It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It get's them anything but Romney, which is already the cry of many people.

Sure people were saying anyone but Obama, but that was before they realized the other option was Romney.
Romney is the worst option without a doubt, and yes I think Obama is a terrible president.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No.. you will see us voting for Ron Paul and calling for others to vote for Paul so Romney doesn't win. Romney is the worst candidate in the race which is saying a lot considering Obama is in there, and Romney is out of touch with people, something he has no intention of rectifying as he comes in and destroys thousands upon thousands of jobs and grows the defense and military budget by huuuuge amounts.

Mark my words, if he is elected that is what you will see happen.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Why are you on this site? Curious?

Also.. what evidence have you ever seen that Paul considers conspiracy theories? People bringing such matters to him regularly is more indicative that he is a poltician that they trust, not that they somehow know he believes as they do.

You just blather on and on. You have no idea why. You have no idea why you support Romney. You only created this thread to keep someone else from being able to make a fair and balanced thread to discuss the Texas primary. You got to it first so anyone that wants to read just for info or happens to support Paul is berrated by your ignorant and arrogant comments. Opinions no one ever asked for.
edit on 29-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You just blather on and on. You have no idea why. You have no idea why you support Romney. You only created this thread to keep someone else from being able to make a fair and balanced thread to discuss the Texas primary. You got to it first so anyone that wants to read just for info or happens to support Paul is berrated by your ignorant and arrogant comments. Opinions no one ever asked for.
edit on 29-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

First off. I created this thread so I can create whatever atmosphere I want to in my debates. Show me where I have not been fair and balanced in my thread. Please show me where this site is not 80% conspiracy theorists. I was being generous the number is probably 95% conspiracy theorists. What's Ron Paul up to right now? What's he doing with that last money he gathered from the money bomb a few days ago? Why are there no Ron Paul rallies in texas right now? Are there? Ron Paul people didn't even make a dent in Texas right now. According to Google Romney is winning every single county right now besides for one where Gingrich is winning! Ron Paul's got 10 delegates. Romney has 97 delegates in Texas. He only needed 60. Romney's got 70% of the votes. Those are the facts.

Actually I created this thread so its one of the first primary threads that are not talking about Ron Paul. It actually was talking about the primary process itself. I created a thread for Kansas and no one cared, cause it didn't have anything to do with Ron Paul. There is no fair and balance here in politics. It's gota be Ron Paul 24/7 on ats in politics.

I've debunked your map. I've debunked your delegate takeover strategy. And yet, you are still telling me I am wrong, with literally no facts to back up your claims, and no links to your data!

Here's a simple google search for your viewing pleasure. It's tough to face reality when its staring at you directly in the eye huh?

www.latimes.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
blog.chron.com...

This story is on the front page of every single political section in the country right now!

edit on 29-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Romney has won the Texas primary. He's over the top, way more than 1144. The only people who do not believe this are Ron Paul supporters. There's not going to be a "second ballot." You are correct. We will have to wait for the official convention vote for it to be officially over. So we'll have to listen to the Paultards claiming, "It isn't over until it's over!" refrain for another few weeks of futile bleating. And when it finally IS "officially" over and Romney is "officially" the nominee, we will have to listen to the inevitable, "We wuz robbed!" refrain.

First, I wish these people could find a decent conservative candidate in favor of small government and a strong foreign policy and put their energy there. Is that Rand Paul? I dunno. Explore the issue. Second, I wish these guys would act like grownups.

Too much to ask, I know.

It was a long journey but ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.

- Mitt Romney -

The fat lady has sung.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Whats funny is the only other thread about Romney WINNING the texas primary was also made by a person who is known to not like Ron Paul!

So Should Romney fans not have the option to make threads about their candidate winning especially after all the BS the Ron Paul people have thrown around on this website during the Primaries?

I call that fair.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It will be all over in about 5 months. Then we can put all this Ron Paul mania

behind us. Ron Paul is too old to run in 2016.

---------
The journey is over. Here is the link to the finish line. Romney crossed it.

- Romney Crosses Finish Line -
edit on 30-5-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This entire befungle of political moves reminds me of a time in history when the very legitimacy of humanity stood at the brink of liberty and freedom as opposed to slavery for not onlyy for blacks that were on the top of the issue, but humanity, all Americans as a whole.

The vested interests in this unprecedented and feudal race are all part of the take away of American rights and personal sovereignty.

The very same ideology persists today to create continuity of slavery and persona-non-Grata of Americans and their right to personal freedoms for the future.

We have all watched helplessly as the media black out of Running mate Dr. Ron Paul was strategically pushed through regardless of the ever growing numbers of individuals in support of liberty, freedom and the issues which stand to create either the future of personal solidity or slavery.

The 250 year plan has failed, the plan has encountered people who have become a grass roots of freedom minded individuals who understand and will fight until the bitter end for the Constitution and all that it represents.

Remember that President Lincoln walked into the National convention without a single delegate and walked out with the nomination.

Don't fall prey to the agenda against liberty. Don't allow the msm propaganda to infiltrate your freedoms.

Do stand up for America and for personal choice over tyranny.

Sometimes the winning skeam is not as important as the winning team.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

What difference is there between this announcement and all the other shenanigans from the very beginning? This is OLD news just like the OLD POLITICS it represents.

Nothing new here, just more wordsmithing to propagate their continuity of the same old same old.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

All is well. Join us over at The Tea Party Express.

We're working on an important victory in Wisconsin.

