It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the TSHTF and there is no more gasoline or diesel, what will you use to get about?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hunkered down for a while and with the proper materials, a wood gasifier. I already have the .PDF manuals on the subject that I have printed off and stored in my fire-proof lock box, along with seeds, and manuals on edible wild plants. I don't think I'll ever have to use the contents of the box, but it's better safe than sorry.

Then again, I have my own two legs, and a few bicycles. I could get along fine without gasoline if need be.

-TS

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Luckily where I live, we all have horses, and horses came way before the motor vehicle / bike came! Just got to feed and water them...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

s + f for thee OP... ive often pondered this though and spoken to friends about it....
like a few other posters and for me personally i would definitely go for a horse..! or a mule or hinny etc..

this is a mule in the pic..

especially a 'good doer' - i.e. a horse that doesn't need much food to maintain condition and can survive on a bare minimum of grass alone... and also get fat from watching it grow..! (so prone to obesity)
usually cobs, highland ponies, sturdy draft horses, quarter horse, even arabs or any large pony...

they wouldn't give you many problems - maybe apart from moaning about long journeys etc but other than that not many problems and not much expenditure...
i used to have 2 horses, but they;re sadly not with me anymore
but have been thinking of acquiring another friend... and IMO i think he/she maybe a good investment for the future...!

you also get a beautiful caring friend for life.....

edit on 22-5-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As long as the sun shines, I got power!
If I need to grease a wheel, I got lard.
I'll be ok!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

propane

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've got a Siberian Husky, and plan on getting a sled. He can pull me, and probably 50lbs of equipment.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Got a perfectly good mountain bike, or could make bio-diesel or just acquire a horse.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Trust me, when TSHTF, you probably won't be moving around too much, likely not enough to need a vehicle not provided by the State, anyway.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A wood-powered motorcycle...
edit on 5/22/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcdonaldm
I've got a Siberian Husky, and plan on getting a sled. He can pull me, and probably 50lbs of equipment.

WTF. Yeah...for about three miles and as long as you are on snow.

There is a reason they use TEAMS of TRAINED sled dogs in Alaska.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
When the TSHTF and there is no more gasoline or diesel, what will you use to get about?

I will come for your gas and food. Then I will steal all the food and have people trade gas for food.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
reply to post by hawkiye

Why would vegetable oil run out since it is renewable? Ethanol is also renewable along with methane gas and wood gas....

So are planning on being a farmer?

Most people will be farmers. Mad max scenario can't last long that is only the movies. In order to survive people will have to produce food and other things they need. Nothing wrong with being a farmer. Why is it that people cannot fathom a more sustainable society localized regionalized and decentralized other then the current unsustainable corporate factory farm ship foods and goods thousands of miles very centralized model?

The revolution is already happening now with people getting back to local organic foods, making their own fuel, 3d printers and rip rap machines etc, the society if the future is being built now!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I mus say, like another poster here mentioned,we could take donkeys.
why not a combo of Donkey and Bike/Horse
Carrying/Mobility/
So long as you plan the travel to go by rivers/grass.+ weapons.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Harvest the dead for their blubber and use it for fuel considering most of Americans are obese there should be a vast reserve there.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Amen brother.

Remember the Rule for starving desperate people.
The fat starve/get eaten first.
I say we save the blubber for something better perhaps.
Soil enrichment or something like that?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I will come for your gas and food. Then I will steal all the food and have people trade gas for food.

Good way to end up dead real quick!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Harvest the dead for their blubber and use it for fuel considering most of Americans are obese there should be a vast reserve there.

Sounds like a great plan....plenty of blubber here in the U.S.

If only I new how to use blubber for fuel.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Szarekh

why not a combo of Donkey and Bike/Horse

Dude, this is not friggin' Bonanza....nor does the Average Joe live a couple of blocks away from the O.K. Chorale. I would like to see the average New Yorker grab up a donkey when TSHTF.

Hell, I don't even know where to find a donkey, and there are farmlands on the outskirts of my city.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

My feet

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join