion. Things called standards exist.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Also, you should never be able to get away with honor killings or assault simply because it's your religion, I don't care what religion. Things called standards exist.

Interesting
See, I thought we already had laws on the books for things like assault and murder. hmm.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

We do. The problem is when you begin considering other types of law that aren't U.S. laws....That's what this is about.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Good for him. 'bout time someone grew a back bone. islamic law has no business here that's what our laws are for.

The first ammendment states:

The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

What part about this don't you and the idiots running Kansas not understand?

This law is nothing but Islamophobia run wild.

Islamophobia run wild? Nonsense. This law, if properly written, should not infringe on the rights of Muslims while at the same time preventing Islamic religious tradition from harming non-muslims. In fact, every state should implement a properly worded law that completely forbids Sharia Jurisprudence from gaining any kind or type of recognition in the states. Failing to do so could possibly leave a legal loophole or obscurity to be exploited by Sharia supporters. And, do not fool yourself. There are supporters of Sharia in the US that would be mad with glee if they could bestow their nonsense religious law upon us all.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

We do. The problem is when you begin considering other types of law that aren't U.S. laws....That's what this is about.

Well, other nations laws are the law..in those nations.

in the US, you deal with the US law. I am not understanding the point.
It may be legal to have sex with a 14 year old in russia...if you are russian and come here and have sex with a 14 year old, you go to jail...go directly to jail..do not pass go, etc.
You cannot use a different nation or culture to scurry around the law. So, this whole passing of the bill had nothing to do with actual grounds or potential for a foothold of shariah...

Makes you then wonder...what was the true intent of this rather redundant and pointless exercise? Who does it cater to?
(actually, it doesn't make the average person wonder that much.)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Kansas governor signs 'Shariah bill' to ban Islamic law
Looks like the racist idiots running Kansas have never read a little thing called the constitution and how it would stop Shariah law from taking over in America

Yeah I agree, because it's not like a judge has ever used Sharia law to override US law. I mean Pennsylvania Judge Mack Martin never set free a man who attacked a guy wearing a Prophet Muhammad Zombie outfit, ruling that Sharia law FORCED the man to attack, thus there was no crime involved.

"grabbed me, choked me from the back, and spun me around to try and get my sign off that was wrapped around my neck." The judge not only dismissed the harassment charge but lectured Mr. Perce about Islam.

The judge held a copy of the Quran and challenged Mr. Perce "to show me where it says in the Quran that Muhammad arose and walked among the dead.....

The judge then went on to say "In many other Muslim-speaking countries, err, excuse me, many Arabic-speaking countries, predominantly Muslim, something like this is definitely against the law there, in their society. In fact, it could be punished by death, and frequently is, in their society."

Read more: digitaljournal.com...

Basically he said the man who was attacked for wearing a costume was the one to blame. Blame the victim, lot's of that in Sharia Law.

edit on 27-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Folks who agree with this ruling:

Change the word Shariah to Christian
Watch how your stance changes

I agree with this ruling, so now tell me where we have Christian laws? What Christian law supercedes US Law? Thanks for playing.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal
reply to post by Chance321

Do any of you that are so scared of and upset by Sharia law actually know what it is and how it works?

Yes, do you? Here is a quote I already used from a judge who used Sharia Law to supercede US Law.

The judge then went on to say "In many other Muslim-speaking countries, err, excuse me, many Arabic-speaking countries, predominantly Muslim, something like this is definitely against the law there, in their society. In fact, it could be punished by death, and frequently is, in their society."

Read more: digitaljournal.com...

There is Sharia Law, thanks.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by Autumnal

No and to be totally honest I could really care less. This is AMERICA not an islamic nation, and these are our laws.

Sorry for your ignorance. Are you suggesting that America is a Jewish nation since we allow them to follow their laws? If I want to follow Sharia law, that changes America how?

Please tell me what Jewish Laws supercede US Law. Can they stone women for being prostitutes without legal ramifications? Thanks.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Can any of you explain to me how the rules of dodgeball have ill effects on baseball players?

Can you tell me what place the rules of dodgeball have in a baseball game? None. So what place does Sharia Law have in US courts. None. Thanks for agreeing with the bill that was passed.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Can any of you explain to me how the rules of dodgeball have ill effects on baseball players?

Can you tell me what place the rules of dodgeball have in a baseball game? None. So what place does Sharia Law have in US courts. None. Thanks for agreeing with the bill that was passed.

So many of you are sooooo special. The rules of dodgeball do not apply to baseball. If my neighbor wants to practice Sharia law, that has no effect on me or the constitution or any laws in the US.

Just because none of you know what Sharia law is is no reason to get upset with me. I am not afraid of things that can never ever hurt me. Why are you?

Can you tell me what place Halacha law has in the US?
Why are has it not been banned yet?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Unfortunately what i witnessed were Religious Police (CPVPV) telling what I could and could not do and what said penalties were for said actions.

Yes they were. They were the religious police in that place following those cultural norms, NOT SHARIA LAW.

Please pay attention because this is important and many of you are too busy being stupid to get it. Sharia law only applies to people who AGREE to follow Sharia law. Any "police" enforcing any "religious laws" onto you, a non-Muslim, were not following Sharia law.

Now continue being ignorant.

They claimed to be lenient because i was a visiting American, but... they claimed it was all written in Islamic (Sharia) Law and I could look it up.. What was I missing when they were treating a human being like a sub-class (this was Saudi Arabia btw)

So some people in some other country roughed you up and told you it was Sharia and viola, you learned what Sharia is and are an expert qualified to opine on it?
I guess when Christians tell me that I should die for listening to rock music that means under Abrahamic law, christians want me murdered for listening to rock music.

Or...those christians are nuts and wrong, just like some muslims are nuts and wrong too.

You did not have to take their word for it, you could look it up for yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join