It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday Mail Mayhem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well my DL finished last night. you know that 1.7 gb Anon uploaded of the DOJ. But I was told I needed WinRar to open the file, but winrar cant do anything with it. Has anyone opened this file? and what did you use?
this is the file properties Ive never seen a file type just called 'file' did the download get corrupt during the dl?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

I have 13 minutes left on the download. I will see if 7 zip will open it and report back..

7zip opens it to this..

I will have a browse for a program to open it. Thanks Woogleuk, I wont bother then.
edit on 22/5/2012 by lewtra because: add outcome

edit on 22/5/2012 by lewtra because: Advice taken from WoogleUK

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

Already an ongoing thread ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), but for the record 7zip will extract the lot, the rar, the tar and the .war.

My advice is don't bother, it is just crime statistics and you cannot delete it once extracted under windows, I had to boot into Linux to get rid of the extracted files.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

# that sounds fishy then like something the gov would upload and then run something that checks your pc to see if youve extracted that stuff.. thx for the heads up

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

No it's ok in that sense, it wasn't because it was running a process, windows just couldn't handle the way the files were placed on the hard drive.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by P-M-H

Already an ongoing thread ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), but for the record 7zip will extract the lot, the rar, the tar and the .war.

My advice is don't bother, it is just crime statistics and you cannot delete it once extracted under windows, I had to boot into Linux to get rid of the extracted files.

just move the folders that gets you "cant delete" errors to the desktop. then it can be deleted without problems

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Migah

It's not just directory length issues, I'm thinking the directory dump came from an encrypted UNIX/Linux server, the files themselves could not be renamed or moved, I have a dual boot on my system so it wasn't a big issue, however others may struggle unless they get a live CD or do an install.

new topics

top topics

join