It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN anomaly stopped local time for 60 minutes....or the Earth stopped rotating today!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
That "thing" under ground makes BIG magnetic fields.

We are close to find what gravity **really** is. Not only calculate how it
affects us, or only use the calculations for our satellites. . .

Sooooooooo, what if the light from the sun was distorded localy, at
the OP's place only ??
The magnetic field twisted the light horizontaly a few degrees, 10 to 15,
and the OP sees the sun as if one hour late. . .

Blue skies.

Sorry but, you are trying to talk sense into people who seem to have it all figured out and already know what IS and what IS NOT possible in this universe. The Ego runs strong thru them. I doubt they will have the ability to admit that they don't have all of the answers and that they could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RationalTeddy
reply to post by FrankPoster

Switzerland, near Zurich here. No abnormal behavior of the sun or time that day, sorry.
Also, when blaming CERN, how do you reckon that should happen? What is the mechanism you think is behind this phenomenon?

I agree with other posters here that this must be something that would have happened to everyone.

Not if it were a local phenomenon! Could be a local bubble or distortion of atmosphere.

Why CERN, because if you read my post properly then you would have read that from my position to the Sun that CERN lays directly beneath it. CERN is just a few kms from the lodgings I am staying. That's why.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by C-JEAN
That "thing" under ground makes BIG magnetic fields.

We are close to find what gravity **really** is. Not only calculate how it
affects us, or only use the calculations for our satellites. . .

Sooooooooo, what if the light from the sun was distorded localy, at
the OP's place only ??
The magnetic field twisted the light horizontaly a few degrees, 10 to 15,
and the OP sees the sun as if one hour late. . .

Blue skies.

Thanks for the re-assurance!

Sorry but, you are trying to talk sense into people who seem to have it all figured out and already know what IS and what IS NOT possible in this universe. The Ego runs strong thru them. I doubt they will have the ability to admit that they don't have all of the answers and that they could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
CERN is a particle collider. It has nothing to do with time.

That we know of.

That CERN could be doing all sorts of things we don't understand. It could be churning out bubbles of time distortions .. waves of them .. or no distortions at all. My daughter wonders if that thing could be what has been making those strange sky/ground rumblings around the world. You just never know ....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankPoster

Ok, let us assume it was a local phenomenon. I also assume that you are "back in sync" with time now? So how did the getting back in sync happen for the rest of the world? Did the sun suddenly jump for us? I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but I cannot imagine how this could have been local. So I would be interested to hear your theory of how that would work.
Also, what do you mean with:

The sun, in that position at that time of day is directly over CERN, the nuclear particle accelerator.

Directly over as in from your point of view? How would that influence your perception of the sun's position? It certainly was not directly above as in a direct line earth's center-CERN-sun at that time of day in Geneva.

It is true, CERN creates extremely strong magnetic fields. We once visited the facility when I was in school, pretty impressive! Some people's watches had the hands stuck together because the metal was magnetized. But the fields diminish quickly and are hardly even measurable outside.

Again, this is not a personal attack, but what is your theory as to how CERN would cause such an effect? You being an amateur astronomer means that you probably have an understanding of physics which is above average. Let us try to build a theory as to how such an effect would be caused.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well it is summertime.

The sun has been staying out later now. It even throws me off a bit when it is 9:30pm and it is still sunny outside.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OMG! The earth stopped rotating!

Or time was stopped by the CERN reactor.

Or the OP was really bored. lol

<< 1  2   >>

join