It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong Recalls Hair-Raising Apollo Moon Landing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I have a simple question.

IF they went to the moon why can't we see any of the stuff they left behind? The flag for example.

With the tech. we have today isn't there a telescope that can zoom in on the 'landing platform' or the U.S. flag or something that proves man walked on the moon?

They can but they won't because there is nothing there folks.....we can't get to the moon today either!!!!

You would never see it from such a distance. We cant see a flag because from Earth there is no telescope with enough resolution, and whatever we have in lunar orbit doesn't have high enough resolution as well to see something less than a meter across. I assume you are inferring the use of a telescope, with the naked eye it would be impossible.Can you see a person standing 240000 miles away? When you are on a commercial flight, look down and see if you can see individual people, you cant see them with the naked eye from 6 miles up and even with binoculars it wouldn't be easy. . That's a lot closer than the moon. There are pictures of the landing sites, and the descent stages of the Lunar modules are still visible. The flag or the science experiments are probably visible, but only as a pixel or so.
edit on 26-5-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by jazzguy
isnt it strange how he continually re-tells this story as if he is getting paid to remind people that we actually went there LOL.

he can talk all he wants... he aint no hero to me

Well, he is a hero to me. And to 99.99999999% of the people on this planet.

Well count me in the .11111% then.
An example of a hero for me is someone who risks life or limb to save another.
The word hero is so overused now days, its lost its meaning.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Excuse me, but the word Hero is only connected to life saving by tenuous threads at best. Hero's come in all shapes and sizes, and in all categories and lifestyles. Brian May (guitarist of the rock band Queen) is a guitar hero, Steve Jobs was a nerd hero, and the Apollo astronauts are heros of exploration.

What you were describing is a life saver. Armstrong and Co. are outright badasses for more reasons than I know how to verbalise for crying out loud. In one trip they traveled further than Columbus, in a spacecraft which looked for all the world like a mistake made in a Meccano factory. They had cast iron balls the size of a large asteroid!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You have your opinion and I have mine

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Anyone that straps themselves into a rocket that must travel god knows how many thousands of miles an hour to escape our gravitational pull must have balls of steel, that has never been in debate.

However,parts of the tale seems to have certain anomalies and question marks where some think there shouldn't be question marks. It's interesting if nothing else.

ETA I think Neil is a Hero though, in anyones book. And he also seems like a very nice man, well spoken, attentive, etc.

A good bit of Hollywood portrayal of some of the original astronaut program at NASA before the Apollo days is in the movie The Right Stuff. It's a great movie I can heartily recommend. Plenty of laughs although it is a somewhat serious portrayal of the spirit of the guys. In a lot of ways, Neil is the "Odd One Out". He's not the typical Space Cowboy although he does have the accent.

edit on 26/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
They are known as SHEEPLE btw.

They are known as people who actually have a functional brain.

Everyone are "sheeple" to the irrational conspiracy theorist!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

isnt it strange how he continually re-tells this story as if he is getting paid to remind people that we actually went there LOL.

Well, he is a hero to me. And to 99.99999999% of the people on this planet.

Well count me in the .11111% then.
An example of a hero for me is someone who risks life or limb to save another.
The word hero is so overused now days, its lost its meaning.

grab a dictionary

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I have a simple question.

IF they went to the moon why can't we see any of the stuff they left behind? The flag for example.

With the tech. we have today isn't there a telescope that can zoom in on the 'landing platform' or the U.S. flag or something that proves man walked on the moon?

They can but they won't because there is nothing there folks.....we can't get to the moon today either!!!!

So China is "in on it" too right?

The scientists also spotted traces of the previous Apollo mission in the images, said Yan Jun, chief application scientist for China's lunar exploration project.
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Why dont you grab a dictionary and look up "opinion?"

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

busted

you obvioulsy didn't read the interview. he is nearly a recluse. and he doesn't care about the hoaxers, as well he shouldn't

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There was just a video on the lunar landing going around that well nigh
said it didn't happen. They never say what did happen as all conspiracy
theories go. As far as Neil is considered whatever happened is known
by all and not much else to talk about.

There are too many official stories and counter conspiracy theories but
that must go with the territory.
ED:

Starts off with radiation dangers.
At one hour in the Moon liftoff is looked at.

edit on 5/26/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
There was just a video on the lunar landing going around that well nigh
said it didn't happen. They never say what did happen as all conspiracy
theories go. As far as Neil is considered whatever happened is known
by all and not much else to talk about.

There are too many official stories and counter conspiracy theories but
that must go with the territory.
ED:

Starts off with radiation dangers.
At one hour in the Moon liftoff is looked at.

edit on 5/26/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

That's a ridiculous film. Flat out LIES are told.

And that radiation argument is a joke that is debunked time and time again. But don't take my word for it.

"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense."

- Dr. James A Van Allen
edit on 5-26-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by OpenEars123

i dont know - but ask why should he ? to appease a false dilema presented by bart sibrel

If I was in his shoes and DID land on the moon, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you??

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

i dont know - but ask why should he ? to appease a false dilema presented by bart sibrel

If I was in his shoes and DID land on the moon, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you??

I wouldn't have...

as if "swearing on the bible" to bart sibrel would change anything anyway....

sibrel is a class A dickhole.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

I wouldn't have...

as if "swearing on the bible" to bart sibrel would change anything anyway....

sibrel is a class A dickhole.

I wouldn't do it to appease that (as you rightly said) dickhole. I would do it because hundreds of millions of people saw him SNUB it. I would have done it 'afterwards' to prove the millions upon millions of doubters wrong.

It's not rocket science..

edit on 26-5-2012 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I wouldn't do it to appease that (as you rightly said) dickhole. I would do it because hundreds of millions of people saw him SNUB it. I would have done it 'afterwards' to prove the millions upon millions of doubters wrong.

It's not rocket science..

edit on 26-5-2012 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

But would that really prove anything? The moon hoaxers all cite that as proof that the astronauts are liars, but I guarantee if he ever swore on the bible they would just be saying he is a liar that swore on the bible.

Maybe they would have done it if sibrel wasn't so militant in attacking them, and telling them they are liars, and then asking them to swear on the bible.

A little courtesy could go a long way. Not to mention the incident with Buzz Aldrin where sibrel had his camera people following and harassing Mr. Aldrin after repeatedly being told to leave him alone.

I would have landed one on his chin also.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Ha yea, thats because hes a liar! He will only allow people who believe the bs story that man went to the moon so he doesn't hafta answer any of the hard questions. He is not a hero, he is a liar and if he had any balls at all, he would do the right thing and tell the Truth!!

Ps, if anyone wants more info on the moon hoax, i highly highly reccomend going to jarrah whites youtube channel and watch all the moonraker video's...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
i highly highly reccomend going to jarrah whites youtube channel

lmao

this is what is wrong with the world.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

i don't blame him. he was the first person on the moon and still now, mankinds greatest technical achievement, and he has to hear that the greatest moment in his life was a fraud.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Hahaha omfg... Dude, have you looked into the inconsistencies?!? You are crazy to think he is anything other than a seasoned professional paid liar!! Why do you think he is reclusive?! You would too if you were constantly lying to the world. Granted, he may not have a choice, NASA may have him by the short and curly's, and is forced to lie..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join