- Scott Walker Recall Election -

June 5, 2012

Current polling shows a landslide victory!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is fraud, plain and simple. If Miitt had the delegates, why did he speak to empty houses? Now we see whether our courts are presided over by judges of integrity, or boughtoff whores.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What we have all witnessed has been nothing short of Attrition. Never before have I seen so many underdogs created for their belief in a dying and eroding system. Perhaps it is not our fate to come through this or any other future without great sorrow and retribution for acts we have been part and privy to in other parts of the world. Perhaps Democracy has truly come home to roost.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Whilst I am pretty sure that Romney (boo hiss) will be the nominee I decided to see how green paper individual state results compared to politco's delegate tracker and the Green Paper front page totals.

The front page says Romney has 1012 delegate hard total .... which is still shy of the 1,144 needed.

but when I painstakingly went through each and every state on the back up pages this is what I discovered

Romney has “1,101” delegates, with 761 being "bound", (but obviously they could abstain)
Total available unbound delegates as of today are 1,469, of which 340 are currently being counted as Romney's but the state rules do not actually bind them.....(I was looking for the language that said they had to vote that way, one state just mentioned they were only morally bound...

Total delegates up for grabs in June are 339... Which means that even if Romney gets all the 339 as bound + 761 bound he already has he still doesn't quite make it to 1,144 for the first round.

A lot can happen between now and Tampa, but realistically we won't know how they all vote until the actual national convention.

Mathematically the fat lady has yet to sing .....

www.thegreenpapers.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Fittingly enough Texas will be the fat lady. You have one more day I believe till she screams.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Fittingly enough Texas will be the fat lady. You have one more day I believe till she screams.

he'd need at least "383" bound delegates from TX to make it to the 1,144 ...TX only has 155 delegates to deliver.... like I said we have to wait until Tampa.

What I have absolutely no doubt about is that regardless of what actually happens, there is no way the GOP will allow anything other than a Romney victory.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Green papers has Romney with 1,329 bound delegates after TX, can you show me where they are off? What states do they have wrong?

www.thegreenpapers.com...

The Hard Count.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by antar

All is well. Join us over at The Tea Party Express.

We're working on an important victory in Wisconsin.

- Scott Walker Recall Election -

June 5, 2012

Current polling shows a landslide victory!

LOL

The Tea Party was effectively killed years ago. Nothing but a puppet of the establishment.

Today The Treasury Sec was asked how much the next budget deficit ceiling would be raised - he didn't give an answer, said it would be too disturbing. The US deficit will reach 23 trillion by 2015.....that is roughly 2 years from now. So is the Tea Party going to have the balls to refuse the next ceiling increase or are they going to buckle like the last time?

I won't hold my breathe on that one....we all know the answer. The Tea Party USED to stand for something, not anymore.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A PURE DEMOCRACY.

All you anti-paul people had better get a grasp of this very simple concept. Let me repeat -

The US of A is a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY.

A proper understanding of the political system of the country you live in would serve a lot of these people well.

I agree. So in the spirit of agreement please gain a proper understanding. The US is a Republic, not a Democracy. A Constitutional Republic to be exact. So before you pro Paul people talk get a basic grasp.

In the spirit of being correct - We are both wrong and right.

Constitutional Republic
Liberal Democracies

Liberal democracy, also known as constitutional democracy, is a common form of representative democracy. According to the principles of liberal democracy, elections should be free and fair, and the political process should be competitive. Political pluralism is usually defined as the presence of multiple and distinct political parties. A liberal democracy may take various constitutional forms: it may be a constitutional republic, such as France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, or the United States, or a constitutional monarchy, such as Japan, Spain, or the United Kingdom. It may have a presidential system (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, the United States), a semi-presidential system (Finland, France, Taiwan), or a parliamentary system (Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, Poland, the United Kingdom).

Though a constitutional republic is not a pure democracy it necessarily has some democratic elements, such as the ability of the people to elect a president (in the U.S. the majority of the population is checked here too, as the popular vote of the people does not necessarily decide the winner). Nations where the head of state is not elected, as in a monarchy, as not elected but has a parliament with elected representatives that govern according to constitutional law protecting individual rights are called constitutional, democratic monarchies). Both are considered liberal democracies because they protect individual liberty from majority and minority forces, while retaining some democratic elements

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

All you anti-paul people had better get a grasp of this very simple concept. Let me repeat -

The US of A is a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY.

A proper understanding of the political system of the country you live in would serve a lot of these people well.

I agree. So in the spirit of agreement please gain a proper understanding. The US is a Republic, not a Democracy. A Constitutional Republic to be exact. So before you pro Paul people talk get a basic grasp.

In the spirit of being correct - We are both wrong and right.

Constitutional Republic
Liberal Democracies

Liberal democracy, also known as constitutional democracy, is a common form of representative democracy. According to the principles of liberal democracy, elections should be free and fair, and the political process should be competitive. Political pluralism is usually defined as the presence of multiple and distinct political parties. A liberal democracy may take various constitutional forms: it may be a constitutional republic, such as France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, or the United States, or a constitutional monarchy, such as Japan, Spain, or the United Kingdom. It may have a presidential system (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, the United States), a semi-presidential system (Finland, France, Taiwan), or a parliamentary system (Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, Poland, the United Kingdom).

Though a constitutional republic is not a pure democracy it necessarily has some democratic elements, such as the ability of the people to elect a president (in the U.S. the majority of the population is checked here too, as the popular vote of the people does not necessarily decide the winner). Nations where the head of state is not elected, as in a monarchy, as not elected but has a parliament with elected representatives that govern according to constitutional law protecting individual rights are called constitutional, democratic monarchies). Both are considered liberal democracies because they protect individual liberty from majority and minority forces, while retaining some democratic elements

Sorry, in the spirit of whatever you want, the US is a Constitutional Republic.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Well you can just put your head in the sand and pretend that your right...but you still aren't. Not completely.
Until you can show me some references that the United States is PURELY a Constitutional Republic then I henceforth stand by assertions that we are a hybrid of a Representative Democracy / Cons. Republic.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join